Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Oppo 103/105 Jailbreak Firmware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I actually haven't tried with an MKV, only with burned BD discs that were 1:1 backups, nothing stripped out, copied with anydvd HD. So I can't comment on whether it corrected Cinavia outside of discs, as they were all I personally cared about. I just cared that there was SOME way to watch stuff I backed up without decreasing the audio quality.

I'll see what I can do about getting a copy of that to you, though it may be the exact same thing... You might want to use a file compare program first to see if there are any differences in the unzipped files. I'll have to grab that when I'm at home, so I'll try to do that later, or by the weekend anyway.
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually just sent you a PM, so lemme know how it goes.
Hastor

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing - I'd test to make sure the other features work on your current one, just to make sure your key is good. If you don't have a blu-ray that is from another region, set the disc-menu language to French and try a region A disc. It should give you a message saying that it can only be played in Region A, since setting that to French changes it to Region B. Just make sure it isn't a region free disc, as some are even though the box says Region A. With DVD, the firmware should be region free regardless of settings. You can also test by trying to play an ISO file from the "Movie" menu just like you'd play an MKV. It should work with an ISO of a DVD or BD. This would test the ISO playback added by the firmware.

I just suggest this because I spent a few hours thinking mine didn't work at all before I figured out it just wasn't registering my key (due to the auto-start, but there could be other issues, so make sure SOME jailbreak feature works at least). Without the key it reverts to factory firmware behavior.

Also possible you were provided with a bad key.
johnstan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interesting in picking up an Oppo 103 to install this custom firmware on. I need to find a unit with firmware 1031 or below correct? Firmware version 0715 came out a few week ago. From what I can gather, I can upgrade to 1031 if it's on a lower firmware, but it's not possible to downgrade the firmware.

The only place I can find online selling keys is bd-mod.com.http://bd-mod.com/oppo.html dsnape said this site did not work for him. Anyone else have any experience with this bd-mod or know somewhere else to buy a key?
I'd love a 103 for its ability to play SACD, DVD-A, and HD-DVD. Being one of the few devices capability of ripping SACD is a big plus too. I want to jailbreak in order to play 1:1 Blu-ray iso and SACD iso stored on my network.
dsnape

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update

I have been using the firmware from the bd-mod.com website for a while now. I can confirm that the firmware does work to some extent but it does not remove the cinavia. I have contacted the vendor multiple times to try and find a work around with no success. The error message I view is error 3 where the audio is muted.

The firmware does enable the player to become region free
I do not use the ISO function

The majority of my files are MKV backups with a DTS HD sound track. I like the ability to have a standalone machine that can play MKV files on a BD-R.

I am still searching for a solution to remove cinavia.
sofakng

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this ever been resolved with the Oppo 103 and the custom firmware?

I was thinking about buying one but if the Ciniava removal doesn't work then that's a problem...
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the firmware on my 105D and have not had any issues with Ciniava.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this one:

http://bd-mod.com/oppo.html

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the new OPPO UDP-203 will get a hack too soon enough. If it does I would by one, but not the expensive ones over here in Sweden with a price tag of 9999 SEK. Sounds intriguing though, importing one, and really should as it make perfect sense starting ones HD Blu-ray collection even though stuck with my plain old 1080p OLED like mine.
Holiday

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was thinking about getting the 103 firmware from
Bdmod. I only want it for backup disks. Does anyone run this succefully or are we all using files and streamers in?
nathan_h

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried their firmware for the 203?

With Oppo prepping a huge update to address the day one issues I would wonder how much things are changing in the near future.
Holiday

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me trying for a 10e cinavia removal for disk playback still. Not many talk about it
boe

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the 203 and played back Inferno that I converted from BD to MKV. When streaming it, the 203 gives a cinavia warning. I tried to stream the same file to the 103 and the 103 played it fine with Oppo's firmware - no modification.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boe wrote:
I just got the 203 and played back Inferno that I converted from BD to MKV. When streaming it, the 203 gives a cinavia warning. I tried to stream the same file to the 103 and the 103 played it fine with Oppo's firmware - no modification.

The 103, 103d, 105, and 105d ignore cinavia on all but BD. It looks like the 203 is following cinavia on all media files or at least mkv. This would be rather disappointing.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
boe

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful about mentioning it on AVSforum in the Oppo 203 thread - I thought I was helping others who might be wondering and I got beaten pretty badly for mentioning it since someone said it might be an issue early in the thread. I was foolish enough to confirm it.

I know most people use their 203 for playing discs but I've converted every disc I own to BD and could never go back to putting discs into a player after searching through thousands of discs that sometimes get put back in the wrong order. I'm looking at the NVidia shield as an alternative since I still have a couple of weeks to return my 203. I didn't mention considering alternatives or returning it on AVSforum - I think they might hunt me down with torches and pitchforks if I did.
nathan_h

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
boe wrote:

The 103, 103d, 105, and 105d ignore cinavia on all but BD. It looks like the 203 is following cinavia on all media files or at least mkv. This would be rather disappointing.

craigr

I agree. I am disappointed that the BDA required Oppo (and all other UHD BR players) to enforce Cinavia on all media files. I sort of understand why they think they can do that in the US, but I am surprised other jurisdictions, where making a personal backup is allowed, would not be exempt from this.
nathan_h

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boe wrote:
Careful about mentioning it on AVSforum in the Oppo 203 thread - I thought I was helping others who might be wondering and I got beaten pretty badly for mentioning it since someone said it might be an issue early in the thread. I was foolish enough to confirm it.

I know most people use their 203 for playing discs but I've converted every disc I own to BD and could never go back to putting discs into a player after searching through thousands of discs that sometimes get put back in the wrong order. I'm looking at the NVidia shield as an alternative since I still have a couple of weeks to return my 203. I didn't mention considering alternatives or returning it on AVSforum - I think they might hunt me down with torches and pitchforks if I did.

Yeah, I think the Shield is probably the best bet for a streamer and if you ONLY stream stuff, then it's probably a better all in one solution than the Oppo.

I still need something to play UHD discs, and SACD and DVD-A discs..... so I may end up with both devices (oppo and nvidia).
boe

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all set to get a shield and try it out and someone said the upscaling wasn't good at all. I could live with that if it did native out so my TV could handle the upscaling but apparently you have to set it to be 1080 or 720 each time.
nathan_h

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boe wrote:
I was all set to get a shield and try it out and someone said the upscaling wasn't good at all. I could live with that if it did native out so my TV could handle the upscaling but apparently you have to set it to be 1080 or 720 each time.

Interesting.

I never picked up the old Shield and the new one is just announced. It will be important to see whether the new one solves that.
big27

PostLink    Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

i have the oppo 103 with the jailbrack from bluraychip.com

the firmware is BDP10X-83-0715

I can change the region with the DIMMER DIMMER trick but the problem that the oppo

1. cant recognize iso files '

2. the bdmv structure is only played if i put inside and play the 0000 files ....

any idea what to do with this problem

is this jailbreak will help me

http://bd-mod.com/buy.php

tanks for the help ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: