Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

First post here, old problem Dwin/Moome

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mxfrank

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: First post here, old problem Dwin/Moome Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
A few years back, I bought a Moome FullHD 1.3 for use with my Dwin 700. I was never able to get it to work, but now my video processor is dead, and the Moome would come in handy. The problem is that it never seems to sync up. The Dwin says "no signal", as if there was no sync signal. I'm sure the Dwin is healthy.

I have two versions of the documentation...Doc v1.01 and Doc V1.10. Odd thing is, they seem to document completely different conversion boxes. Mine looks most similar to v1.01. This document doesn't show neg sync being selectable, while Doc 1.10 does. Any suggestions?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your source? What resolution are you trying to send to the Dwin?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what Jeremy wrote: The reason he's asking is that the Moome box supports FullHD (1080p) so if you haven't forced your source device to use a lower resolution that your Dwin actually supports, your source will default to 1080p resolution and 24Hz refresh rate (for movies). Your Dwin cannot do either. I'd recommend setting the source to 1080i or 720p at 60Hz.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Alex2014

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: First post here, old problem Dwin/Moome Reply with quote

I have DWIN-700 and Moome EXT-FULLHD V1.01
Take the following steps:
1. Connect the VGA-5BNC all five connectors BNC (not three) into the projector.
2. Switches 4 and 5 in SW1 Moome EXT-FULLHD set to "K", the other to the "OFF"
3. Align the source DVD / BD in the OSD resolution 576p.
This must be done as follows: first, connect the source DVD / BD to your TV, then get up in the setup menu to 576p, but do not «ENTER/OK".
4. Then switch the source via HDMI to the EXT-Moome FULLHD and projector.
5. Next, click with the remote source blindfold «ENTER/OK" to select 576p at the source.
P.S. When you press «Enter» 576p directly on your TV, adjust the resolution to fly to "Automatic" when switching HDMI cable to the TV after MOOME,
and the projector does not show the picture - it needs to be fed initially only 576p.
So I cheat Panasonic BDP -60.
6. If the projector is turned on 576p, only then can the on-screen source menu and set the resolution of 720p projector will show it.
P.S. Directly exposed to a source with a resolution of 720p projector for some reason does not display due to the synchronization.
Sorry for the bad english.
Alex.
Alex2014

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: First post here, old problem Dwin/Moome Reply with quote

Clarification to the above stated: 576P=480P

Alex.
mxfrank

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. After plying with this a bit, far too much complication. I bought a DVDO processor, and worked up a solution around that. Simple and neat. Does the Moome have value, or should I send it off to recycling?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxfrank wrote:
Thanks for the tips. After plying with this a bit, far too much complication. I bought a DVDO processor, and worked up a solution around that. Simple and neat. Does the Moome have value, or should I send it off to recycling?

Put it on the Buy and Sell forum here:
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
fell free to donate to the forum once you sell it.

Glad you found a solution for your Dwin.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: