Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

What can you tell me about a Vantage HD scaler?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: What can you tell me about a Vantage HD scaler? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I got one of these on trade. 1 owner, original box, manual, remote, etc. Been sitting here for almost a year, I'm finally listing it on eBay.

http://www.calibreuk.com/product_pages/scalers/vantage.php

I've never heard it being discussed here. Anyone used one? Where does it sit WRT Lumagen and DVDO.

I see a couple of used ones for $500 and $800 on ebay with no takers. What should the price point be?

thanks!
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one the last one think its a calibre vantage hd2 if i remember right, was the last model.

I think i payed 60£ its not worth much. It dont have many usefull features for todays formats, and not even any special 3D comb filter.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found my old post about the Calibre Vantage HD2

You might like to check if its the latest one with the better cooled processor, And 1080P 24hz capable.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33492

For the 100$ i payed for mine, its a fun toy to have in the colection, a Lumagen HDQ is normaly 200$ or less, and its a much more usefull unit for CRT projectors.
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

puhh, sorry that I am late. If t is equipped with the "image warping option", it is a complete new category of device.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, after listing it a few times on eBay, and one guy continually offering me $150, telling me I had a piece of crap, it sold for $300 I think.

Not a big deal, I didn't need it, and I got it as a trade-in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: