Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEC XG digital input card?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: NEC XG digital input card? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
OK, I've seen Curt's page on this, but it looks like I missed the boat back in 20012/13. Anyone on here actually use one on their XG and have feedback?

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1st gen. moome card (DVI+component), I only briefly tested that (it just came with the pj). But what I read about them is they are working fine, the only downside is that the XGs are picky for input timings so if you pair the XG with a standard BRay player you'll most likely get the sides of the picture cropped (~20%).

This is why you most likely need a scaler if you plan to use discrete source components, but some lumagen scalers already have analog outputs too. The other way is the HTPC way which also don't require a HDMI input card.

I'd say the moome card is only must if you just want to plug and play -bnut that would mean 1080p-60Hz which is only acceptable to viewing CATV or Dish.

As you see either way with a scaler or HTPC the HDMI card is not a must, using a one of these also bring the oportunity to send proper resolutions for the projector, like 1080p-72Hz. I myself prefer the 1080i-96Hz which is not stressing the projector at all still gives good motion flow and virtually flickerless on the screen.
If you decide to set that XG up, I gladly share my 1080i-96HZ timings -if you are interested- I also use an XG135 LC.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
jask

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in those as well, please post or PM the information.
Thanks
View user's photo album (4 photos)
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing. I just cropped the details of the Custom resolution utility.
1080i-96Hz on a NEC XG-1351.

1080i-96-CRU.PNG
 Description:
1080i 96Hz for NEC XG
 Filesize:  18.02 KB
 Viewed:  5383 Time(s)

1080i-96-CRU.PNG

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been thinking about setting my XG110AC up again just to enjoy some of that sweet CRT'ness that I miss on the big screen (digital is great, but I can't resist the analog!). So its nice to see a thread on this, since I have the DVI + component card and actually rarely used it (mostly due to not having any way to properly set the timings until I got a video processor)

Mine didn't like to cooperate much, but again I suspect that is a fault of how I was running things. Glad I still have it since I doubt I'll ever come across the HDMI card (or use it!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: