Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome card for your Turntable

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Moome card for your Turntable Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
well not really, but this product reminded me of the Moome card and who knows, maybe these guys know each other. I mean there's only 2 Billion people in China, they might even be neighbors Laughing

This is my review of the Little Bear tubed Phono pre-amp from China. All tin-eared CD listeners need go no further, this thread is not for you , Wink

A buddy Of mine bought this and shipped it to me cuz I'm the worlds biggest skeptic and wasn't willing to try it. It's a fully tube valved phono pre-amp. Uses one 6Z4 tube on the power supply side? , and three 12AX7 on the audio side (maybe) . Not 100% sure, haven't really looked at the circuit. It came as a pseudo kit, you basically assembly the acrylic box around the PCB,hook up the DC power leads from the Transformer, and push the tubes into their sockets. My 12 year old son actually put it together.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much, I helped a guy build a US sourced kit many years ago called Haggerman Coronet and that was $120. for the PCB/instructions, $125. for the sheet-metal box, and about $400. in parts and vacuum tubes. I machined the box for free but it was still a $700. phono pre-amp.

So for $155. delivered from China for a complete phon-pre, I wasn't expecting much, if anything. I was wrong. This is a really nice sounding unit, it blew away my " made in the USA Bellari" pre-amp hands down. The highs are more extended, actually sounds louder, but is also smoother at the same time. Bass is hugely improved, with more extension but also near perfect delineation between Bass Guitar, bass drum, and other low frequencies like key-boards and such.
Last and most of all, even though my Bellari had a single tube in it, and I've had a fully tubed integrated amp before, this was the first time a component delivered what audiophiles describe as a "liquid mid-range" to my 2-channel system. The mid-range is really smooth, like Nutella spread over warm bakery bread, really sweet on the ears. I haven't even burned in the tubes yet so I expect it will just get better. If your running a cheap little metal box from Project, Music Hall, sumiko, Bellari and the like, do yourself a favor and grab this for $155., it's a no-brainer. Thumbs Up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301312034227?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

View user's photo album (2 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!

I wonder how it sounds compared to the Phono input on my HH Scott 299C Tube integrated amp.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know, but traditionally built-in phono--pre's have typically run the " pretty bad to OK" range. The Bellari was a considered a "good" unit and for the money was voted by stereophile as " budget equipment of the year" many years ago. I know it was a little better than built in unit on my Denon 3805.
For 150 bucks it's too cheap to pass-up, you'll get that much fun out of it and can re-sell it easily enough.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they sold just the PC board.

Maybe I can ask.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
jask

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
I wish they sold just the PC board.

Maybe I can ask.

Nashou

me too! let me know what you find out.
View user's photo album (4 photos)
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really interesting, but no MC support so I'm out. I wonder how it sounds compared to my solid state Acurus P10.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats I just checked the link and it shows it as being sold out

I have been wanting to get into records as I have just about every format there is(I do have some records but no turn table bummer)

I will be getting one as that's cheap for sure(when it's back in stock)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Audio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: