Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Brand new, in the box!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koldby

TV/Projector: GJAKY modded VDC marquee 9500lc ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Nice !
Do I detect an edge blending setup?

Koldby

Ps.
You suck! Laughing

Last edited by koldby on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! You suck!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You suck!
and
Blend it!

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbiggleswurth wrote:
Got mine today, (2) 9500 LC Ultras. They are brand spanking new. One has 94 hours on it, the other has 21. The serial numbers are only 4 units apart. QC stickers have December 23, 2010; power supply covers say December 2010.

HD-10L lenses
Red, Green, and Blue tubes
All clear C-elements. Confused

They are absolutely immaculate. They came in their factory boxes. Looking in through the lenses the castings are beautiful dark grey, the glycol is clear, zero bubbles. Being late gen, it's all stainless fasteners on the bellows. The QC tape seals on the top panels and VIMs have never been breached.

I'm into the pair for $3900, including shipping.

Do I suck?

Very Happy

Outstanding! Glad to hear it.

Mr. Green

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbiggleswurth wrote:
Got mine today, (2) 9500 LC Ultras. They are brand spanking new. One has 94 hours on it, the other has 21. The serial numbers are only 4 units apart. QC stickers have December 23, 2010; power supply covers say December 2010.

HD-10L lenses

They are absolutely immaculate. They came in their factory boxes. Looking in through the lenses the castings are beautiful dark grey, the glycol is clear, zero bubbles. Being late gen, it's all stainless fasteners on the bellows. The QC tape seals on the top panels and VIMs have never been breached.

Do I suck?

Very Happy

Ro_co snuck back in Wink

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/16-crt-projectors/1921985-where-buy-cheep-crt-projectors.html#post33786761

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Melifluonze

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you do SUCK!

You got yours before I got mine!

Now that I've seen your pictures, I'm just going to leave mine in their boxes... Shocked

That being said, I'm a little bummed about the clear C elements and the HD-10L's, but I knew that going in...

I've actually never projected with an LUG set. I keep hearing that they are dim. Do you find them to be bright enough?

- M

We STILL don't need no stinkin' 7.1!
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
mrbiggleswurth wrote:

HD-10L lenses

Do I suck?

Very Happy

Ro_co snuck back in Wink

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/16-crt-projectors/1921985-where-buy-cheep-crt-projectors.html#post33786761

Nashou

Ban? We don't need no stinking ban! I guess it won't be long before people start creating multiple accounts Wink

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's what's in them:

G: P19LUG43HKA 76
R: P19LUG03RJA 76
B: P19LUG03BMB

Seems the only thing they are missing are colored C-elements!
mrbiggleswurth

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Melifluonze"]Yes, you do SUCK!

You got yours before I got mine!

Now that I've seen your pictures, I'm just going to leave mine in their boxes... :shock:

That being said, I'm a little bummed about the clear C elements and the HD-10L's, but I knew that going in...

I've actually never projected with an LUG set. I keep hearing that they are dim. Do you find them to be bright enough?

- M[/quote]

I've got plenty of other lenses, including (6) HFQ900s and more GT-17s than I know what to do with, so no big deal. Plus, in a blend setup the 10Ls are perfectly fine from what I understand, unless you go with a huge screen.

I'm tempted to mothball these guys. I've got enough parts to do pairs of identical parts/tubes blends with the other Ultras in my collection (currently 10 chassis and a complete pair of identical boards from low hours 2004 models).

My first Ultra, an MP9 I bought from Curt in 2007 (for $8,500!) has LUGs and I never noticed it being any dimmer than my VV1, which has LCPs. Both my MP9 and my VV1 have red C-elements, too. The problem is I think I still have less than 1000 hours on the MP9, have never run the contrast higher than 50, but there's already a visible wear pattern on the green LUG. I've read that LUGs burn much faster than LCPs due to their tighter beam spot size.

Steve
mrbiggleswurth

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jbmeyer13"][quote="Nashou66"][quote="mrbiggleswurth"]Got mine today, (2) 9500 LC Ultras. They are brand spanking new. One has 94 hours on it, the other has 21. The serial numbers are only 4 units apart. QC stickers have December 23, 2010; power supply covers say December 2010.

HD-10L lenses
All clear C-elements. :?

Do I suck?

:D[/quote]

Ro_co snuck back in ;)

Nashou[/quote]

Ban? We don't need no stinking ban! I guess it won't be long before people start creating multiple accounts :wink:[/quote]

Justin,

I now have Marquees that are cleaner than yours.

:-)

Steve
mrbiggleswurth

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nashou66"][quote="mrbiggleswurth"]Got mine today, (2) 9500 LC Ultras. They are brand spanking new. One has 94 hours on it, the other has 21. The serial numbers are only 4 units apart. QC stickers have December 23, 2010; power supply covers say December 2010.

HD-10L lenses
All clear C-elements. :?

Do I suck?

:D[/quote]

Ro_co snuck back in ;)

Nashou[/quote]

Snuck? Been a user there since 2002, Nash.

:wink:

Steve
Melifluonze

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tight beam spot size... If that's an issue, can't you de-focus to the point of the resolution you're trying to obtain? Of course, depending on the rest of your video path, that probably defeats the purpose of having LUGs...

- M

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbiggleswurth wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
mrbiggleswurth wrote:

HD-10L lenses

Do I suck?

Very Happy

Ro_co snuck back in Wink

Nashou

Wink

Steve

Not at AVS , you snuck in here. I added the link to show your Mr_ro_co post there has the same pics here therefore Mrbiggleswurth is Mr_ro_co Wink

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
mrbiggleswurth

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
mrbiggleswurth wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
mrbiggleswurth wrote:

HD-10L lenses

Do I suck?

Very Happy

Ro_co snuck back in Wink

Nashou

Wink

Steve

Not at AVS , you snuck in here. I added the link to show your Mr_ro_co post there has the same pics here therefore Mrbiggleswurth is Mr_ro_co Wink

Nashou

Golly, and here I was trying so hard to hide. So ineffective against your powers of observation.

Wink

Steve
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbiggleswurth (aka mr_ro_co who was already previously banned after multiple warnings) has now also been banned, including an IP ban. They were posting from the same IP so they are most certainly the same user. From the forum rules:

Quote:
Multiple registration. You may register only one account, and if you were banned, you may not reregister.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he tried so hard to hide, why would he post the same pics and info on two parallel forums that some people visit both of?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
Melifluonze

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I go to pick up my projectors at the distribution facility... I usually have a friend come, 'cause there's some man-handling involved. Nobody around can help me on this day 'cause we're in some overtime mode at work. I have to bring my trailer up to the dock and tip the ramp down on the dock edge. There ends up being an angle on the ramp. I have to have the fork lift guys place the pallets at the top of the trailer ramp and slowly tip them until the angle's right, then let them go and they slide their way happily down the ramp to the bottom. I then take my pallet jack and man-handle the pallet over the ramp hinges and into the trailer. Works well... usually...

TODAY, I get there, and the guy does my stack of two new ones first... Yeah, you freakin' guys can see what's coming, can't you... He brings it over, tips it on the ramp, and it gets out of control. I'm certainly not going to be under it, so I just helplessly watch as those two boxes strapped to a pallet slide awkwardly down the ramp. Time slows down to like hours, and the projectors slide... Then they hit the hing and they... they go over... in super slow OMFG motion! Creeeeeekk, BANG-tinkle...

I think I threw up, and blacked out, but I don't remember... My brain's thinking... what could go TINKLE aside from TUBES in those freakin' boxes???

Melifluonze

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, those VDC guys packed these projectors.

I'm not sure yet, but I took the box cover off the top one (which totally hit the hardest). The box is triple walled cardboard, solid as heck. They were strapped to the pallet very well, nothing moved.

First thing I see is the cardboard that covers the tool hole in the foam with a remote on it... Hmmm... I pick the remote out and pick off the cardboard. The allen driver and wrench tool are in a bag with a few other things... I pick the bag up and it goes TINKLE... OMFG...

Could that be all the tinkle was?

I took the foam out and checked out the projector. All looks well. I took the top panels off and took off one of the back end plastic covers to look at the tube neck inside. Looks fine... I see no glass anywhere, no glycol seeping out of chambers, no lenses smashed, nothing.

I took a look at the box. The top corner at the front left of the projector is crushed a little bit. I took a look at the foam I removed from the top of the projector, and notice one little piece is off of the part that protects the side of the projector in the front. (see pictures)

I have not looked further (had to go into work). I am hoping beyond hope that the only damage is that little plastic issue on the top of the side panel (see pictures). If it's a tube, it'll be the blue tube that got nailed...

BUT... Wouldn't I have heard a POP or some kind of little explosion if a tube went, and some pretty significant sort of shattering sound? I didn't hear any of that. What do you guys think? Packaging protected it??? Shocked

- M

Top_corner_small.jpg
 Description:
The plastic damage where the projector landed and the top cover pushed into the side cover
 Filesize:  59.15 KB
 Viewed:  4674 Time(s)

Top_corner_small.jpg

Box_small.jpg
 Description:
The crushed box corner (heck of a box!!!)
 Filesize:  80.68 KB
 Viewed:  4675 Time(s)

Box_small.jpg

Broken_foam_small.jpg
 Description:
The foam leg protecting the side of the projector that was broken off
 Filesize:  71.63 KB

Broken_foam_small.jpg

Broken_off_foam_small.jpg
 Description:
Little piece of broken off foam
 Filesize:  30.04 KB

Broken_off_foam_small.jpg

jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melifluonze wrote:
So... I go to pick up my projectors at the distribution facility... I usually have a friend come, 'cause there's some man-handling involved. Nobody around can help me on this day 'cause we're in some overtime mode at work. I have to bring my trailer up to the dock and tip the ramp down on the dock edge. There ends up being an angle on the ramp. I have to have the fork lift guys place the pallets at the top of the trailer ramp and slowly tip them until the angle's right, then let them go and they slide their way happily down the ramp to the bottom. I then take my pallet jack and man-handle the pallet over the ramp hinges and into the trailer. Works well... usually...

TODAY, I get there, and the guy does my stack of two new ones first... Yeah, you freakin' guys can see what's coming, can't you... He brings it over, tips it on the ramp, and it gets out of control. I'm certainly not going to be under it, so I just helplessly watch as those two boxes strapped to a pallet slide awkwardly down the ramp. Time slows down to like hours, and the projectors slide... Then they hit the hing and they... they go over... in super slow OMFG motion! Creeeeeekk, BANG-tinkle...

I think I threw up, and blacked out, but I don't remember... My brain's thinking... what could go TINKLE aside from TUBES in those freakin' boxes???

So what happened? Lenses, tubes, both smashed? Don't bait us like this..

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: