Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Frequency is out of range SONY D50!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck VPH D50

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Frequency is out of range SONY D50! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just installed the new Moome IFB-FULLHD V3 1.4 card. I am attempting to use my Blu Ray player and I am getting an error message that states "Frequency is out range! The input signal cannot be projected as the frequency is out of range!

I am not an expert so please send "evan acaveman could do it" directions if possible.

SONY VPH D50Q CRT

Sony VPH D50 Q
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Blu-ray player by default will output 1080p @ 24Hz refresh rate. Your projector cannot do 1080p resolution nor can it sync to a low 24Hz refresh rate.

Set your Blu-ray player to 1080i at 60Hz.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Frequency is out of range! Reply with quote

Chuck VPH D50 wrote:
I just installed the new Moome IFB-FULLHD V3 1.4 card. I am attempting to use my Blu Ray player and I am getting an error message that states "Frequency is out range! The input signal cannot be projected as the frequency is out of range!

I am not an expert so please send "evan acaveman could do it" directions if possible.

SONY VPH D50Q CRT

Hi Chuck,

Sounds like your bluray is outputting 1080p. Too much for your Sony to handle.

Which bluray player are you using? Is there a button on the Bluray's remote for resolution? If so cycle through and set it to 1080i and see if that helps. What signal did you have running into the projector before?

The D50 looks nice with Bluray. I have one.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Chuck VPH D50

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the speedy responses. Let me see if i can figure out how to change the BluRay settings.

Sony VPH D50 Q
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What player is it?

CRT.

HD done right!
Chuck VPH D50

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the new Clearplay Bluray. I was able to access the settings and change to 1080i. I now have picture. Any suggestions on choosing between Full RGB or RGB? 16:9 or 4:3? I am just setting this projector up.

Sony VPH D50 Q
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck VPH D50 wrote:
I am using the new Clearplay Bluray. I was able to access the settings and change to 1080i. I now have picture.

Chuck VPH D50 wrote:

Any suggestions on choosing between Full RGB or RGB? 16:9 or 4:3? I am just setting this projector up.

Bluray is native 16:9, DVD's came with a "full screen" 4:3 option. What do you own more of? What do you intend to watch more of?

What screen do you have? 4:3 or 16:9?

I would recommend 16:9 as that's the way things are now. Unless you own a bunch of older DVD's you intend to watch.

Have you set up the D50 up before?

As to the settings, see if your Bluray player has 4:2:2 output settings or YCbCr.

Full RGB may cause you to loose low level black and white information.
16-235 YCbCr or 4:2:2 is usually the best setting but experiment. Also make sure your Moome card is set to the same setting as your bluray player.

CRT.

HD done right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: