Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Lumagen 2020 won't sync with MOOMe barco full hdmi card
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaredjaric

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Ok , I used the receiver as the switcher.

Results ...
The video is blank,
the barco seems to sense the signal but it is outputting a black screen.

Went back using the lumagen as purely video and receiver purely audio.

The hdmi card synced w/ the Lumagen. But went into shutdown after 20 minutes, and restarted again.

I took out the old barco cinemax controller board , swapped in a cine 9 comtroller board.

PJ did work for a much longer time but tripped the GFCI a/c plug breaker.

I pulled out the PS3 out of the lumagen, Use the DVD player only.

so far it was able to finish the movie w/out shutting down.

The movie is the american sniper.
Something in the ps3 HDCP hdmi is causing the Barco to shutdown.

its like the 5 volt regulator or something in the controller board shunting.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem like that using a modified external moome. When I started the Cinemax and the source device together the Max would reboot or do strange things. I learned to first start the Max wait till it has booted and than activate the handshaking of the source.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aways start up the pj first then the processor than the video player then the external moome card.
With the moome internal card,

Its the pj first then the video processor then the player. But this is only possible with an hdmi doctor in between the pj and processor.
I am using a better hdcp / splitter now,which makes the lumagen sync with the moome in a snap.

My problem now is it would loose video and the audio ( lost sync ) in the middle of a movie.
But it wil recover after a few sec.

redfox001 wrote:
I had a problem like that using a modified external moome. When I started the Cinemax and the source device together the Max would reboot or do strange things. I learned to first start the Max wait till it has booted and than activate the handshaking of the source.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something bad in the chain. I had to clean the contacts of my hdmi cables to get rid of those problems. I used copper cleaner Brasso. Let it work half an hour on the connectors.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: finally settled Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Something bad in the chain. I had to clean the contacts of my hdmi cables to get rid of those problems. I used copper cleaner Brasso. Let it work half an hour on the connectors.

I want to let you guys know that :
The issue of moome board and lumagen not syncing, was fixed by a VIEW hd hdcp stripper.
It is and has been working nicely, i can switch input sources from the lumagen( ps3 , sony dvd, oppo95) with out losing sync.

And the lost of video after a few hours of video was caused by a failing splitter.
This also explains the pj sometimes shutting down.

Also had a supposed sync issue after replacing the splitter, it was then the quads failing.
I mean it would again seem like the moome not syncing.
The pj would work normally in adjustment mode.
But whenever i put a video signal,the pj would go blank.

The cause or issues were resolved ,when the quad finally failed ( image modulating , shuts down on white raster video).
With the new splitter and quads , the pj is working smoothly and all the components are syncing very nicely.
moome

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: finally settled Reply with quote

jaredjaric wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

I want to let you guys know that :
The issue of moome board and lumagen not syncing, was fixed by a VIEW hd hdcp stripper.
It is and has been working nicely, i can switch input sources from the lumagen( ps3 , sony dvd, oppo95) with out losing sync.

And the lost of video after a few hours of video was caused by a failing splitter.
This also explains the pj sometimes shutting down.

Also had a supposed sync issue after replacing the splitter, it was then the quads failing.
I mean it would again seem like the moome not syncing.
The pj would work normally in adjustment mode.
But whenever i put a video signal,the pj would go blank.

The cause or issues were resolved ,when the quad finally failed ( image modulating , shuts down on white raster video).
With the new splitter and quads , the pj is working smoothly and all the components are syncing very nicely.

thanks for the update, so it maybe the VIEW hd hdcp stripper with not good thermal design, and enter thermal shut down after some time. you can also try to cool down it to see if issue will be gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: