Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

G70 video bandwidth
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
THS3201 goes up to +/- 7,5V (additional regulator required) but it has 1,8GHz bandwidth at unity gain.
THS3001 stands +/-15V and has 420MHz BW at unity gain

View user's photo album (1 photos)
koldby

TV/Projector: GJAKY modded VDC marquee 9500lc ultra

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know.A lot of opamps have great bandwith and could be used with PS regulation, but if the Sony requires higher swing out , it dosent work.

Uups didnīt see the last line. I will check that out. Thanks
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koldby wrote:
but if the Sony requires higher swing out , it dosent work.

Then why not calculate, the tube is quite open at 150V G1-K voltage, so that is the goal, the VPA15H has a gain of 15, the VPH06 has a gain of 29. If both swing 75V the input voltage is still 5,5V for the VPA15H, so even a +/-7,5V opamp would drive the ciruit.

dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koldby wrote:
One more thing.
I have not been able to find current feedback op-amps with 300+ Mhz BW AND +/- 12 V ps..? (substitute for el2160)

el5166

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvh99 wrote:
koldby wrote:
One more thing.
I have not been able to find current feedback op-amps with 300+ Mhz BW AND +/- 12 V ps..? (substitute for el2160)

el5166

Yeppers!!!

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
dvh99 wrote:
koldby wrote:
One more thing.

el5166

Yeppers!!!

Nashou

Nope...

el5166.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.72 KB
 Viewed:  4418 Time(s)

el5166.png

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its is easy enough to reduce the voltage with a regulator. Actually a new small linear PS running off the 12 volt line would be ideal to make a nice clean 5-6 volt source.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol was just planning to write the same comment.
lt1083 would be nice.

koldby

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
koldby wrote:
but if the Sony requires higher swing out , it dosent work.

Then why not calculate, the tube is quite open at 150V G1-K voltage, so that is the goal, the VPA15H has a gain of 15, the VPH06 has a gain of 29. If both swing 75V the input voltage is still 5,5V for the VPA15H, so even a +/-7,5V opamp would drive the ciruit.

Sorry I donīt have the tube data so hard to calculate that.
But thanks for doing that for me!
I agree with all of you it is easy to reduce the voltage for the opamp and very easy to find a suitable opamp @12V Vcc - Vee.

By the way that brings the question up again: Why use a VPH06 for the G1 drive if only75 V p-p is needed?
As Sony did just that I assumend they needed higher swing p-p from G1 to Cathode.
Question Question
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koldby wrote:
By the way that brings the question up again: Why use a VPH06 for the G1 drive if only75 V p-p is needed?
As Sony did just that I assumend they needed higher swing p-p from G1 to Cathode.
Question Question

As I already said the videopack is highly stressed in inverted mode. The VPH06 at 115V supply isn't stressed as much as a VPA15H would be under the same circumstances, but there might be differences in performance of course. One should calculate the slew rate (V/us) of the two ics, that would tell how they are related to eachother.

koldby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my ignorance, gjaky.
I am new in the CRT circutry business, so I am learning.
What you originally said was, that Sonys reason for using VPH06 is that it is a more rugged type than VPA15h, and it can better handle the stress put upon it in iverse mode (dosent get as warm).
Pls forgive me for asking stupid questions and now again:
Then why not use VPH06 i both places?

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I did the math again... Very Happy
The VPH06 has about 15kV/us SR, the VPA15H has about 26kV/us (theoretically), so the VPA15 still quite better in this regard, calculating further, the VPH06 in its application has a BW of about 90MHz, assuming the VPA15H really does 150MHz, take the average of the two and voila there you get the advertised 120MHz bandwidth LOL. Of course this is only based on the output stage of the neckboard, all additional stages makeing the BW worse... The marketing guys wouldn't let write the truth in the brochure anyway Very Happy

Otherwise it is also suspicious that the previous generation of the sony CRT line also used VPH06 (sony 127x) and VPA15H (sony 1292), it very well could be they had too much leftover from these ics, so they decided to build around these. Or someone accidentally mated the old schematics and the G70 was simply born then Very Happy

koldby

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:

Otherwise it is also suspicious that the previous generation of the sony CRT line also used VPH06 (sony 127x) and VPA15H (sony 1292), it very well could be they had too much leftover from these ics, so they decided to build around these. Or someone accidentally mated the old schematics and the G70 was simply born then Very Happy

a treacherous thought Razz
But very likely as the G90, witch to my knowledge came out at about the same time, uses the (hard to get difficult to find data on) VPJ15 instead. Why not use that in G70 ?
Too expensive? Harder to tame?
Marsman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do much Projectors anymore but there are 2 versions of the Video output Boards 1 is what looks like Sony custom heat sink darker grey funny looking fins.The other looks like a normal heat sink with 2 VPa15h's .I just scrapped a G70 bad tubes that has the 2 VPa15h's in it.I looked at the same idea some time ago i had both versions of the boards here & tried putting in a VPA15h it but the picture didn't look right.I looked at the board with the 2 VPa15h's & the was many component value changes.That's why some G70's look a bit sharper than others.
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: