Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 808 graphics green gun issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMC

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Barco 808 graphics green gun issue Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi there new to the crt projectors.I was using my barco 808 graphics at 720p and green gun sparked close to the lense and all guns turned off .Now the unit turns on but the guns will not is it scrap or worth fixing?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which exact model of 808 is it? Graphics or Data, 808 or 808s?
USMC

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi it is the Barco 808 graphics model thanks.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, over top of each CRT socket, there's a silver module, surrounded by an aluminum frame, bolted to the chassis with two screws. All three over each tube are identical. take the red one out, and install it on the green tube. Leave the green one off, leaving the red tube disconnected. See if the green works then. If so, I have spares.
USMC

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Barco 808 graphics green gun issue Reply with quote

Hi thanks I took the two screws off and looked and we'll this does not look good the glass over the glycol is cracked
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, yeah, you need a new green tube as well. Do you want to put any money into the set? A good used tube will run $150-200. you may not need the video board, but I'm surprised with a cracked tube that the R and B tubes are lighting up.
USMC

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will just use the viewsonic 9000 does a cine 9 produce a better picture than a viewsonic 9000 just curious.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything produces a better picture than a Viewsonic! Smile Traditionally Viewsonic is low end junk, but I have no idea about that one. Read that bazillion long page thread about digital vs CRT:

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34685&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I still prefer CRT, your opinion may vary. I sure wouldn't hold any longevity expectations on the Viewsonic if past experience dictates what they bring to market.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, if you scrap the 808, I'd take a couple of parts of it for a few $$.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewsonic to my knowledge doesn't actually manufacture projectors, they just buy projectors from other brands such as Hitachi and label them their own. I've noticed Hitachi, InFocus, and Vivitek brands being sold as ViewSonic projectors so I would stay away from them. They really aren't anything special either, good, but that's where it ends.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a viewsonic 9000 is native 1080p led /laser first of its kind light source with a 100,000 to 1 contrast ratio look it up.Its their flagship model anyway I have boxes of extra parts incLudington another set of tubes I just don't want to mess with it again and truth be told I love crt had 2 xbr800 for years running hd and a sony d50q I have read your info just curious
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEs, I did look it up. I think Jeremy is right, Viewsonic just rebadges OEM stuff. All I know is that I've had dozens of their TVs in, and for the most part they are pretty low end. The specs on the projector look impressive for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: