Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Samsung LN52B750U Screen Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HogPilot

TV/Projector: Vizio P702ui-B3, Pioneer Elite Pro-151FD & 111FD

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Samsung LN52B750U Screen Issue Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My buddy just sent me the picture attached below of his Samsung LCD TV. He's had it for about 5 years, and this issue just started up for the first time today. I already had him check all the HDMI connections to make sure they weren't loose or that any connectors weren't bent, and had him check his BD player to make sure it wasn't a source issue. He's not a tech-savvy guy, so these things are probably the extent of what he'll feel comfortable checking on the TV. Frankly I don't think it's anything external to the panel, but I just want to eliminate any possible external causes before moving on.

In fact, because it's only half the picture acting weird, I'm pretty sure this is a problem internal to the TV. As chance has it, I'm already going to be out his way on Tuesday for work, so I could look at things in more detail then, although I probably won't have time to open the TV up. If any of you guys with repair experience have seen this issue before or have an idea of what it would be, I'd appreciate your input. I'm hoping it's something that a qualified tech in the area can look at and repair, versus them having to junk the TV and buy a brand new one, but I also know that that's rarely an option these days. Thanks in advance for your help.

He's mad at us for making Hog a moderator. He took his ball and went home.

SC

Last edited by HogPilot on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
HK-Steve

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500, Epson 8100

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange issue
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the common film cable issue. Hang on and I'll get you some info on it.
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's more strange is that I just had him turn everything off, unplug all the HDMI cables and power, and plug everything back in and that fixed it for the time being. Any inputs would still be appreciated in case the problem comes back. Has anyone ever seen an HDMI connection issue manifested by only half of the picture acting up?

SC
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
That looks like the common film cable issue. Hang on and I'll get you some info on it.

Much appreciated!

SC
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't quickly find the info for that specific model but these 2 videos give you the general idea. So if it acts up again he can try pressing the bezel around the top corner. But even if the pressing doesn't help he may have to take the bezel off and press like in the second video.

Also, when it acts up he can try bringing up the menu and see if the menu has the problem also or not. If menu ok then it is not the film cables or Tcon board but most likely the main. If problem in menu also then most likely Tcon if not the film cable problem. Let me know if you need additional info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Aum_bmYv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhahahahaha, this guy has the right fix, LOL.

I would not recommend this method though. To funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsGoE8ehnY
HogPilot

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I'll avoid the rolling pin solution except as a last resort Smile Thaks for looking that up, I'll let you know if he has any further issues.

SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: