Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Value of old vinyl

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Value of old vinyl Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I dropped by my friend's house yesterday, who was cleaning out his garage. He said he needed some help moving some things, so I gave him a hand. Well, I joked that there might be some treasure in the stored boxes that were hidden away. He laughed, but sure enough I opened a box with a bunch of cassettes. Laughing and ready to throw them in the garbage, I lifted them to find a stack of old vinyl that looked to be in mint condition. I quickly looked at them and saw a couple Deutsche Grammophone recordings of classical music, Pink Floyd and Bob Marley. He snagged the latter two, but there was a bunch of other artists. Is any of this have any real value or are they worth just a couple of dollars?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of it will be worth $1-$2 each if mint. A collectible record that's worth more than that is going to have to be pretty rare.
nettwerkjohn

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, over in nz, second hand vinyl is black gold... Often selling for more than a brand new cd...
View user's photo album (1 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it really depends on what it is. Classical recordings and Jazz at one time on high quality pressings like Deutsche Grammophone, RCA Victor, etc. were fetching high prices at one time but have slid in the last 10 to 15 years due to that generation dying out.
Right now, late 60's thru 70's Rock is bringing big bucks, any clean Floyd or Zeppelin was bringing $10 to $20. but the price does go back down once it's re-isssued on brand new vinyl which runs around $20 to $25.
Individual records of very high value are based on the pressing, and you need a price guide

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1440234965/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1440234965&linkCode=as2&tag=curtpalmecrtp-20&linkId=DMFBJL3GUVMQE6VU

I like to bundle and sell on Audiogon, like 3 or 4 classic rock for $30. they charge like 2% commission on music.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will tell my friend about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: