Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bad new tube. Anyone ever seen this.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Curt Palme wrote:
So now you're telling that insurance claims don't exist? Not true. I file maybe 5 claims a year for domestic shipments with USPS, and except for one lost package that was delivered 3 weeks late, all were paid out. With international claims, they need to be filed at your end, which is what I told you.

To: stridsvognen@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Tubes.
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 06:51:30 -0800

I agree, it’s getting pretty ridiculous, and USPS is now doing the UPS thing of ignoring claims. I may stop selling tubes, it’s not worth the hassle...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a old mail from August, where i explain about some problems to the shipping.

Sent: August-11-14 8:56 AM
To: Curt Palme
Subject: RE: sound solutions invoice kurt hojmark July 2014 2

The tubes has been running 30 min now, on a low contrast, i cant run them hard as they are in a test machine with no lenses or anything.

The green need focus set to 100 to look sharp, so something must have moved on that one. just cant see what. Is it possible that the focus magnet can be bad.?

Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:43:43 -0700

They all came from the first lot tube that I got, I did find one other green tube that had the later magnets on them, so I guess VDC was in a transition period.

Let me know how the tubes are, I am sitting here filing three USPS claims right now..Sad

Cheers!

Sent: August-11-14 8:38 AM
To: Curt Palme

I just picked up 2 of the tubes, red and green.

They had a rough ride, the neck board cover on the red tube was totaly trashed, but im testing the tubes now, and it fired up fine, so i hope nothing happened to the tube or magnets.

The green is right from the 2011 batch, but the red you send me is the new batch with those anoying flare magnets, why did you not ship red and green tube from 2011 batch as you promised.?

Is the 2nd red and green set also a mix.?

Im still fighting to get the 2nd set declared true customs.

Ill send you 200$ more later today, just to send you some money, hold on to the 3rd set a bit longer please, i need to find out how to get them true without problems.

Regards.

Kurt
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
So now you're telling that insurance claims don't exist? Not true. I file maybe 5 claims a year for domestic shipments with USPS, and except for one lost package that was delivered 3 weeks late, all were paid out. With international claims, they need to be filed at your end, which is what I told you.

Subject: RE: Tubes.
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 06:51:30 -0800

I agree, it’s getting pretty ridiculous, and USPS is now doing the UPS thing of ignoring claims. I may stop selling tubes, it’s not worth the hassle...

I fail to see your reasoning in these posting. Curt is "TELLING YOU" that things get damaged during shipping and when it happens , you have to file a claim.

So, what's your problem. You did not refuse the shipment after seeing the damage "AT THE POST OFFICE".

Then, after choosing to file a claim instead, then getting denied, YOU did not appeal, Why?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt, is this the 3 red tubes you sent me.?

RED16.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.66 KB
 Viewed:  4440 Time(s)

RED16.jpg

RED15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.09 KB
 Viewed:  4440 Time(s)

RED15.jpg

RED12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.35 KB
 Viewed:  4444 Time(s)

RED12.jpg

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Kurt, we're done, thanks, I am no longer responding to you.

Whats the problem.. Im trying to get to the bottom of this.

We need to solve what happens, and if someone is lying.

Please Kurt, keep going. I am sure a lot of folks here are having a good laugh at your expense.

You are a clown.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Kurt, we're done, thanks, I am no longer responding to you.

Whats the problem.. Im trying to get to the bottom of this.

We need to solve what happens, and if someone is lying.

This started with me asking if it was possible to buy a red true ebay, to get some buyers protection/ rights.

That you offer for those new Green tubes you have on ebay with shipping worldwide.

And suggest that you make clear that when selling special forum member deals direct, the conditions also changes quite some.

I have had some nice tubes, but im not all pleased with the 3100$ that 5 tubes cost me.

If you look true our Emails, also the one i posted here a few times.. explaining about the last red.

You can tell me why you wont respond to that one in context with your reply in this thread.

Im reading true the mails, will add some to some of your other responses in this thread, to put a light on this.

You accuse me of lying.. So i think its only fair that you play along letting me put out my evidence.

Please Kurt, keep going. I am sure a lot of folks here are having a good laugh at your expense.

You are a clown.

craigr

Thanks.. Happy to entertain.

You have a lot of experience with shipping stuff. What do you do if you ship something to Europe, and its broken when it arrive.?

Do you tell the buyer that you can send a picture of a part just like it, to use as proof of the condition it left you, and he will have to deal with the claim.?
Reddman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no stake in this but I will say the following:

stridsvogen,

you're beating a dead horse and your attempts to strong arm Curt has gotten to the point of being annoying which is putting it mildly. I've read every post in this thread and you HAVE changed your version of events several times and you've repeatedly jumped from one thing to another which leads me to suspect your intentions. At this point you are simply alienating yourself more and more. It's apparent that you aren't concerned about that. I don't post much but I'm on this forum everyday and I must say that you are the most abrasive poster here. I know you your ego won't allow it but move on because you will not get the outcome you're seeking.

Curt

I must say that you've been more than patient and gracious in your responses which really amazes me. I wouldn't have entertained him as long as you have. There's nothing that you can do that will satisfy stridsvogen. The more you have attempted to resolved the matter reasonably, the more he has demanded. And there's NO WAY I would EVER accept or fail to address the gross lack of disrespect that you've been shown. I appreciate how willing you are to let him have his say but it's past the point of what's acceptable. It may be time to finally remove the chronic instigator.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddman wrote:

stridsvogen,

you're beating a dead horse and your attempts to strong arm Curt has gotten to the point of being annoying which is putting it mildly. I've read every post in this thread and you HAVE changed your version of events several times .

Thanks for your point on this.

Please point out a few places where i changed version of event, and ill try look into it.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing not mentioned here is that there is something like custommer protection through paypal. When something does not arrive or is not as advertised than you get your money back simple. Paypal will deal with the seller. There is a 180 days term on this. So I have to say that ebay and paypal protect the custommer more than most posters here would want.

I myself have no problems. I got great deals, not completely as advertised but Curt was willing to solve everything.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Reddman wrote:

stridsvogen,

you're beating a dead horse and your attempts to strong arm Curt has gotten to the point of being annoying which is putting it mildly. I've read every post in this thread and you HAVE changed your version of events several times .

Please point out a few places where i changed version of event, and ill try look into it.

No need for me to do that you can easily reread your posts for yourself
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reddman wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Reddman wrote:

stridsvogen,

I can, and i dont see it, so help would be very nice.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
One thing not mentioned here is that there is something like custommer protection through paypal. When something does not arrive or is not as advertised than you get your money back simple. Paypal will deal with the seller. There is a 180 days term on this. So I have to say that ebay and paypal protect the custommer more than most posters here would want.

But how does that protect the seller? That just pushes off all the expense on the seller when this is clearly a shipper problem. When it is shipping damage then the shipper has to be made to pay, RIGHT?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Reddman wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Reddman wrote:

stridsvogen,

I can, and i dont see it, so help would be very nice.

LIAR! There is 2 minutes between him posting to look for yourself and you posting back you could not find anything. Take away your time to post your response and some time for you to read his post and there is no way you went back and reread this thread. LIAR!
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

But how does that protect the seller? That just pushes off all the expense on the seller when this is clearly a shipper problem. When it is shipping damage then the shipper has to be made to pay, RIGHT?

Yes you are right and I think the seller might not use paypal or ebay for that matter. But perhaps it is an insurance and perhaps paypal pays if the shipper doe not pay. Perhaps paypal does the court action? I do not know. I do not imply that paypal is right they have an interest in protecting and increasing buyers trust.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As others have said, it's gotta be something loose scratching the phosphor.

I've seen a leaky tube die of a gas leak while in operation. A blue 9" tube in a Marquee with a cracked neck. (I'm guilty,
I cracked it myself in a fit of genius. Failed to remove all connectors when taking out the tube assembly.)

What I saw was a dim blurry blue picture, very out of focus. Looking right into the lens, the pattern (convergence grid) was moving all around just exactly like it was under water with ripples and waves. A few seconds later, POP! Then instant darkness. The HV arc through the neck at the leak broke the neck clean off the bell.
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll chime in with my tube experience.

I bought one of the new green tubes from Curt last year for my 1209s. It arrived in excellent condition, no rust, corrosion, wear on the covers or anything. I transferred it into the Barco housing, and was happy.

About 100 hours in, the tube cracked out of nowhere. Curt and I did some diagnosis, and after agreeing that there was enough glycol, yet still a properly-sized air bubble left for expansion, and the raster was properly placed on the tube face, he volunteered to send a new tube, saying it was probably weak glass from the factory. I just had to pay for shipping for the second tube, and he would swap out the green C-element on the replacement with a clear one, since I didn't need it anyway, it it would help recoup his loss a bit.

Second tube arrived in a reasonable amount of time, outer box a little smashed, but nothing that seemed major. There was a little glycol in the plastic bag, I attributed this to the c-element replacement, knowing how nasty glycol is and hard it is to dry up completely. Tube still was in excellent shape, no corrosion anywhere. I started removing it from the housing and realized that the ceramics were cracked. I emailed Curt, devastated, thinking that I could have possibly done something. He asked for pictures, and definitively said that it had to be shipping damage, nothing that I had done. He filed a claim, and I had to bring in the tube for inspection.

The claim drug on for quite a while, but I understood that Curt is a one-man operation, and needed to receive the insurance payment before sending out another tube.

The claim continued to drag on, and we finally found that it had been denied for an unknown reason. Curt asked me to ship back the tube so he could continue to pursue the claim on his end, which I did at my expense, and he then sent me a third new one at his expense.

The third tube arrived in excellent shape, once again with just a bit of glycol in the plastic from having replaced the c-element. That tube is now in my projector, performing great.

I would say that Curt's customer service was great overall. Though things took a bit more time than I would have liked during the process, he could have easily claimed no responsibility for the original tube cracking, since he very clearly sells these tubes "as-is", especially when they are removed from their housing.

I find Strids' story to be very hard to believe.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnnash wrote:

Feel free to ask for evidence, if you think there is something i made up, or you like to know more about.
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
gnnash wrote:

Feel free to ask for evidence, if you think there is something i made up, or you like to know more about.

I have no interest in seeing evidence. You asked for form members' experiences, I have given you mine.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnnash wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
gnnash wrote:

I have no interest in seeing evidence. You asked for form members' experiences, I have given you mine.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you also had shipping problems.

There seems to be a good reason to find another packing method.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt you dont reply your PM, i need to find out where this red tube came from. It had your name on the box, if you did not ship this one we need to find out who changed the tube in the box before it arrived here.

P6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  214.13 KB
 Viewed:  4088 Time(s)

P6.jpg

P3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.95 KB
 Viewed:  4089 Time(s)

P3.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: