Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Ampro 3600 of course errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
55 is registration on/off.
Will 4 and test lock to the frequency of the source?
The help should do that too.
I'll try again tomorrow.
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 TEST is genlock, yes.
Also, validate at end of adjustments. Help is suppose to do it automatically but I would do the 24 code also.
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not an AmPro expert (not even an amateur). I just happen to remember that a jittery picture and distortions at the top can be the result of a problem with the sync signal (in this case the H-sync) from the source. This would explain why the internal test signal (with an internally generated sync) lokks OK and only the source picture is off. Check the polarity of the sync signals and try a reversed polarity for the H-sync (if that's adjustable at the source)...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's more,

if i connect the source and do a genlocked testpattern, i get horizontal jitter on certain lines.
if i adjust phasing the jitter shifts on a vertical plane.

how do i reverse sync polarity if i am using a pc with a rgbhv cable?
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luuk neele wrote:
how do i reverse sync polarity if i am using a pc with a rgbhv cable?

For this You will have to check the graphics card settings. Depending on Your card and the graphics card driver, You will find such settings under "Advanced Settings" or similar.
For my NVIDIA card I can create user-defined resolutions using the NVIDIA Control Panel and there I can select the sync polarity too.
A lot of people also use a tool called PowerStrip for controlling the video output. You can find it here: http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm
Nowadays it costs $29.95 but I've heard that some older (and still usable) versions are available for free...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill download powerstrip Smile
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure your graphics chip is supported, can be found on the ps site.
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ampro internal test patterns did sometimes have stability problems. Does an active image have any jitter?
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant notice that, but the image (windows desktop) looks like crap if i set the pc resolution to 1080 and feed it to the projector, however if i switch back to the help screen which genlocks the input signal, its sharp as f*ck. back to desktop and everything looks like crap again. is there a factory reset option?
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the code chart for a channel "null". That resets all parameters. If you are using your PC as a source just send a grid pattern from that to do all your adjustments. It is more accurate anyways.

Still, it should not change that much so there seems to be something missing in your final setup procedure. Did you try "validate"?

Are are switching between your desktop and "4 test" correct?
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, just a suggestion. Setting a projector up at 1080p can be very difficult for beginners. You really should start at a lower resolution first and get the hang of it and also to get some of the critical adjustments more precise. I am assuming you mean 1080p and not 1080i, correct?
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a pc VGA always outputs 1080 progressive, it does not output interlaced via VGA port by itself.
i can try to set the resolution to 720p for easier setup.

what do you suggest to use for sending a grid pattern from the pc? any tips?
which validate option do you mean? i have not come accross one.
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luuk neele wrote:
yes, a pc VGA always outputs 1080 progressive, it does not output interlaced via VGA port by itself.

This is incorrect. It can easily output 1080i but depends on your graphics cards availability of that setting based on the connected device acknowledgement.
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate to be stubborn, but the VGA standard does not produce interlaced video output.
there are very little (if any) vga cards which will output interlaced video.
This does not make your statement invalid, just less likely.

any suggestions on what i should use to generate patterns on the pc?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luuk neele wrote:

I don't know how you've gotten this idea, but it's completely false. I ran 1080i on a VGA card for years before I went to a G70 that would handle 1080p.

Luuk neele wrote:
i hate to be stubborn, but the VGA standard does not produce interlaced video output.

You can be stubbornly wrong if you like, then. You're apparently confusing two different things. Nobody here has used the "VGA standard" for more than a decade. The "VGA standard" was succeed by SVGA, XGA, SXGA, HD, etc. The only thing "VGA" any of us use today is the VGA connector, which has nothing at all whatsoever to do with an obsolete video card spec from 20 years ago.

Luuk neele wrote:
there are very little (if any) vga cards which will output interlaced video.

I don't know where you get this idea, but it's completely and utterly incorrect. Most any modern video card will still output an interlaced resolution, regardless of the connector. Even my brand new MacBook or any modern PC will still output 1080i if the display's EDID tells it to, or in the absence of EDID (or to override it), you can force it to 1080i or some other interlaced resolution with the correct software.

Luuk neele wrote:
any suggestions on what i should use to generate patterns on the pc?

I'm not a Windows guy, but somebody here should have a recommendation of ATI vs. Nvidia. Some cards are friendly with Powerstrip and interlaced resolutions, and some aren't. The video card you're using now may already support it.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected then. AFAIK there's no way to force Windows to send an interlaced signal over the vga. At least I haven't found it.
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luuk neele wrote:
I stand corrected then. AFAIK there's no way to force Windows to send an interlaced signal over the vga. At least I haven't found it.

I use 1080i all time over VGA when testing repaired CRT projectors using various PC's. You just have to figure out what your graphics card needs to do to access it.

You have to make sure you select "list all modes" in the graphics adapter. But it can still sometimes depend if that is enough based on the make of card.

As for a grid pattern, just google test patterns and select images and choose one that fills your screen.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little Nokia app is pretty handy from memory, and there are several others like it. Just google "Nokia Test Pattern Generator"

Nokia and a couple of others are nice because they work at whatever resolution your display is set to, interlaced or not.

The problem with test pattern images (and I'm a big fan of test pattern images) is they should be just the right size for your display, or you'll be scaling, which then defeats some or all of the value of the test pattern. You can use google image search and set an exact pixel resolution and probably find what you need.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Nokia one a lot plus I have a couple others.

If you cannot find any Luuk I will look at what I have later. I am on my way out right now.
Luuk neele

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im about to give up, is there no end to when it will work? right now all i am getting is crooked output, the left part of the screen has wraparound, the right also a little, i cannot converge the left part of the screen, the left top is crooked further its bowed inward from the left side of the screen and i cannot get rid of it with settings, you guessed it, i have absolutely NO idea what im doing or what im doing wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: