Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3x1 Smart HDMI Switch not auto switching

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: 3x1 Smart HDMI Switch not auto switching Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
this thing only switches manually now , anyone else had or solved this problem ?
View user's photo album (2 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used one in years, but it may simply be that the unit may be defective (no longer works correctly). How long have you had it? Have you changed anything in the setup?

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
I haven't used one in years, but it may simply be that the unit may be defective (no longer works correctly). How long have you had it? Have you changed anything in the setup?

Kal
had it for years, got it right after HD-DVD came out and I added the first BD player. Haven't really changed anything other than to remove the Toshiba HD-A1 and add an Apple TV player.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it stop working the same way immediately after adding the Apple TV player? If yes, does it go back to working like before if you change the setup to be like before (ie: add the HD-A1, remove the Apple TV player).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, come think of it died slowly, back with HD-A1 in the loop. Like sometimes it would switch and others it wouldn't. Eventually defaulting to full manual switching only.

likely a defect or bug. just saw this in the FAQ thread, but no reply or resolution
Fri Jan 16,2009

csamos wrote:
I just recommended the 3x1 smart switch to a friend of mine. I went to his house last night to install a new blu-ray player and the HDMI switch, however the switch does not seem to be working right. I can manually switch between sources, but it is not automatically switching to the source that is powered on, or to the source that was powered on last. Could he have just gotten a bad switch, or are there some components it may not auto-sense?
-Carl
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does it have its own power supply? Maybe you could try with a different one. Those wall warts often go bad after several years. Due to worn/leaking caps the output voltage filtering then is almost nonexistant...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
Hi,

Does it have its own power supply? Maybe you could try with a different one. Those wall warts often go bad after several years. Due to worn/leaking caps the output voltage filtering then is almost nonexistant...

Regards,
barclay66
nope, runs off the HDMI voltage
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: