Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDCP problem with AT&T UVerse box

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: HDCP problem with AT&T UVerse box Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi, I have a Moome card for my 9500 that I've been using for about 3 years with the same UVerse box. Occasionally, maybe once a month, the card will have a sync problem with the UVerse box and I'll just unplug the cable from the Moome, wait a few seconds and plug it back in and then it re-syncs.

The past few weeks, the problem has gotten worse where it won't fix itself. I will be watching TV and all of a sudden the picture goes black. If I unplug and re-connect the hdmi cable I get the gray static screen. The only way I've found to fix it is to turn everything off, unplug the projector and let it sit at least 15 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have not changed anything with my system but it's certainly possible that AT&T has pushed an update to my cable box that is causing problems.

Thanks,
Brian
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black screen and the grey static are both handshake issues. Your suggestion of an update to the Uverse box is pretty likely. HDMI can be a pain in the ass.

Question: Is the Uverse box connected directly to the Moome card, or through an AV receiver or switcher? If you're using a cheap switch, try replacing the switch with another. If it's direct, then I'd try all the following depending cost and convenience:

- Reseat both cables and the Moome card
- Try a different HDMI cable
- Try a different Uverse box (can you borrow another from somewhere else in the house?)
- Try the HDMI splitter/stripper discussed in the $25 Stripper thread.

It's up to you which is the most convenient and/or cost-effective to decide the order of the remedies, but HDMI can be a pain - you'll just have to eliminate things to figure out what the problem is.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
bpdski

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I ordered one of those stripper boxes and will give it a try, I didn't know they existed. My cable box is directly connected to the Moome card.
scir16v

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work for att, they got a cheap garbage chipset for hdmi. I'm a tech, I see hdcp errors all the time on all Tvs. I would imagine Moore wouldn't be any different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: