Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco Cine 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello Trevor,

It's a shame the second quad died too.
On the "Buy & Sell" section of this forum, a member from Canada is selling a quad R762717 and, more important, a Cine 8 EHT R7627165. I would send him a PM cause they won't be for sale for more than one day, i think ( the EHT is for Cine 9/Max/BR909 too ).
Like i mensioned earlier, a lot of boards in your machine are not genuine Cine 8 boards. Including the EHT.
Do you mind to post a picture of the back-sticker on your Cine 8 ?
Let's hope indeed that Case will be soon ok.

Last edited by Hulio on Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosaw

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just as an aside, One of the springs has dropped off one of my scan inverter switches, I have just taped it to the chassis (seems to stay put) I tried to put the spring back on but to no avail (must be something to do with the way you hold your mouth) ??

Yes, all the springs are working but I think I read about Curt saying he's had to tape switches into position in the past when he hasn't had a spare to hand. I need to get a continuity meter in there to test - certain combinations of the vertical scan switch and one of the horizontal switches (the combination I happen to need) and the tubes won't fire up. Anyway, I'm not bothered about it now and will be onto it sooner or later.

TV/Projector: BARCO GRAPHICS 808 BARCO GRAPHICS 801

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Barco Cine 8 Reply with quote

Hulio,
Thanks for the heads up about the Quads, I have sent the chap an email, also here is a picture of the back of the CINE 8

20150124_085902.jpg
 Description:
Cine 8 sticker
 Filesize:  323.6 KB
 Viewed:  5347 Time(s)

20150124_085902.jpg

dentree

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casey,
Hope you are feeling better than yesterday, Did think about you, Bought some grapes, they were so nice I actually ate them all (but did think of you as I munched!!!)

Get well soon

Trevor
dentree

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject: Barco Cine 8 Reply with quote

This is my new passion, I have started a collection, at the rate I am going I will have enough for a exhibition before too long !!

20150124_133440.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  488.05 KB
 Viewed:  5322 Time(s)

20150124_133440.jpg

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dentree wrote:
Hi Casey,
Hope you are feeling better than yesterday, Did think about you, Bought some grapes, they were so nice I actually ate them all (but did think of you as I munched!!!)

Get well soon

Trevor

No mate im worse if anything, still waiting for operation yet.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
dentree

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sorry Casey Didn't mean to be flippant with the 'Grape' thing I should have been a little more considerate, thought you might have been hospitalised for an infection or something (that's all I was in for myself)

Apologies
Trev
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate, stomach issues Wink

Its no big deal, think nothing of it!

cosaw

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is my new passion, I have started a collection, at the rate I am going I will have enough for a exhibition before too long !!

I think everyone on here has got some sort of collection. You only need two of something! Smile

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Trev, from the art.nr. i can see that it's a plain Cine 8, without power factor correction and without any form of internal deinterlacer ( lido, limo or limo pro ). It was for the north-american market ( 120V ), so you should check the power input module. Not only the 120-230V jumper must be switched but also those two fuses must be change for future protection. For 230V, 2X6,3A must replace the 2X10A ones.
The former owner(s) make a mess from it, mixing parts from other projectors. Shorter tubes, hence the need to cut some parts to compensate the focus coil, another version of G2 diagnostic board, another version of vert. deflectio and EHT module.
The best way to see if components belong to the projector is to check if the small sticker on each board match the serial nr. on the back-sticker of the PJ ( in your case 1180057 ). Watch the identification menu on screen, the same serial nr. should be found there too. If not, the controller was replaced.
Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong with not maching serial numbers, i only say that when we buy second hand and we have the chance to see the projector before buying, beside a honest seller, this is the only way to see if the machine was trouble-free.
However, there is a big deal when the replacement board does not have the same R76xxxx nr. Your EHT should be R7627165 instead of R762716. No Cine 8 was ever made without the newer version EHT.
I would get rid of Limo and COG modules too, it's just a way to complicate things even more. The internal scaler was designed for SDTV and COG module is for twin channel configuration and, again, no Cine 8 has ever leaved the factory with convergence on green. It makes no sense for HT use.
I hope you can buy the quad and EHT from Canada, the price is right if you ask me.
And good job with the focus issue.
From your last pic. i'll blame the mouse for eating quads Very Happy
dentree

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hulio,

Have just given my mouse a good talking to, and it has promised not to eat anymore Quads !!

Thanks for that most valuable information regarding the serial numbers, most interesting, very much appreciated,
I have checked the EHT and Quad numbers here and it seems that the Quad IS an original part, the EHT is NOT original

i mentioned earlier that i noticed that the original Quad (that burnt out (on page 1 of this post) was very hot before it crashed, the replacement that I installed was from my BG 808 which also ran very hot, then gave off the metallic smell before failing (but nothing visible like on the original which showed burning (page 1)
I then fired up a BARCOGRAPHICS 801s which I have not run for 5 years that works perfectly, but the most noticeable difference was that the BG 801s Quad ran very cool to the touch even after 4 hours of running.

I am going to be getting the Quad and the EHT from the Canadian chap, the Quad is the correct number, but the EHT is different, but I will get both all the same, and hopefully all issues will be fixed, I shall also investigate the LIMO in the CINE 8 with the view to removing it, as of yet I have not investigated the rest of the boards ID numbers, but will do that in due course, the only other issue I need to resole is that at present I am running the BG 808 convergence tray as the resistors (as pictured) which are cooked are proving very difficult to find (want to fix this if only as a back up, other than that I am hoping that all will work well, Stefan (the Canadian) tells me it will take about 10 days to get the replacements ............then we shall see what happens, and I will be taking close attention to the heat that the replacement Quad will generate, if anything else comes to mind i would appreciate you letting me know, also obviously my thanks go to all others who have donated their time,thought and effort to this situation, and especially to Casey, and hope his recovery is swift.
Many thanks

Trevor
dentree

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: barco cine 8 Reply with quote

I have a very early version of a Barco control software program which will not run on Windows 7, has anyone got an updated version of this?

A long time ago I found it very useful for tweaking things while a movie was running as things could be tweaked without anything showing onscreen
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
Ok Trev, from the art.nr. i can see that it's a plain Cine 8, without power factor correction and without any form of internal deinterlacer ( lido, limo or limo pro ). It was for the north-american market ( 120V ), so you should check the power input module. Not only the 120-230V jumper must be switched but also those two fuses must be change for future protection. For 230V, 2X6,3A must replace the 2X10A ones.
The former owner(s) make a mess from it, mixing parts from other projectors. Shorter tubes, hence the need to cut some parts to compensate the focus coil, another version of G2 diagnostic board, another version of vert. deflectio and EHT module.
The best way to see if components belong to the projector is to check if the small sticker on each board match the serial nr. on the back-sticker of the PJ ( in your case 1180057 ). Watch the identification menu on screen, the same serial nr. should be found there too. If not, the controller was replaced.
Ofcourse, there is nothing wrong with not maching serial numbers, i only say that when we buy second hand and we have the chance to see the projector before buying, beside a honest seller, this is the only way to see if the machine was trouble-free.
However, there is a big deal when the replacement board does not have the same R76xxxx nr. Your EHT should be R7627165 instead of R762716. No Cine 8 was ever made without the newer version EHT.
I would get rid of Limo and COG modules too, it's just a way to complicate things even more. The internal scaler was designed for SDTV and COG module is for twin channel configuration and, again, no Cine 8 has ever leaved the factory with convergence on green. It makes no sense for HT use.
I hope you can buy the quad and EHT from Canada, the price is right if you ask me.
And good job with the focus issue.
From your last pic. i'll blame the mouse for eating quads Very Happy

I would not agree with removing COG board especially since we know there are issues with the wrong tubes. He may well need to have control on the green pattern to get the best convergence result. He certainly doesn't need LIMO.
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: barco cine 8 Reply with quote

dentree wrote:
I have a very early version of a Barco control software program which will not run on Windows 7, has anyone got an updated version of this?

A long time ago I found it very useful for tweaking things while a movie was running as things could be tweaked without anything showing onscreen

Just tried V 1.00 on Windows 7 ultimate and runs fine.
Here the zip.

R32862000_V01_00_Tool.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  R32862000_V01_00_Tool.zip
 Filesize:  1.48 MB
 Downloaded:  173 Time(s)

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: barco cine 8 Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:

Just tried V 1.00 on Windows 7 ultimate and runs fine.
Here the zip.

x86 or x64 though????

Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 7 ultimate x64 version.
RU home and well Case ?
dentree

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Barco Cine 8 Reply with quote

this Laptop is 64 bit,
Unzipped the files, but will not install, I think this must be 32 bit, which I imagine is the same as the old one I had
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that was my thought Wink

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
Windows 7 ultimate x64 version.
RU home and well Case ?

I am indeed thanks mate, a bit sore from the operation but certainly much better Smile

Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Barco Cine 8 Reply with quote

dentree wrote:
this Laptop is 64 bit,
Unzipped the files, but will not install, I think this must be 32 bit, which I imagine is the same as the old one I had

Trev, unzip the soft to your desired map and try to install it with diagnostic startup. Click start and type msconfig in the search box, than enter. On the general tab, select diagnostic start up and restart. Try than to install and don't forget to select normal start up after installation.
Oh yeah, another tip : a guy from Point Cook (Seabrook) is selling his non working Cine 7 for 100 AUD on the bay AU.
Quad, splitter and colour filtered HD145 if you want to upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 23 of 27
Jump to: