Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Doubts purchase of a PVC Screen (PVC, Tissue or wall?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[Frankie]

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Doubts purchase of a PVC Screen (PVC, Tissue or wall?) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi! I want to purchase a screen for a CRT projector, a NEC 9 PG Xtra Plus and searching in Ebay and other sites (alibaba, peroni ecc.) i found this 120'' screen that it's in PVC: [url] http://www.ebay.it/itm/Excelvan-portable-120-inch-projector-projection-screen-material-4-3-white-/191376735037?pt=IT_DVD_Blu_ray_Home_Cinema&hash=item2c8ef13b3d[/url]

So i wanted to ask: It's better to project the image on a wall, on a screen made of tissue or on a screen made of PVC? Now i project the image on a wall light yellow, but since i am distant circa 2 meters from the wall where i project, i see all the texture of the wall, so i guess that it's better to project on a smooth screen with no textures under. And PVC and tissue, i mean it's better PVC or tissue to project on with a CRT projector? It's only a subjective thing or there' something that makes one better than the other?
jeffslife

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started on a painted wall. That didn't last long. There are a lot of people who sell screen material at reasonable prices. People on here have many opinions on what is best and why. If you look you will find many threads on the subject. I hope it helps. Personally I wish I hadn't wasted my time (and money) on screen paint. I found none that compared to a real screen, even an inexpensive one. Good luck.
[Frankie]

PostLink    Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response jeff, i will definetily go with a tissue screen since I recentely found a nice white cloth 3x1,50 meters. Guess i will make myself a screen following the guide on the site or by getting help by some of my friends that knows what to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: