Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Help with Moome IFB-FullHD V3 card in a Sony VPH-D50HTU MkII

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPV

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Help with Moome IFB-FullHD V3 card in a Sony VPH-D50HTU MkII Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Guys!
I have been away for a while, but today, I actually need some help and was hoping someone might have the insight.

Last year I bought the IFB-FULLHD V3 card and installed it in Input B of my Sony VPH-D50HTU MkII projector. I wanted the HDMI connection to use with a BluRay player and also with AppleTV.

When I installed the card, I was never able to test it. I got very busy and haven't used the theater in a long time. Yesterday, I was trying to use it and I could not get Input B (IFB-FullHD V3) to work.

This is my setup….
    1. Sony VPH-D50HTU MkII with wired full-size remote
    2. Input A: Factory card with component (RGBHV) BNC connectors
    3. Input B: IFB-FullHD V3 card with HDMI cable
    4. Sony BluRay player connected to Input A via Component (RGB) Video connection. BluRay DVD’s play properly, however, regular DVD’s flash on and off.
    5. AppleTV OR Same Sony BluRay connected to Input B via HDMI cable (My intent is to swap the cable depending whether I use the DVD player or AppleTV)

When I change the Sony BluRay player to HDMI output and switch the VPH-D50HTU MkII from Input A to Input B, the display says “No Input”.

So, my question is....what am I doing wrong that the HDMI connection doesn’t work?

I could really use some help. If anyone has any ideas, please share your insight.

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Proceed Preamp
AVI Amp
Martin Logan Speakers
Sunfire Signature Subwoofers

SECONDARY THEATER:
LG BD370 Blu-Ray Player
Sony VPL-VW10HT LCD projector
Sony STR-DN1000 AV Receiver
Martin Logan Speakers
KPV

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so, I was playing with a few settings in the service menu and I got it working for the BluRay HDMI connection. Looks great!

..............BUT................

When I connect to the Apple TV it displays an error message that says..

Frequency is out of range!
This input signal cannot be projected as the frequency is out of range!

Any thoughts??

Proceed Preamp
AVI Amp
Martin Logan Speakers

SECONDARY THEATER:
LG BD370 Blu-Ray Player
Martin Logan Speakers
KPV

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot of the message...

IMG_2718_small.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.72 KB
 Viewed:  8045 Time(s)

IMG_2718_small.jpg

Proceed Preamp
AVI Amp
Martin Logan Speakers

SECONDARY THEATER:
LG BD370 Blu-Ray Player
Martin Logan Speakers
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Help with Moome IFB-FullHD V3 card in a Sony VPH-D50HTU Reply with quote

KPV wrote:
Hi Guys!

4. Sony BluRay player connected to Input A via Component (RGB) Video connection. BluRay DVD’s play properly, however, regular DVD’s flash on and off.
5. AppleTV OR Same Sony BluRay connected to Input B via HDMI cable (My intent is to swap the cable depending whether I use the DVD player or AppleTV)[/list]

When I change the Sony BluRay player to HDMI output and switch the VPH-D50HTU MkII from Input A to Input B, the display says “No Input”.

Ken

4. Turn of 24fps in the bluray player

5. The apple TV is probably seeing the edid in the Moome ( the chip with the resolution/refresh info) and setting itself to 1080p which is too much for the projector.

See if you can switch the Apple to 720P instead

And try the bluray at 1080i

CRT.

HD done right!

Last edited by AnalogRocks on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken - you emailed us as well. In case you didn't see the responses, here they are:

Quote:
Sent: March 19, 2015 4:18 PM
Subject: RE: IFB-FULLHD V3 Question

Hi Kenneth,

To add to what Moome mentioned: His card supports any resolution up to 1080p. Your projector however does not.
Most Blu-ray player and other sources by default will try to automatically detect what the display can support so in this case it sees the display as 1008p / 24 Hz capable since the card supports this.

You need to set your sources to a lower resolution (720p or 1080i) and disable 24Hz too (choose 60Hz). For complete details refer to your Blu-ray player or other source manuals.

Kal
CurtPalme.com Home Theater

Sent: March 19, 2015 2:15 AM
Subject: RE: IFB-FULLHD V3 Question

Dear Kenneth:
Please make sure :
1. Set input B as RGB input mode
2. the resolution of bluray player and AppleTV are set to 720P 60Hz or 1080i 60HZ, D50 can not handle 1080P due to bandwidth limit.
thanks

Jeremy's exactly right: Your projector doesn't support 1080p or 24Hz (no CRT projector supports 24Hz). You need to set your source to a resolution/refresh rate supported by the projector.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
KPV

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help. I changed the output frequency in both Apple TV and the DVD player. That solved it. Thank you very much for the help.

I do have another UNRELATED question. But, I figured since I have a somewhat captive audience, I may as well ask. I watched Interstellar via AppleTV and the bass was very underwhelming. I am running two Sunfire Signature subwoofers and they usually rattle the house with nearly all other material. However, that was not the case with Interstellar. The irony is that Interstellar has some of the lowest, taxing, bass in any film to date. With Hans Zimmer's organ music, i was expecting something better. I will be buying the DVD as well next week and hope that is better. But, in the meantime, anybody have any thoughts on this?

Proceed Preamp
AVI Amp
Martin Logan Speakers

SECONDARY THEATER:
LG BD370 Blu-Ray Player
Martin Logan Speakers
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: