Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

low budget crt topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: low budget crt topic Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Were are the people who have "7" projectors and willing to share there pictures and info? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My pictures will follow Exclamation

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/dudeallday/SavedPicture_zpsfe43e0d9.jpg~original

my setup is as low budget as you can get:

-laptop for free
-diy screen
-home made table for my barco to sit in
-a cabnet from the dump
-a scaler second hand
-a pvr for free
-cables for free
-only my boxes and stereo and barco cost me 300,- euro's second hand

i use all of it with my htpc setup using a media player simmiler to wmc (windows media centre)
it's called xbmc kodi without going technical it;s mostly used for torrent bluray files that is compressed from a bluray iso
it's the best with my '7' projector because it;s able to resolve the smaller files with a vga connection

free movie's free stuff how budget can you get Thumbs Up

Last edited by barcodude on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple Siny VPH1001-QMs theyre great Wink

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
I have a couple Siny VPH1001-QMs theyre great Wink

Are they "Sin"full projectors Case? Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah mate, lightning everywhere in one of them!!

That was post op posting Wink

Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is great that you have collected an almost zero dollar HT system. The reason no one posts about the 7" pjs much is that a lot of guys have upgraded. You may be on a budget, but when one can purchase a G70 or XG for less than $300 then it is almost a no brainer for most CRT enthusiasts. Also, these pjs have been gone over like a fine tooth comb in the preceding two decades. Almost anything you want to know is a search away.

As for your comment about free movies, I must say I draw the line on torrenting movies. I will admit to torrenting some TV shows, but never movies or anything off of the pay networks like HBO.
cosaw

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar budget to mine. I'm in Nottingham in the UK. I consider CRTing pretty much absolutely dead in the UK. I have a 7" machine and will keep using it till I get my 808 working when I have the inclination and luck. So I'm still with DVD unfortunately - I buy them all secondhand through ebay or amazon. Haven't got any current pictures. Got some stuff on the internet from about 8 or 9 years ago but I'd have to look it up and they're only small pictures and you'd have to join another forum. Probably been all taken down now anyway. I did quite a cool animated gif of my pj being hoisted to ceiling level.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
It is great that you have collected an almost zero dollar HT system. The reason no one posts about the 7" pjs much is that a lot of guys have upgraded. You may be on a budget, but when one can purchase a G70 or XG for less than $300 then it is almost a no brainer for most CRT enthusiasts. Also, these pjs have been gone over like a fine tooth comb in the preceding two decades. Almost anything you want to know is a search away.

As for your comment about free movies, I must say I draw the line on torrenting movies. I will admit to torrenting some TV shows, but never movies or anything off of the pay networks like HBO.

Thats not strictly true i reckon... A hell of alot of it has to do with the fact theyre so bullet proof reliable... It takes a hell of an effort to kill a Sony VPH10XX-Q/QM. There is almost nothing in there to go wrong, and since theyre almost all 15.7kHz only you dont have to worry about clowns trying everything they can to get 1920x1080p into them... Even when we tell them its too much for the set.

The second part... Hmmm... Buy the TV shows... Theyre not that bloody expensive and its not like you cant afford it. Downloading is there when a suitable copy is not able to be purchased.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosaw wrote:
Similar budget to mine. I'm in Nottingham in the UK. I consider CRTing pretty much absolutely dead in the UK. I have a 7" machine and will keep using it till I get my 808 working when I have the inclination and luck. So I'm still with DVD unfortunately - I buy them all secondhand through ebay or amazon. Haven't got any current pictures. Got some stuff on the internet from about 8 or 9 years ago but I'd have to look it up and they're only small pictures and you'd have to join another forum. Probably been all taken down now anyway. I did quite a cool animated gif of my pj being hoisted to ceiling level.

I thought you were running a 9PG? Thats an 8"er.... And id take one over any 808 any day!!

barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know guys its a crime to download but the only way to get a better picture than dvd sorry folks in hollywood Embarassed
But i agree that when i upgrate my 701mm to a 1080p pj i will het a decent bluray setup Cool
And my setup is a freebie to begin with and wow what a picture what doesn't know doesn't kill

Last edited by barcodude on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F*** the greedy folks in holywood, its not about them, they get their money regardless. Its the little people in between that miss out, and theyre the ones that hurt.

cosaw

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought you were running a 9PG? Thats an 8"er.... And id take one over any 808 any day!!

No I haven't had the pleasure. Still having fun with the Data 500 until I resurrect this 808. Most of you guys probably think I need my head looking at and should move onto something else. Like I say, you tend to have to make do in the UK. Everything is expensive - people have small homes etc., for the average Joe that is. Can't remember the last time I came across an NEC anywhere in the UK. Barco's tend to be most available and than Sony's. I can't do heavy lifting anymore but I know I can strip a Barco down. Even an 808 empty chassi is too heavy for me though, these days - it gets me down. Otherwise I might be on the lookout for a 9" machine but they'll be as rare as hen's teeth anyway.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
F*** the greedy folks in holywood, its not about them, they get their money regardless. Its the little people in between that miss out, and theyre the ones that hurt.

I'll add an interesting story to this. Here in Hungary we speak hungarian (Smile), and this is a one of a kind language, practically no other language is similar to it, there are only 12-15 Million active speakers. Now, most people here don't speak well english, so most of the movies got dubbed therefore. The funny thing is that there are only very few bluray releases here even from the latest titles that are dubbed, but all the movies are released on DVD instead (all of them dubbed). On torrent sites you can find a lot of HD movies dubbed to hungarian which were never released on bluray here... (Enthusiasts putting the DVD's audiotrack on BluRay rips)

View user's photo album (1 photos)
barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't a guy get a good picture? Crying or Very sad
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barcodude wrote:
Can't a guy get a good picture? Crying or Very sad

From a Barco?? Possibly... But an NEC will blow it away.

barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only i live in Holland (Netherlands) only barco's and sony's i will enjoy my picture 6000 hours to go Cool
Barco's rule!!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They rule what?? HV failure rates? Laughing Laughing

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE about the free movie stuff. I decided to watch my movies free but call it previewing. At the end of a year I buy the original blu ray copies of the best movies and watch them again. That way I have a nice collection and the blu rays are a bit less expensive.

I have seriously started this and bought an Oppo mainly for this reason. I must say that in comparence to mkv a blu ray on a dedicated oppo has more advantages like the audio and a lot of detail.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They rule what?? HV failure rates?

Why are you laughing? They do rule that. It makes them easy to fault find. Wink

It'll be a category on: CRT Projection Top Trumps! There will be all out war on this forum when that version of the game is released! Laughing

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosaw wrote:
Quote:
They rule what?? HV failure rates?

Why are you laughing? They do rule that. It makes them easy to fault find. Wink

It'll be a category on: CRT Projection Top Trumps! There will be all out war on this forum when that version of the game is released! Laughing

Hahaha!! I doubt it Wink NEC will always remain the finest CRT projectors around.

barcodude

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that It has nothing to do with who has got the biggist balls . i enjoy the sport of being smart with budget shopping and making
Your world a Nice place to be in. I love movie's and the technical stuff thats why i starter this thread Rolling Eyes
By the way belgum dudes know their stuff Razz

http://www.barco.com/en/products/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: