Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Mitsubishi 1281E vs Barco 808s
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi 1281E vs Barco 808s Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Sorry for my English / google translator /. I live in Poland. I had two years Sony G70- broke. I had two years BG 808s- broke. I found another VS-1281 Mitsubishi.Projektor new, never used. He stood in the shop for 20 years. $ 606 Price Is it much worse than the G70 / 808s Barco Graphics? Do you feel that the big difference? 20 years without the use can harm him? He was in an aluminum box, tightly closed. He was in a cold garage. I know that you can not buy any parts. Is now a good price? It is worth the risk? The projector turns on and everything works. I fear that comes a week and a decline Sad. Regards

Last edited by johnyfazer on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used the earlier video only model, and it was TERRIBLE! I've seen three of them, and one corner of convergence was always out of alignment. I believe the 1281 is a lot better, but not as good as the 808 or G70. Lots of parts are available for the Sony and Barco, why not repair those? Almost guaranteed it will be cheaper than buying the Mits.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum member 'hal' used to have mitsubishi 1281 projectors, according to him it is a very capable machine. While I haven't seen a 1281 in person, but I1d think it would outperform a barco 808, since the Mitsubishi has LC optics.
BUT, the asking price is quite high, most of these Mitsubishi projectors are dead now due to an odd power supply failure (?), since no service manual is available, once it's break down the repairing must involve one very addicted service person.
If you already have a CRT projector that needs fixing, I'd also invest in repairing it than buying this Mitsubishi, though it is a very interesting machine...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that needs repair. here is some info.

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
RaWsHaRk

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay away from it. did you keep the broken G70 and barco? fixing those is not too hard depending how they "broke" and if the tubes are still in not-too-far-gone condition.

doesnt matter that its lc, i have seen an old nec lc that i wouldnt want to watch a 480p pic from. and you wont get any support from anywhere, and no parts.

for a barco, you can find a million parts for few euros or sometimes free..

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaWsHaRk wrote:

doesnt matter that its lc, i have seen an old nec lc that i wouldnt want to watch a 480p pic from. and you wont get any support from anywhere, and no parts.

This machine actually is about as old as the NEC 9PG xtra or Barco 808, and seem to be quite comparable in specs too, so assuming it is perfectly working, this should be capable machine as well, the problem is really the lack of support in spare parts, and the asking price of course...

BTW, I always wanted one of these along with an AmPro Very Happy

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
RaWsHaRk wrote:

This machine actually is about as old as the NEC 9PG xtra or Barco 808, and seem to be quite comparable in specs too, so assuming it is perfectly working, this should be capable machine as well, the problem is really the lack of support in spare parts, and the asking price of course...

BTW, I always wanted one of these along with an AmPro Very Happy

Id have to expect it should look quite nice Gabor, it even has dichroic coated C elements on these which should reduce reflections even more.

But I do agree on the price, unless they will give you a factory warranty, which they wont.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approx. Thank you for the advice. I wonder all the time. My barco 808s is probably broken a few items, but has a very good light 9,9,9. Convergence problem. I replaced two albums convergence / management and driver /. Next the same thing happens. I can not bend only points to the left and right on a red . Numbers, but nothing is regulated on the screen. H-size - it also does not work. Green and blue is good. I can not deal with it. Sony G-70 has an error 29. broken plate B, BA - RGBHV input. Not here to buy, or is very expensive. G70 lamp - 8,7,8. Waiting until someone is cheaper g70 sold for parts. 1281 Mitsubishi projector never used I thought it was a good idea. Smile I am a loyal CRT. I do not know why, but I can not convince the middle class LCD and DLP projectors. For jvc DILA I can not afford. I gave him one last chance Barco 808s. I'll take two of these projectors damaged. They have them in the company of "Barco" in Warsaw. I'll be good consisted of three broken. I'll see if it succeeds. greetings
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all parts for the G70 and Barco 808 for cheap. Pricing isn't what it used to be. Email me at curtpalme at shaw.ca

Thanks!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 808 only needs a convergence board by the sound of that....

dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

600 dollars for a 7 inch pj is crazy.
a 9 inch isn`t overly bright let alone a 7 inch.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an 8" that one. I think they also have P16 tubes.

johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. 1281 Mitsubishi did not buy it. I listened to you. Barco fix my 808s, but I do not know if I can. My 808s Barco is damaged: 1 / power supply, 2 / motherboard-burning . 1 Picture of my projector. 2 picture i have two 808s Barco damaged Date. All three projectors are 07mfp tube - p16lkg ..... The truth is that I do not know what my projector model 808s Smile Date barco 75MHz? or Barco is 808 s 120MHz graphics? After what parts of it can get to know ?? If you can not run any of the projector.

question:

Defective motherboard in my projector is R762502. I wanted to replace it with another number R7625021 from other projectors on the photograph 2. Can I use the old type quadrupler + old type EHT on the board R7625021 ??
I only have one set of active old type EHT + quadrupler. Two efficient motherboards R7625021 and one power supply BGR 808s/E.

Sorry for my English, I do not know if anything can understand / Google Translator / Greetings and thank you for your help

Last edited by johnyfazer on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I know that I have to do combinations of "new frame set = old quad + old EHT + any splitter (JUMPER)" Who me explain .... "Jumper". How do I do this ???? Where is it?
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jumper is an hardware modify on eht board
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approx. Can you tell me how to do it? draw on the photograph?
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question. Barco 808s work well with quadrupler barco 500. Does anyone know if quadrupler barco 500 is the same as in barco 600? I have access to barco 600.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decibel wrote:
Jumper is an hardware modify on eht board

I believe that jumper is on the Frame between/near the quadrupler and EHT. The bulletin below helps.
johnyfazer

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I know nothing more Sad Does anyone of you did on the projector jumper ? Can someone take a photo or drawing ??? Only it saves me Sad
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnyfazer wrote:
Unfortunately, I know nothing more Sad Does anyone of you did on the projector jumper ? Can someone take a photo or drawing ??? Only it saves me Sad

Perhaps the best way would be for someone to help you. You need access to the under side of the Frame between the Quad and EHT and its difficult to get to. As Decibel says you could modify the EHT but this is more complex. Is there anyone close to you that understands a little about circuit diagrams?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: