Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

no 3D with nVidia anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggoldensun

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: no 3D with nVidia anymore Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi folx,
so far I had the mome board in my Sony VPH 1292 running as a Sony FW-900 monitor using a fixed .inf.
However I upgraded my machine with a GTX 980 board. I had to re-install all stuff from scratch - and even worse, cannot find that .inf anymore.
I was running 1920x1080x96 Hz, which is clearly the limit of that mome card. However, that looked very good in 3D, using classic crystal eyes shutter glasses.
How can I get there again !?
Getting a fake .inf into that monitor is easy, even that windows loves to swap the monitors randomly. If I got a Viewsonic .inf that I found online running, I get 1920x1080x60, and the nVidia driver even shows me: Generic CRT. I start the 3D Demo, but only in 60 Hz. When I try to create a custom mode with 96 Hz - or even with 75, I only get a garbled screen Sad
Same when I put in the parameters windows shows, when I create a custom 96 Hz mode in the default PNP Display mode.
In that mode, windows only allows checkerboard or 3DTV mode Sad
If I patch the .inf, put the stereo to CRT mode, then put back in the right .inf for the moome, I get a nasty crash Smile
Anyone has any idea !? Solution !? Help !? Hugz !?!?!?
Cheers
Ralph
aspec2

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the old Powerstrip program allow you to write your own .inf?
winny

TV/Projector: BD808s, BG1209/2

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rightgrade OS, install powerstrip?
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: no 3D with nVidia anymore Reply with quote

biggoldensun wrote:
Hi folx,
so far I had the mome board in my Sony VPH 1292 running as a Sony FW-900 monitor using a fixed .inf.
However I upgraded my machine with a GTX 980 board. I had to re-install all stuff from scratch - and even worse, cannot find that .inf anymore.
I was running 1920x1080x96 Hz, which is clearly the limit of that mome card. However, that looked very good in 3D, using classic crystal eyes shutter glasses.
How can I get there again !?
Getting a fake .inf into that monitor is easy, even that windows loves to swap the monitors randomly. If I got a Viewsonic .inf that I found online running, I get 1920x1080x60, and the nVidia driver even shows me: Generic CRT. I start the 3D Demo, but only in 60 Hz. When I try to create a custom mode with 96 Hz - or even with 75, I only get a garbled screen Sad
Same when I put in the parameters windows shows, when I create a custom 96 Hz mode in the default PNP Display mode.
In that mode, windows only allows checkerboard or 3DTV mode Sad
If I patch the .inf, put the stereo to CRT mode, then put back in the right .inf for the moome, I get a nasty crash Smile
Anyone has any idea !? Solution !? Help !? Hugz !?!?!?
Cheers
Ralph

Hello,

you can enable CRT mode with any Forceware drives - but it differs how hard it is to enable them. That includes registry hacks and using .inf files from 3D Vision supported devices. I do not know your technical knowledge level, but for 3D Video playback revert back to a Nvidia Forceware before 285. Also use a Acer 3d inf to set Nvidia 3d Vision into DLP mode. DLP mode means frame sequential (96hz100hz/120hz/ or whatever you like and can configure).

http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2027

Kind regards

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: