Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Bad new tube. Anyone ever seen this.?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
stridsvognen wrote:
Craig i have invited you to a G90/ Marquee competition, in USA, with a prize to the winner.. Just to get a end to your bitching.

Im still waiting for your reply, the outcome should be you winning , leaving with the suggested 5000$ deposite, and all the gear i used for the setup. And you holding the right to put me into the mud every time i show up.

The price should be well worth your trouble, If not mention how much you would like to gamble.

Bingo Kurt this is exactly what I am talking about. Why do you think you are so special?

I am a professional video engineer who has been doing this for a living for nearly twenty years. Why should I drop what I am doing to provide a pissant like you with entertainment? I am on the road A LOT and why should I waste more time away from my family and 7 month old son so that you can be fulfilled?

Many others on the forum have either hired me to calibrate their projectors or come by my home to see my setup for themselves. Everyone who I care about pleasing (actual clients) have followed the correct channels to see my work, but somehow you think you should be treated differently.

I would have been fine with providing you a bid for specific work that's spelled out in a proposal. At this point however I have no interest in ever working for you just as you most likely don't want to hire me for anything.

So there we are.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
Craig i have invited you to a G90/ Marquee competition, in USA, with a prize to the winner.. Just to get a end to your bitching.

Im still waiting for your reply, the outcome should be you winning , leaving with the suggested 5000$ deposite, and all the gear i used for the setup. And you holding the right to put me into the mud every time i show up.

The price should be well worth your trouble, If not mention how much you would like to gamble.

Bingo Kurt this is exactly what I am talking about. Why do you think you are so special?

I am a professional video engineer who has been doing this for a living for nearly twenty years. Why should I drop what I am doing to provide a pissant like you with entertainment? I am on the road A LOT and why should I waste more time away from my family and 7 month old son so that you can be fulfilled?

Many others on the forum have either hired me to calibrate their projectors or come by my home to see my setup for themselves. Everyone who I care about pleasing (actual clients) have followed the correct channels to see my work, but somehow you think you should be treated differently.

I would have been fine with providing you a bid for specific work that's spelled out in a proposal. At this point however I have no interest in ever working for you just as you most likely don't want to hire me for anything.

So there we are.

craigr

Its not a work proposal, its a competition, open to all who like to come see and vote..

Putting your and my word to a test, skipping your insults and a option to show how incompetent i am, and it even comes with a nice price.

What do you have to loose.?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:

Putting your and my word to a test, skipping your insults and a option to show how incompetent i am, and it even comes with a nice price.

What do you have to loose.?

He already told you. You are wasting his time. He does not have to prove anything, to anybody. He has the reputation to back him up.
You however, do not, and your reputation, as proven over and over again here clearly shows you have absolutely no credibility what so ever. Your are just trying to prove your worth and nobody really cares. And you are doing a terrible job at it.

Ca piesh?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
OK, so now you have made a claim? This is new, you've added yet another version of the story. And the tube sat at the post office now for how long?

Great, you DO have a claim in! Get it paid out, as they well should, then you get your money back, and you can then buy another tube. Not from me though, you'll need to find them somewhere else. I am happy to assist if you need any paperwork regarding the tube, and the pictures that I've already sent you the way the other tubes are packed should be sufficient as proof how the tube condition was before I sent it.

Sent: December-30-14 5:23 AM
To: Curt Palme
Subject: RE: Tubes.

Heppy new year.

I just went to the post office to pick up the red tube today, after a lot of mess with the customs service.

The box had taken a hard corner landing who had softened both the outer and inner box, and bend the neckboard cover totaly.

I inspected the tube face, and noticed a few black marks, was not able to see if it was on the inside or outside of the tube face, so i left the box at the post office for them to handle insurance claim and return shipping.

I noticed that the inner box looked like it has been wet at some time, and that some of the black screws were rusty, im not sure if they will comment on that when they have to evaluate if the packing is sufficiant.

After newyear we have to find a alternative shipping method to get the last tubes over here, the USPS/ Danish postal service simply wont work.

All the problems started this summer, all the tubes i had before that never had any issues, so something has changed.

Best regards.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some are scared to speak up, as they think they will be kicked off the forum, and Curt wont sell parts.

If anyone have experience dealing with Curt they like to share, ill be able to cover the Marquee marked here in Europe for quite some time.

Ill also promise to do whatever i can to grab a load of surplus tubes whenever possible.

I can only beg for others that i know off had issues to speak up, not leaving me here like a idiot.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll speak up.

I have received boxes and boxes and boxes of stuff from Curt, over the years and have never had 1 single problem with any of it.

Now, with that said, had I received a box at the post office with a corner smashed in, and then found the contents damaged, I would or refused the shipment. Why did you not refuse it?

If the box was left at my door, I would file a claim, if the claim was denied, I would of filed an appeal. If the appeal was denied, I would of filed a suit in court.

Why did you not follow this process?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
OK, so now you have made a claim? This is new, you've added yet another version of the story. And the tube sat at the post office now for how long?

Great, you DO have a claim in! Get it paid out, as they well should, then you get your money back, and you can then buy another tube. Not from me though, you'll need to find them somewhere else. I am happy to assist if you need any paperwork regarding the tube, and the pictures that I've already sent you the way the other tubes are packed should be sufficient as proof how the tube condition was before I sent it.

Heppy new year.

I just went to the post office to pick up the red tube today, after a lot of mess with the customs service.

The box had taken a hard corner landing who had softened both the outer and inner box, and bend the neckboard cover totaly.

I inspected the tube face, and noticed a few black marks, was not able to see if it was on the inside or outside of the tube face, so i left the box at the post office for them to handle insurance claim and return shipping.

I noticed that the inner box looked like it has been wet at some time, and that some of the black screws were rusty, im not sure if they will comment on that when they have to evaluate if the packing is sufficiant.

After newyear we have to find a alternative shipping method to get the last tubes over here, the USPS/ Danish postal service simply wont work.

All the problems started this summer, all the tubes i had before that never had any issues, so something has changed.

Best regards.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
I know some are scared to speak up, as they think they will be kicked off the forum, and Curt wont sell parts.

If anyone have experience dealing with Curt they like to share, ill be able to cover the Marquee marked here in Europe for quite some time.

Ill also promise to do whatever i can to grab a load of surplus tubes whenever possible.

I can only beg for others that i know off had issues to speak up, not leaving me here like a idiot.

So now you are the Marquee man for all of Europe hu?

I really hope you get banned for this. A competative advertisement against Curt right on Curts forum to threaten his livelihood that has been built up over many many years. Curt is one hell of a guy. I've never been on any other forum where the owner would have allowed slander against him to the degree that Curt has taken. He is incredibly fair when it comes to free speech.

Simply amazing.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

I really hope you get banned for this. A competative advertisement against Curt right on Curts forum to threaten his livelihood that has been built up over many many years. Curt is one hell of a guy. I've never been on any other forum where the owner would have allowed slander against him to the degree that Curt has taken. He is incredibly fair when it comes to free speech.

Simply amazing.

craigr

I have nothing ill like to sell, but i know some are scared to speak up as they think they will be banned and denied parts.

If that happens ill ensure them ill do my best to help them.

So this is not a sales add.. just a insurance if someone have something to share that they think will get them in trouble.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Simply amazing.

craigr

I have nothing ill like to sell, but i know some are scared to speak up as they think they will be banned and denied parts.

So this is not a sales add.. just a insurance if someone have something to share that they think will get them in trouble.

Oh, Oh, I need a red red tube. Can you ship it to me?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Simply amazing.

craigr

No never.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:

Simply amazing.

craigr

No never.

Oh, come on. Smile Please, please, please. I can say some bad stuff for you, really.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

Heppy new year.

Best regards.

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:

Heppy new year.

Best regards.

I see you broke your damn computer again. What happened, did you bang on your keyboard cause you got so mad and now the enter key is stuck.

Go get a butter knife (don't play with sharp objects) and see if you can unstick it, okkkkkk? Smile
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Transportation distance has a direct effect on the risk that a tube is facing during shipment IMHO.
In total I ordered 8-10 tubes from Curt since joining this forum. One of them was a NOS green and then there were two complete sets from that large batch he was able to acquire (inside two of the boxes I found evidence that the tubes were used for some F18 simulators and that their original price was ridiculously high). So what did go well and what didn't with this last shipment:

- Curt didn't have one of the two blues but Tim had one. So for this tube I paid Tim directly and he sent it over to Curt. -> OK
- Curt made three larger packages, each of them containing two tubes inside their original boxes. This lowered shipment cost significantly. -> Great
- Curt helped me reducing the import taxes. -> Great
- On one of the reds he installed a red C Element that I purchased from another forum member and that I had have him send directly to Curt. -> Great
- The tubes arrived in time and the boxes didn't look too bad. -> OK
- Three of the neck covers were bent without impact to the tube. -> Not so nice but I fixed them.
- The red tube with the red C Element was leaking. -> Not so nice but I fixed it.
- Three of the tubes showed light signs of rust on some of the larger black bolts. -> Not so nice but it doesn't bother me.
- The blue tube from Tim wasn't as clean as the others. -> Not so nice but I verified with the UV light that there's no wear.

Overall, I wouldn't call it the best deal I've ever made, but still it was a very good one.
You may ask why I didn't complain about the 'Not so nice' points?
That's an easy one:
- I didn't expect the tubes to be pristine after many years of storage.
- I tested all of the tubes and all of them performed flawlessly.
- Curt did everything to make sure that I would get the maximum out of my payment.
- The price (same as he offered them over here) was much better than any that I could have found elsewhere.

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I did install that red C element into the tube, right? I have had a couple of cases where overseas shipments of 9" tubes did leak a bit. I always test them here, and let them sit face down for 24 hours to make sure they don't leak when I change C elements ou. My suspicion is that the tubes may be exposed to different air pressures while in flight, causing some leakage. I can't verify that though.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the pics i promised Curt.

Please point out what tubes off these 7 red tubes i own you shipped to me.

RED17.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.8 KB
 Viewed:  3687 Time(s)

RED17.jpg

RED16.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.66 KB
 Viewed:  3690 Time(s)

RED16.jpg

RED15.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.09 KB

RED15.jpg

RED14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.96 KB

RED14.jpg

RED13.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.39 KB

RED13.jpg

RED12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.35 KB

RED12.jpg

RED11.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.57 KB

RED11.jpg

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt, we're done, thanks, I am no longer responding to you.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Kurt, we're done, thanks, I am no longer responding to you.

Whats the problem.. Im trying to get to the bottom of this.

We need to solve what happens, and if someone is lying.

This started with me asking if it was possible to buy a red true ebay, to get some buyers protection/ rights.

That you offer for those new Green tubes you have on ebay with shipping worldwide.

And suggest that you make clear that when selling special forum member deals direct, the conditions also changes quite some.

I have had some nice tubes, but im not all pleased with the 3100$ that 5 tubes cost me.

If you look true our Emails, also the one i posted here a few times.. explaining about the last red.

You can tell me why you wont respond to that one in context with your reply in this thread.

Im reading true the mails, will add some to some of your other responses in this thread, to put a light on this.

You accuse me of lying.. So i think its only fair that you play along letting me put out my evidence.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:

I packed the tubes that I sent to you exactly the same way I've sent the other 50+ tubes I sold out of the same lot, and other than one intermittent short, which I'm sure was the way it left the factory, none had issues. You received the tubes two at a time, and said nothing (from what I can remember) about the way I packed them.

To: stridsvognen@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 14:45:35 -0800

I can get the tubes down there within about a week, but there’s a problem. I am out of blue tubes. Ever since two got damaged in shipping, to you and one other overseas customer (and one more in the US), I’ve been pulling the tubes out and testing them quickly to make sure they are OK. Two blue tubes were imploded, as the boxes got hit, crushing the metal cage in the back. That included the one that I had sitting here for you since we talked about you getting more tubes. I didn’t think anything of the slightly crushed box, as many of them weren’t perfect, but indeed some tubes were damaged here.

So I have lots of reds and greens, but no blues, and no good sources for any more down the road. You don’t know the condition of the sets that you’re getting, do you?

I don’t even have any decent blue used tubes right now, every one I have shows some wear.

Sorry about that, but better me checking the tubes here than sending bad ones... Definitely the last red I sent you got smashed in transit. I think I have 5-6 reds and greens left though.

curt
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: