Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco Cine 7 not powering on

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szp72

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Barco Cine 7 not powering on Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello!

After about 10 years (and a little more than 10.000 hours) my Cine 7 decided to give in today.
The red standby led above the tubes is lit, but nothing happens if I try powering it on using the remote or the standby key on the body. The set does no sound at all.
The p/n is R9010040 Cine7 Blackrange, built february 2004, EPROM version 1.11.

I opened it (I'm no real expert in electronics) and I can see:

CYCLE flashes very rapidly
PAUSE off
POWER off
COMM off
ERROR off

When I press power on the remote:

CYCLE off
PAUSE off
POWER off
COMM stays on for about a second, then goes off; ERROR lights up briefly then goes off and COMM lights up for another second.
This repeats for 12 times, then all lights goes off and CYCLE resume flashing very rapidly.

I looked at the leds above the tubes, and only the STANDBY red led is lit; fans are not moving when I try powering the unit.
Is there something else that I can check before giving up?

I have not been following much the video market, so I really don't know what would be a good replacement for it; I'm projecting on a 4:3 screen (2 mt base). The projector is ceiling mounted using the original bracket.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your power supply has packed it in. Very few spares are around as not many Cine 7s were sold, but I can repair it. Email me please.

you can upgrade to another higher end CRt, they've come way down in price. Best bet is to pull the lenses off first to see what shape your tubes are in.
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other topic I seen that you have a italian name.
Where do you live?

szp72

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Curt
Thanks, that's what I were suspecting; fact is that there could be something else that determined power supply failure, and shipping from Italy to the States takes time and money, that would probably be better spent on new gear. Tubes have about 10.000 hours, and that's another problem Smile

I loved every minute of my Barco, but I suppose it's time to upgrade to a digital prj. Picking up one of your refurbished 3tubes is impractical, given the distance.
After a little research, I think that the JVC X500R would be a good replacement; I will have to pass hdmi cables around (and solder those tiny connectors, damn it!), but it's a step I must take anyway.

@Domenico
I live near Venice, in Italy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: