Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BG 1209s - fans spin but tubes don't light up

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: BG 1209s - fans spin but tubes don't light up Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi!

Something is wrong. The pj turns on, fans spin, but then the standby light starts to flash in sync with an audible HV noise and also in sync with the LEDs on the G2 diagnostics board (some green and one red) and the H output board (one red). All (or rather most) LEDs go on and off a few times (in sync) and then the pj goes back to standby mode.

I've tried another quad. Didn't help. I also tried a new EHT , G2 and H board. Didn't help. All "symptoms" are the same, still.
Any ideas from you guys?

Thanks!

BTW, I have a short clip showing the problem, but the file is around 50 Mb... I'll post some pics showing the LEDs ("on" and "off" states).

Error LEDs ON.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  725.43 KB
 Viewed:  3062 Time(s)

Error LEDs ON.jpg

to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second pic!

Error LEDs OFF.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  700.55 KB
 Viewed:  3056 Time(s)

Error LEDs OFF.jpg

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer for your issues.. but it's nice to see someone that is that into the exterior look of things as much as I am.

If you remember, I asked you before, some years ago, how you made the BARCO logo looking all refreshed like that. I contacted them, the company who made your logo, unfortunately they never responded to my request..

All the same, very cool looking chassis and hope to see you getting your pj up and running very soon.

BARCO LOGO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.29 KB
 Viewed:  3032 Time(s)

BARCO LOGO.jpg

to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot thewolfman for your kind words!

Too bad that you didn't get any response from the company. I went there in person. Maybe something you could try too? Then they can't ignore you so easily... Smile
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live to far away to do so. But I already made other arrangements and will do it myself (with a little help of youtube of course) not the logo per say.. but the exterior at least. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be doing it.
to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone with some technical input?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, give me about 8 hours. Back from 2 weeks out of town more than in town, and am catching up on all emails and posts here by the end of the day! I have a bunch of ideas..

Very nice logo on the case!!
to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt! Looking forward to your input.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, as promised. you have no picture due to the lights on the G2 board, first picture, far right side. The red scan fail light is on, because a couple of the power supply voltages are missing, as per the two green LEDs that are out.

Turn the projector off, and watch the green LEDs when you power up. Do they all come on when you turn the projector on, or is there one or more that always stay off?
to_shine

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt for your answer.

If I count correctly, there are 10 LEDs in total (the red LED is the second one from the bottom in the above pictures). If so, LED number 1, 7 and 9 are always off.

I hope this helps. BTW, you might have been contacted by a friend of mine who also lives in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is also helping me with this...! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: