Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FORUM RULES feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
HogPilot wrote:
I think it's interesting that those who disliked Steve focused on his delivery rather than his message. In fact, outside of the Corvette/GTO discussion, there are few people here who can actually discuss on his level, instead bringing "everyman" arguments that sound great when repeated but carry little legitimacy. I think the heavy focus on his tone rather than what he contributed to the forum - especially to the HT side of things - is narrow in its view.

roco seemed to have two separate personalities. Sometimes, e.g. talking about cars, he made interesting, knowledgeable comments, and his posts were a pleasure to read. I liked that Steve. The rest of the time -- which seemed to me like the large majority -- his posts made me feel like I needed a shower after reading them. They were repugnant.

Like it or not, his tone was an important and IMHO a very unpleasant part of his presence on the forum. I don't care how good your points are -- if you deliver them by spitting in my face and kicking me in the crotch, you're not going to be very popular with me.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious as to how I can basically pay a compliment to the new moderator, and he thinks he can start threatening to ban me for something that wasn't even an insult?

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=438151#438151

(Keep in mind here we are talking about someone who has repeatedly insulted me, even going so far as referring to my own home as a "reservation shack" among many other things. )

HogPilot wrote:
Well then get on with the status bragging!! Housing Ukrainian refugees, lunch with generals, friends who know other friends who got a rare picture with some famous person - and now NA reservation charity! Let's hear some of that braggadocio! Or does the reservation family's plight not suit you at this time?

I assume though he will be "coy" about this particular comment though, claiming he was just curious about the house or something.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

What I said In the "hogpilot is a Mod thread" was twisted around and made into something it was not by him... especially given that this stubborn jerky, jerky characteristic is part of the reason I thought he could make a decent mod. You have to have somebody who isn't afraid to be a little bit of a jerk, and likes using the power. Of course there is balance.. but I THOUGHT his jerkyness would be a HELPFUL addition to the moderation staff.

It just feel to me though that this guy simply has a vendetta towards me. This very thread is enough evidence of that. Which is fine... But I am not sure what is being accomplished...

Every time forum drama came up I offered nothing more to Kal than if he ever thought I needed to go, all he had to do was give the word. Seriously. While I am certain that his never telling me to leave was encouragement or approval of my antics, all the same the offer remains extended....

So seriously? Is the "Hog is a Mod" thread evidence of how the mods should be moderating this forum?

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I'm sorry to disappoint, but my interest in you doesn't extend nearly far enough to know what your house looks like, and you contiually passed up many opportunities to identify it as such after your initially bragged about the family you have that lives on a reservation. Coy, indeed. Leave it to you to turn a compliment on your charity work - which you waste no breath bringing up when it suits you - into a poor attempt at painting a fallacious picture.

For someone so supposedly outraged by my honest mistake, you sure took quite some time to bring it to light. Funny how the timing worked out too!

I'd suggest you spend more timing policing your posts so as to follow the rules - which you have shown an inability to do thus far - and less time stringing together stories of supposed insults that took you months to bring up.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone believe he didn't know he was talking about my home?

Or that he hasn't repeatedly both been insulting, and insulted me?

All of that is fine... Really it is... but the compliment I paid him was hardly a breach of the rules.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now your hounding on Ron for bringing up charity work he does? Whats wrong with being proud about doing something good for some one? Or bragging about something you did or built etc? there is no difference. But here you go and belittle Ron:

Leave it to you to turn a compliment on your charity work - which you waste no breath bringing up when it suits you - into a poor attempt at painting a fallacious picture.

And in that also calling him a liar in essance.

Come on Hog, lay off the guy will ya.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His post was pretty much trolling... and I would know what trolling looks like..

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone believe that if ron were really incensed by my honest mistake, that he would have repeatedly passed up multiple opportunities to correct me and waited months to bring it up? He's the one who offered up the reservation family connection, I simply commended him on his charity work with them. Which he accepted uncorrected over and over and over...

Sorry ron, you have been warned to follow the rules since it has been made painfully clear that they WILL be enforced, and not only have you blatantly disregarded them multiple times since, but now you're trying to claim some fabricated slight dredged up from the "Rolodex" to distract from your breaking of the rules. Wouldnt fly if you strapped a rocket to it.

SC
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
So now your hounding on Ron for bringing up charity work he does? Whats wrong with being proud about doing something good for some one? Or bragging about something you did or built etc? there is no difference. But here you go and belittle Ron:

Leave it to you to turn a compliment on your charity work - which you waste no breath bringing up when it suits you - into a poor attempt at painting a fallacious picture.

And in that also calling him a liar in essance.

Come on Hog, lay off the guy will ya.

Nashou

Haha, are you joking? He's the one who brought the entire thing up!

SC
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last several posts should be moved to the argument/bicker forum. Oh, wait, where did that go? Mr. Green

Last edited by El Duderino on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:
Anyone believe that if ron were really incensed by my honest mistake, that he would have repeatedly passed up multiple opportunities to correct me and waited months to bring it up? He's the one who offered up the reservation family connection, I simply commended him on his charity work with them. Which he accepted uncorrected over and over and over...

Sorry ron, you have been warned to follow the rules since it has been made painfully clear that they WILL be enforced, and not only have you blatantly disregarded them multiple times since, but now you're trying to claim some fabricated slight dredged up from the "Rolodex" to distract from your breaking of the rules. Wouldnt fly if you strapped a rocket to it.

You continue to make my point.

This of course is all entirely a distraction from the consideration I never broke a rule by "insulting" this guy..... but ok... I'll bite on your continued trolling, allowing you to prove me wrong by showing you may in fact be unfit for the job...

Are you really trying to claim you didn't know that was my home?

How many regulars around here do you think would believe that?

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hog there has been many times you went off on others in same fashion Ron has in the past. You becoming a mod who now has power to ban someone you previously insulted just doesn't sit well with some forum member here.

Going back and searching for those times is not worth it .

It seams you want Ron banned so why not just tell Kal to do it.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Duderino wrote:
The last several posts should be moved to the argument/bicker forum. Oh, wait, where did that go? Mr. Green

Somebody call a moderator... Oh wait....

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Hog there has been many times you went off on others in same fashion Ron has in the past. You becoming a mod who now has power to ban someone you previously insulted just doesn't sit well with some forum member here.

Nashou

The rules have been made painfully clear. Ron chose to continue to ignore them, partially with your help in the "insult eachother" thread that I nuked.

If you want to volunteer to tally up who has slighted who since the inception of the forum and hand out bans based on that, please throw your name in the ring.

SC
ronholm

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Nashou

The rules have been made painfully clear. Ron chose to continue to ignore them, partially with your help in the "insult eachother" thread that I nuked.

If you want to volunteer to tally up who has slighted who since the inception of the forum and hand out bans based on that, please throw your name in the ring.

Yeah... The whole community thanks you for saving them from a thread of monty phyton quotes.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:

I think Hog is just trying to make a point. If the OT forum wants behavior moderation and PC police...
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be a mod, then I would really have to behave !!

Or maybe not....Hmmmmm

I think Ron would make a better Mod than I. I can not formulate arguments well and my spelling is horrible. I remember you and others mocking me about that many times.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

Last edited by Nashou66 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods? The OT forum don't need no stinkin' mods! Mr. Green

Last edited by El Duderino on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a meat popsicle .

Very Happy

nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

El Duderino

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I am a meat popsicle

Is insulting yourself allowed? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: