Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Clarence's new HT built in 2 weeks for Super Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Warranty card says "Box the product carefully, preferably in the original carton and ship to the nearest JVC authorized service center. Service locations can be obtained from our website at http://www.jvc.com"

jvc.com -> Support says "DILA projectors are repaired at Mendtronix\92s, Inc.(also known, as Projector Doctor). Please register at HD Projector Repair Request and print out a copy of the form and include it with your projector."

I'll let you know how it goes.

At least Mendtronix gets decent reviews:
http://www.projectorcentral.com/dealer_ratings.cfm?dealer_id=7337

Quote:
Thank you, Clarence!
Your case number is xxxxxx
You will receive an email confirmation from your dedicated Account Manager, Monique Kuh shortly. Should you have any questions or would need any additional assistance, feel free to reach out to her directly at (858) 726-0200 ext 244.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping Instructions
Please ship your JVCDLA-RS56U to the location below:

Mendtronix, Pittsburgh
55 Bayhill Drive, Suite A
Latrobe, PA 15650

You are shipping from: Virginia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important:
1. Clearly mark your case number on the box.
2. Remove any mounting brackets. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for any loss or damage to mounting brackets.
3. Move adjustable feet to the closed position.
4. Remove non-standard lens (do NOT ship a non-standard lens). Retract zoom lens.
5. Include the standard lens and the lamp, but please DO NOT send in cables or remote controls. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for any lost cables, remotes or soft cases.
6. Ensure the packaging material and carton selected is sufficient. Most parcels experience a fair amount of wear. Select a container large enough to accommodate your shipment and the necessary cushioning/packaging material. Choose cushioning that will completely fill the spaces in your shipping box. We recommend using solid foam, bubble wrap or Styrofoam packaging peanuts (2 to 3 inches of packing material around units that weigh under 10 lbs, 4 to 5 inches around larger/heavier units). Solid foam provides the greatest degree of protection for larger valuables. All of the major shipping companies are automated;both machines and people will handle the carton.
7. If you ship your projector to us in a hard case, we will ship it back to you in the case. Do not ship a projector in a case that is unsuitable for protecting your projector during transportation.
8. Please be advised that your projector, once repaired, will be shipped back in a brand new plain brown box or in a custom hard case if provided. We do this for the safety of your property. Re-using cardboard boxes is an issue as the integrity of the package is compromised after it has been shipped twice.
9. You have the option to insure your projector. Please make inquiries with your carrier for rates. You will also have the option to insure your projector on its way back to you (out of warranty service only). The insurance rates will be provided in the repair estimate sent to you once the unit has been evaluated.
10. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for mounting brackets, accessories or soft cases sent in with a projector. Per our shipping instructions, those items should NOT be sent in.
11. Freight claim responsibility and insurance liability responsibility both belong to the customer
12. Warranty Service Only: In some instances, we may be required by the Manufacturer to provide a proof of purchase to validate your warranty. If you are asked to do so, please do not forget to include your proof of purchase in the shipping box, if you have not already faxed it to us at 858-602-1042. All faxed correspondence need to have your case number marked as a reference. Projectors received without proof of purchase will be treated as an out of warranty repair and subject to a standard evaluation fee. Please be advised that the customer is responsible for all inbound shipping. Most manufacturers, except 3M and Toshiba, will cover the cost of the return Freight (FedEx Ground).

Your package and projector will be inspected upon receipt. Any damage will be documented and you will be notified. The packaging and carton will be retained for 3 business days. Should you decide to submit a damage claim to the carrier, Mendtronix, Inc. must be notified within those 3 days or the packaging and carton will be discarded.

Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage that occurs during transportation.
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I shipped it to them last Friday and today I received the return tracking number and an invoice for $0.

1 JVC Major Labor 0.00
1 NAL0107-002 DD SUB PWB ASSY 0.00
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news so far. I guess the real question is this an aberration or common with JVC ebay.
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the projector back last night. In the same boxes that I sent it in. Which is fine by me because they were the original heavy-duty JVC shipping boxes.

Quote:
Please be advised that your projector, once repaired, will be shipped back in a brand new plain brown box or in a custom hard case if provided. We do this for the safety of your property. Re-using cardboard boxes is an issue as the integrity of the package is compromised after it has been shipped twice.

There is now a 3" scratch in the top cover. More than a minor scratch. I don't usually care about scratches, but this one is bad enough that I would have to disclose it and photograph it upon resale.

There is now a new sticker over one of the case screws that says "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED". Does JVC mandate this or does Mendtronix get to redefine the terms of my original JVC 2 year warranty?

It cost me $71 to ship and insure it. JVC paid return shipping/insurance.

Works fine again.

Overall, I'm definitely glad I had the 2 year warranty. I don't even have a guess at how much a "SUB PWB ASSY" and "major labor" would've cost me without the warranty.

I used my Epson 1080P LCD while the JVC was gone. Good to have it as a backup, but I missed the JVC's black levels and I'm glad to have it back. I was going to sell the Epson, but I think it's worth more to me as a spare for the next 2 years.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and bad to hear. Glad it is back working, but it sucks about the scratch.

Yeah, I think in the digital world it is good to have a spare. I have a Marantz VP15 with spare bulb and I just bought a RS25. One will probably be my long term spare. Cost wise the JVC would be better as I have a lot less into it, but the Marantz has a better chance of having fewer issues in the long run.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarence wrote:
There is now a 3" scratch in the top cover. More than a minor scratch. I don't usually care about scratches, but this one is bad enough that I would have to disclose it and photograph it upon resale.

Are you sure you got the same unit back? They may have simply swapped it with another? If it'll be an issue at resale, I'd definitely contact them about it.

Glad it's working again however!

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
If it'll be an issue at resale, I'd definitely contact them about it.

Glad it's working again however!

Ditto to both.

Whether it's the same machine or not, they owe you a machine that's in the same condition as the one you sent. I'd reach out to JVC and ask them to send you a replacement cover, and I'd ask them to give you an email with permission to break the warranty seal so you can replace the cover yourself. Clearly, asking you to go another two weeks without your projector to send it back (to the same place that damaged it in the first place) wouldn't be acceptable.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
If it'll be an issue at resale, I'd definitely contact them about it.

ecrabb wrote:
...they owe you a machine that's in the same condition as the one you sent. I'd reach out to JVC and ask them to send you a replacement cover

Here's a quick cell phone pic:

I'll send it to JVC and Mendtronix and see what they say.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it got slid on the bench. Nasty. That's why I always hated having to take stuff in for warranty repair. Seems like it's never the same after it comes back.

I don't know why technicians can't keep their benches clean and use a soft surface to keep stuff like that from happening. It's just totally unacceptable in my opinion.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
paw

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try some auto polishing compound or even toothpaste .
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a gouge not a scratch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: