Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Line Doubler with Composite out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shifu

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Line Doubler with Composite out? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey Guys,

Question, my setup is almost complete, all it lacks is a line doubler to get rid of the visible scan lines from the laserdisc and higher resolution sourches (all above vhs). But since my Sony crt projector has one of those expensive external remotes which took me ages to find and money to get to the Netherlands i'm looking for a line doubler that can output back to composite or s-video. most line doubles i can see output to rgbhv but that would render that external remote almost uselless Sad

do you guys have any idea how to fix my setup problem? i would rather like to keep the external remote within the setup but the beamer does support rgbhv.

The projector is a Sony VPH-1041Qm.

all my video sources are hooked up to Marmitek 4:1 powered video switch with Euroscart, S-video and Composite input and output --> Sony VPR-722S with CCQ BRS Cable --> Sony VPH-1041Qm.

thanks alot for any welcome tips! Smile

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing. A line doubler outputs RGbHV which your sony simply cannot take as an input , nor can you run the Sony at 32 KHz, needed for line doubling.
Shifu

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i see, was afraid of that actually, do you have any other suggestion to reduce the line visibility?
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Curt mentions, composite and S-video by definition at 480i resolution. Line doubled is 480p. You can't pass a 480p signal through a composite or s-video connector because it requires twice the bandwidth.

Your Sony VPH-1041Qm is limited to 480i. There's no way to change that.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the screen size smaller or sit back further Very Happy
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: