Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Focusing CRT tubes, how to move the dials? (Ampro 2600)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Focusing CRT tubes, how to move the dials? (Ampro 2600) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So did some searching and I found the two adjustment knobs per tube but how am I supposed to move them? They're screwed in pretty tight, I don't want to break anything so I figured I'd ask before I do anything

also, i haven't actually programmed the convergence yet (still waiting for a bnc cable to come in) but my red tube is still off. Is that normal? I'll be able to actually connect it all together tomorrow when I have my bnc cable and can load a test video
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Focusing CRT tubes, how to move the dials? (Ampro 2600) Reply with quote

veelangs wrote:
So did some searching and I found the two adjustment knobs per tube but how am I supposed to move them? They're screwed in pretty tight, I don't want to break anything so I figured I'd ask before I do anything

also, i haven't actually programmed the convergence yet (still waiting for a bnc cable to come in) but my red tube is still off. Is that normal? I'll be able to actually connect it all together tomorrow when I have my bnc cable and can load a test video

Those knobs can get pretty tight. I am assuming you mean the 2 larger knobs on the top. Somehow you will have to get them loose to adjust the focus. Someone must of really cranked them down before. Try your best I guess and hopefully they won't break off. I have never broke one yet and I have had some really tight.
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! I finally got the suckers loose

but I've run into a new snag (of course lol) I have to do the lens positioning and can't figure out where the lens position hex screws are

are they the two hex screws on either side of the red tube?

I know i'm like live posting my set up, but damn this is a lot more diffcult than I thought.

Also, I have some keystoning of the images (i'm assuming because of th angle) is there a way to correct that later?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which remote do you have? The rectangle one or the L shaped one?
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the L shape.

I'm onto the pin cushion/keystoning step.

I'm not 100% satisfied with my focusing, but now that I've done it once it's not as daunting to do it again
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veelangs wrote:
the L shape.

I'm onto the pin cushion/keystoning step.

I'm not 100% satisfied with my focusing, but now that I've done it once it's not as daunting to do it again

You'll find each time you do it it will be allot of back and forth. I usually do it 3 times, each time.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For master keystone, registration must be off. Select code then 55 and see if it says registration on or off. If it says on then do code then 55 again until it says registration off. Then for master key adjust, press green, static and key and then use the left and right arrows to adjust. For pin you would select green, static and pin and then use the left and right arrows to adjust.
If you are unable to get both sides equally straight there is an individual key adjustment for just left or right. But see how you make out with master key first. Same goes for pin.
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys so much! I actually have the keystone and pincushion right where I want it. It was a pita but hey it worked!

I'm just going through all the fine edging things that the help menu has. I actually had the projector too far back so when i pushed it forward a bit, all the fine touches were all outta sync haha. Oh CRT :p

I don't feel like focusing the thing again tonight, I'll double check it with some ref images tomorrow
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to measure the distance between the red lens and the blue lens to the screen and make sure they are equal

AND do the mechanical lens tow in before going to the electronics for alignment

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so a couple questions

a) how do i measure that distance? aren't they going to be the same
b) what's mechanical lens tow in?

sorry I did a search and is that like mechanically focusing the lenses?

EDIT: got the red tube back on using the codes

Last edited by veelangs on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I just have my computer connected directly to the projo

should I even bother with the dream vision scaler? Or is it not worth it?
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redundant

Last edited by veelangs on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently you can turn CRT tubes on and off :p
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRT time: 106:22:55

is that a lot?
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it's a nice bright and sharp 720p image

but the edges are definitely out of focus. basically I'm focused in the center and out of focus on the top/bottom.

this has to be a pretty common complaint I'd assume, but it's really really annoying haha

How do you guys get so good at getting everything focused?!
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are multiple focus adjustments of different types. Have you redone the focus with the internal help/setup menu or install manual?
You also need to be sure you have the image centered on the tube face and properly pivot the outer tubes or you may have trouble adjusting the edge focus. Astig also needs to be properly set to achieve the best possible overall focus.
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veelangs wrote:
so it's a nice bright and sharp 720p image

but the edges are definitely out of focus. basically I'm focused in the center and out of focus on the top/bottom.

this has to be a pretty common complaint I'd assume, but it's really really annoying haha

How do you guys get so good at getting everything focused?!

Have you performed a proper mechanical setup as Mac says. This would include lens flapping adjustments. As I understand the Ampro lens flapping because its the lenses that move there is a spot either at the top or bottom of the image that doesn't quite focus but it doesn't like your anywhere near that yet.
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used the help guide to focusit but like i only got so good.

my biggest problem now that i think about it is that the image is flipped, so the unit is upside down and all tne adjustments are on top (obviously because ceiling mount)

i doubt the mechanical focus is rigjt but i'm more thanwilling to learn the ampro secrets. whatever isin focus looks real good, so i'm sure ill be fiddling with it for abit
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veelangs wrote:

my biggest problem now that i think about it is that the image is flipped, so the unit is upside down and all tne adjustments are on top (obviously because ceiling mount)

I read this sentence a few times and I can assume a couple different things as to what you mean. So I need you to be more precise in what you mean.

Also, do you have a user/install manual for it?
veelangs

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i don't have the install manual (the spiral bound book)

but as for that sentence

when the projector is emitting an image, wingnuts for the lens adjustment are underneath the tubes, which as i understand means that it was ceiling mounted (which it was) so the image had been flipped.

From googling a bit, there are some plugs i have to switch about to get the image flipped back to front projection table top (which is what I'm doing)

does that make sense? It explains why I was having so much trouble focusing the unit
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: