Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

hd fury on a 7 projector?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: hd fury on a 7 projector? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
i am able to get a hd fury for scratch, i got a 7 machine with rgb input with sync on green and a component cable to display 1080i now i'm wondering if a hd fury first gen will work on a 7 pj with only rgb no h/v sync, only one sync. Some people say put a t-splitter on sync and get a vga 5 bnc cable but that didn't work because i got some sync isseus (colour, and image distorsion). That was with a low budget scaler, and old bluray player. Now i got the hd fury again with a hdmi to dvi cable and a vga 5bnc without scaler (it died) so will it work this time around, and will i get a better picture? Confused

oh and what's up with the power supply polarity? how must it be?

Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The DC jack on the side of the HDfury must follow all these requirements:
- Provide REGULATED (+/- 5%) 5VDC power with 0.5A min DC current
- Deliver the power through a small 0.65mm diameter center pin / 2.6mm outer diameter DC plug (like the one often used in cellular phone AC adaptor)
-Provide the correct polarity with 'plus' on the OUTER part of the plug and 'minus' (ground) on the small center pin of the DC jack.
Trying to use an AC/DC adaptor that doesn't follow all these three requirements may destroy the HDFury. "

Now as for the sync, you're saying the projector you have won't take RGBHV with separate sync? Which model projector is it exactly?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a barco vision 701 mm with one sync input
before i tried the cheap knock off's of hd fury and i got problems with the t-splitter with h/v sync on it (distortion on top of screen and weird collors) Sad

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
it's a barco vision 701 mm with one sync input
before i tried the cheap knock off's of hd fury and i got problems with the t-splitter with h/v sync on it (distortion on top of screen and weird collors) Sad

So you have 4 BNC input RGB+S? It may be your Barco needs negative sync.

You can try the BNC T connector to see if you get a picture.

Also on most PC's 1024x768 has negative sync, you could try that into the HDFury to see if the projector will lock to the 1024 signal with the BNC 'T' combining H+V sync and display a picture.

Make sure to add power too as the above spec's. Some Nokia cell phone chargers had the right size plug for the HDFury but the wrong polarity. Make sure it's ( - ), Negative/ground/earth on the centre pin.

CRT.

HD done right!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 701 is a very old projectors, and may have problems syncing to the Fury I or the knockoffs. When we did Fury tech support, many of the old projectors and rear projection sets had issues. The Vision will max out at 1080i resolution, it won't do 720p.

It may not be worth buying a Fury3 that corrected some of the issues with the Fury1. Maybe just stay with the component signal, and look for a higher end projector?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other option is to get an Extron 202 or similar, use it to shift the image to the right, combine H+V sync and set negative polarity.

I did that way back on my Ampro 4000/SONY G520P and HTPC:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=220

CRT.

HD done right!
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a scaler, with option to set to negative sync and a htpc with a hd fury, with no luck. I think curt palme is right i will try it on a higher pj like a barco 808 on 1080i or p.
About my vision 701 mm it's a ok machine and a later (old) model. It will do 1080i with ease and strugles a little with 720p(not as nice picture). I'll keep it on component for now Cool

regards,

barco dude

CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Vision shouldn't even do 720p, the controller locks anything over 1080i out.
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
A Vision shouldn't even do 720p, the controller locks anything over 1080i out.

nope it does. It's hooked up to a bluray and when i choose a 720p input it shows a clear picture Cool
maybe because i'ts a MM version?

CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, maybe someone changed the controller chip? Good for you, it's not supposed to work! Smile
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like a box off choclates you'll never know what you get Smile

thank's curt

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my hd fury has arrived!!

first of all why is the output of the fury to the projector male and not female (i supose i must get a gender changer?)
than when i plug it in a hdmi port it lights up, that's good but when i only hook up my power supply it won't light up Confused
the polarity is ok because i tested it on my old knock off before i fride it Crying or Very sad
so get the polarity changed again and get a male>female gender changer?

i also need a gamma booster for rgb where can i get one? (crescendo systems maybe? Are they still for sale?)

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the option to test a box 1020 only question what will work (check the link)

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
my hd fury has arrived!!

first of all why is the output of the fury to the projector male and not female (i supose i must get a gender changer?)
than when i plug it in a hdmi port it lights up, that's good but when i only hook up my power supply it won't light up Confused
the polarity is ok because i tested it on my old knock off before i fride it Crying or Very sad
so get the polarity changed again and get a male>female gender changer?

i also need a gamma booster for rgb where can i get one? (crescendo systems maybe? Are they still for sale?)

Make sure you have negative (-) on the center pin and 5 volts for power.

You will NOT get a blue light unless there's an HDCP link happening.

The VGA output is male so you can plug directly into the back of a monitor/television/projector's VGA port

CRT.

HD done right!
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if i'm correct the fury doesn't light up until it's fed a hdcp complient source. It will not light up if you only hook up the power supply, when it's not hooked up to a hdmi source?
I will buy a box 1020, hook it up to my projector with the hd fury. Box1020 has cable driver action so i do not need to hook up the power supply to the fury?

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
so if i'm correct the fury doesn't light up until it's fed a hdcp complient source. It will not light up if you only hook up the power supply, when it's not hooked up to a hdmi source?
because i will buy a box 1020, hook it up to my projector with the hd fury. Box1020 has cable driver action so i do not need to hook up the power supply to the fury?

Use the power supply on the HDFury if you don't get a picture from just hooking up the source or are running high resolutions

I've used HDFury 1 and Box1020 combo. It works well.

CRT.

HD done right!
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the box 1020 gamma boost effect my setup like brightness and/or contrast?
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
does the box 1020 gamma boost effect my setup like brightness and/or contrast?

Depends on how far you turn the knob.

CRT.

HD done right!
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

box 1020 is great real dark scenes are visible now!!!
but if i put a standart dvd in my bluray player the image is totaly shifted to the side and when i try the image shift option it go's all heywire! what's the deal?

Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
box 1020 is great real dark scenes are visible now!!!
but if i put a standart dvd in my bluray player the image is totaly shifted to the side and when i try the image shift option it go's all heywire! what's the deal?

HD(Bluray) has different signal timings than SD (DVD). Also the newer the bluray player the narrower the signal output. The new ones are designed to drive flat panel TV's. They don't need the big video porch timings that CRT does.

Another thing, did you set the sync in the Box1020 to negative? There are jumpers on the mother board for this as well as a few other settings. It's been a few years since I had mine open so I don't remember them all.

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: