Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Reserved for Norwegians.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stridsvognen
Guest







PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Reserved for Norwegians. Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Thread meaningless..


Last edited by stridsvognen on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC X500-700-900 calibration. Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Im curious about these new models, and how they perform with calibration, with the internal CMS, and what effect the DI have on calibration measurements.

Please share some calibration files Thumbs Up


You are a funny guy stridsvognen!

Why would any digital idiot (like you called me in another tread) post something here to a guy that is so hostile to anything digital.

But as I am an honest guy I will post the calibration report of my X500. I dont have the reports (did not get it) when we tested the DI, but it is as I told you earlier, trust me or not is up to you. I will try to get it the next time I get it calibrated as I will probarbly do it soon as I am buying a new screen.



JVC X500.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.35 KB
 Viewed:  5710 Time(s)

JVC X500.jpeg



_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC X500-700-900 calibration. Reply with quote

And with Didderns permition I put out his report also, yes I have his report.Wink

Since my sceen is not complete D65 neutral (Adeo has a red push) and Diddern is more neutral (dnp Supernova)mine looks a bit worse in the report due to that, the final result is very good on both.



Didrik X500.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.83 KB
 Viewed:  5694 Time(s)

Didrik X500.jpeg



_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Diddern



Joined: 02 Jun 2013
Posts: 821
Location: Norway


PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here of my first X500, only calibrated with the internal cms, I changed it after 250 hours for a better sample.





Back to top
HogPilot



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 2383


TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD


PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you "calibrate" it by eye and post those result? I read somewhere on here that that's a viable method Twisted Evil
_________________
ecrabb wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Interesting, Mac isn't returning my emails. Go figure.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC
Back to top
Diddern



Joined: 02 Jun 2013
Posts: 821
Location: Norway


PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HogPilot wrote:
Can you "calibrate" it by eye and post those result? I read somewhere on here that that's a viable method Twisted Evil


Smile
Back to top
Diddern



Joined: 02 Jun 2013
Posts: 821
Location: Norway


PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MR STRIDSVOGNEN CAN YOU POST YOUR EYE CALIBRATED REPORT ON YOUR CRT OR ON YOUR HATED JVC I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT. LOL

I BORROW THIS HOGPILOT : There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Smile
Back to top
stridsvognen
Guest







PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:
MR STRIDSVOGNEN CAN YOU POST YOUR EYE CALIBRATED REPORT ON YOUR CRT OR ON YOUR HATED JVC I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT. LOL

I BORROW THIS HOGPILOT : There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Smile


Read back on the forum, and summ up what was written about calibrating by eye.

The hole point in a fast by eye calibration is when playing / modding, or setting up a CRT to get a fast look at how things work, so you dont need to dig out the meter and spend time measuring.

Its been stated a few times by me that calibrating a Digital projector by eye is almost impossible as there is no logic to the gamma curve, opposit to the CRT gamma response. and most need to be set for each 5 or 10%. Also the primary and secondary colors mostly needs adjustment. Witch is fixed on a CRT, and cant be adjusted.

So your continued rambling about eye calibration wont get you anywhere.

But as seen in just about every thread your active in on this forum your just here to promote your hate to CRT, and the people using them.


So you can calibrate gamma/grayscale and primary colors by eye because of the extreme linearity of CRT? And it has never been mentioned that this is just a fast calibration when playing/modding, and I wonder how do you play with your CRT??

What is your reference when doing these by eye calibration for playing/modding?

And from where do you draw the conclution that Diddern hate all CRT users?? Rolling Eyes

_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
stridsvognen
Guest







PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit..

Last edited by stridsvognen on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Diddern wrote:
MR STRIDSVOGNEN CAN YOU POST YOUR EYE CALIBRATED REPORT ON YOUR CRT OR ON YOUR HATED JVC I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT. LOL

I BORROW THIS HOGPILOT : There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Smile


Read back on the forum, and summ up what was written about calibrating by eye.

The hole point in a fast by eye calibration is when playing / modding, or setting up a CRT to get a fast look at how things work, so you dont need to dig out the meter and spend time measuring.

Its been stated a few times by me that calibrating a Digital projector by eye is almost impossible as there is no logic to the gamma curve, opposit to the CRT gamma response. and most need to be set for each 5 or 10%. Also the primary and secondary colors mostly needs adjustment. Witch is fixed on a CRT, and cant be adjusted.

So your continued rambling about eye calibration wont get you anywhere.

But as seen in just about every thread your active in on this forum your just here to promote your hate to CRT, and the people using them.


So you can calibrate gamma/grayscale and primary colors by eye because of the extreme linearity of CRT? And it has never been mentioned that this is just a fast calibration when playing/modding, and I wonder how do you play with your CRT??

What is your reference when doing these by eye calibration for playing/modding?

And from where do you draw the conclution that Diddern hate all CRT users?? Rolling Eyes


Is this a CRT VS digital thread.? Or a CRT by eye calibration thread, If you are in doubt, try ask the thread starter.

LOL haha haha haha lol haha


I just followed up on your last post, but what can I expect from you. If you answered any questions I would be very surprised.Wink

I actually put out some calibration reports her like you asked, but you donīt seem to care about that as you probarbly think they are fake or maby even worse digital.

_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:



Go smell the morning coffe.. ha ha ha

And thats the fact..


You have not provided any fact what so ever in this tread or the Geisemann vs VW1000 tread, and when we ask for it you only ask us to search it up. I provided you with some calibration facts/reports here, but you donīt seem to care.

And please grow uo stridsvognen. Rolling Eyes

_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so mature stridsvognen.
_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Mr Jaeger



Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 41



PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: JVC X500-700-900 calibration. Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Im curious about these new models, and how they perform with calibration, with the internal CMS, and what effect the DI have on calibration measurements.

Please share some calibration files Thumbs Up


You are a funny guy stridsvognen!

Why would any digital idiot (like you called me in another tread) post something here to a guy that is so hostile to anything digital.

But as I am an honest guy I will post the calibration report of my X500. I dont have the reports (did not get it) when we tested the DI, but it is as I told you earlier, trust me or not is up to you. I will try to get it the next time I get it calibrated as I will probarbly do it soon as I am buying a new screen.





Will it be better with eecolour than lumagen?
Back to top
Andreas21



Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 582



PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC X500-700-900 calibration. Reply with quote

Mr Jaeger wrote:
Andreas21 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Im curious about these new models, and how they perform with calibration, with the internal CMS, and what effect the DI have on calibration measurements.

Please share some calibration files Thumbs Up


You are a funny guy stridsvognen!

Why would any digital idiot (like you called me in another tread) post something here to a guy that is so hostile to anything digital.

But as I am an honest guy I will post the calibration report of my X500. I dont have the reports (did not get it) when we tested the DI, but it is as I told you earlier, trust me or not is up to you. I will try to get it the next time I get it calibrated as I will probarbly do it soon as I am buying a new screen.





Will it be better with eecolour than lumagen?


Yes it will because the CMS in the eeColor is much better and the Lumagen Radience has problems with chroma resolution and colors near black.

_________________
http://www.minhembio.com/21Andreas
Back to top
Mr Jaeger



Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 41



PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: JVC X500-700-900 calibration. Reply with quote

Andreas21 wrote:



Will it be better with eecolour than lumagen?


Yes it will because the CMS in the eeColor is much better and the Lumagen Radience has problems with chroma resolution and colors near black.[/quote]

Thank U
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum