Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Glycol Leaking from C element AMpro 4600

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Glycol Leaking from C element AMpro 4600 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Guys,

I switched out one of my tubes and the green c element as well but try as I might the tube keeps leaking.

I tried 3 times and it leaked then I switched out the O ring and tried a couple more times still no luck, I then switched out the cover with the eight screws in it and its still leaked. I am at a loss I have done this before many times and it always seals.

Any ideas advice?

Thanks.

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be a warped C element. Try putting the clear one back in and see if that seals.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: thanks. Reply with quote

I switched out the c element still leaking , its turned into a nightmare, I have never had this problem before. I can only think theres a problem with the entire block holding everything in plqace maybe thats got a defect I cannot remember if it used to be ok, maybe the defect lies there, I just dont know I think I have eliminated all else.

Now I have glycol on the front of the c element and no idea how to get that off...........

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's not the rubber boot under the top/bottom of the tube? I've had those leak before.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: rubber boot? Reply with quote

Rubber boot Curt?

what is that, can it be replaced?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge.

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull out the tube, you'll see either the top or bottom side has a metal cover with something like 6 screws around it. (maybe 8 or 10). There's a rubber expansion seal under that. If it is cracked, the tube will leak.
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: ah Reply with quote

Oh I see,

Sorry that boot, no thats sealed, I was going to open that to refill the glycol but thought that its best not to create another problem. I have changed over c elements like this before maybe I am not doing this right? The glycol is leaking through the front of the metal circular plate with 8 alan screws holding it.

I did not at any point put the tube back in as I didnt see the point. It on a table while I try to fix the issue.

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have a spare housing here if you want it, c/w C element..
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Hey CUrt Reply with quote

I have a spare housing as I had another green tube which the 4600 had in which was burned out but thanks for the offer.

I just want to go through everything and then may need to order a couple of things.

Thanks Curt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: