Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marquee 2008 Ultra Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
redfox001 wrote:
Ok thanks. I do not have to shift these thomson coils.

But in Wolfman's case would it be an idea to set the electronic focus at 40 and find the sweatspot so that the correction that is now beyond 100 will be beyond 90 or so?

I have been out a while but would like to know the answer for this as well. You're clearly thinking out of the box.. but what's the hurt in trying at least. Initialization usually sets everything back to 50 except those numbers and a few others.

In fact, you could easily reproduce this if you still have your Marquee on the table, and set the length - screen - lens to 313 cm and use my numbers on a spare channel, both in your computer and pj, as we have almost identical projectors that could actually work. Even the screen width is the same.

But, I'm about to get wasted tonight so maybe an idea to take it off line with a dozen e-mails. Later. Smile
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes try that and it would probable meen that you have to shift the focus coil a little backwards.

My Marque is on the operation table Very Happy Putting in new tubes that are cleaned to the max and have to learn how to filter the glycol on blue.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Smile

I almost blurred out Paging Dr. Fox! Thank God I didn't because that would have been embarrassing. Phu!
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! I am going to do a lot of mods to get my machine low noise. Starts with a new vertical board all Mike Parker stuff. He is the one you should page! Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?

Any idea why my image is twitching sideways by like a mm or so every so often and totally random? I thought for a while now that it was me and my current numbers on my porches doing this but not so sure any-longer. I have 817p - 816p and 800p and they all seem to twitch hear and there. All have different numbers in porches.. if someone is willing to share their HTOT that works very well let me know and I'll try. My old numbers are gone with a hick-up on the computer lately - that just so coincided with the new CLM and other stuff I've gotten lately. It could be a number of things but I don't have a rock solid stable image that's for sure.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Really?

Any idea why my image is twitching sideways by like a mm or so every so often and totally random? I thought for a while now that it was me and my current numbers on my porches doing this but not so sure any-longer. I have 817p - 816p and 800p and they all seem to twitch hear and there. All have different numbers in porches.. if someone is willing to share their HTOT that works very well let me know and I'll try. My old numbers are gone with a hick-up on the computer lately - that just so coincided with the new CLM and other stuff I've gotten lately. It could be a number of things but I don't have a rock solid stable image that's for sure.

make sure the H-sync value in your timings are greater then 1us when using a vesa timing calculator. if it is lower than 1us the image will wiggle.

But also the marquee is known for a slight oscillation of the image, this comes from somewhere on the CVA.
If you remove the convergence for the green and put up the grid you'll see the green grid will not move or oscillate. Connect it again and you will see it move.

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
Really?

make sure the H-sync value in your timings are greater then 1us when using a vesa timing calculator. if it is lower than 1us the image will wiggle.

But also the marquee is known for a slight oscillation of the image, this comes from somewhere on the CVA.
If you remove the convergence for the green and put up the grid you'll see the green grid will not move or oscillate. Connect it again and you will see it move.

Nashou

I know you've said that a number of times to others before.. I remember.

But, unfortunately those numbers aren't shown to be altered in CRU..nor in Nvidia either. It looks like I need to buy Powerstrip to make use of those suggestions you gave - "1us". If Powerstrip is even still around.

I've had Powerstrip before but only got a trial-version by the looks of it. But clearly the best of them to do this sort of thing. It even made me go 4K on one of my hard drives and still not able to connect to it unless via the other one. Need a 4K monitor to access the user-name + password as those are invisible now.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly to avoid lower than 1us h sync has to be over 120 pixels. not 100% sure.

Use this program to find those numbers

http://tvone.CRMdesk.com/image.aspx?mode=file&id=385

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewolfman wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
Really?

Nashou

But, unfortunately those numbers aren't shown to be altered in CRU..nor in Nvidia either. It looks like I need to buy Powerstrip to make use of those suggestions you gave - "1us". If Powerstrip is even still around.

I've had Powerstrip before but only got a trial-version by the looks of it. But clearly the best of them to do this sort of thing. It even made me go 4K on one of my hard drives and still not able to connect to it unless via the other one. Need a 4K monitor to access the user-name + password as those are invisible now.

He I think I remember it was possible to change the sync pulse width in the nvidea control panel.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
If I remember correctly to avoid lower than 1us h sync has to be over 120 pixels. not 100% sure.

Use this program to find those numbers

http://tvone.CRMdesk.com/image.aspx?mode=file&id=385

Nashou

As of now I'm not able to install that as it's missing something...
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
thewolfman wrote:
Really?

Nashou

He I think I remember it was possible to change the sync pulse width in the nvidea control panel.

Smile

I run the numbers almost randomly as it snaps back to the previous one if it's not to suit. Almost every time.. the 4K ordeal did not, and that hard drive is still unreachable directly. Pixels and numbers you guys needs to make up your minds about.. Smile
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you rebote that pc in save mode I think I remember f6 pressing during boot? I am not in windows lately so I might not understand this.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Can't you rebote that pc in save mode I think I remember f6 pressing during boot? I am not in windows lately so I might not understand this.

No, I've tried that. You can access the hard drive doing that but you can't change anything. f*ck***.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some tips in save mode that should work like uninstalling or changing registtry.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/how-to-change-screen-resolution-for-normal-mode-in/e378c7a6-566a-4146-83b6-e7f6cb273d96

ust in case somebody needs the answer to it.

In safe mode open de registry editor.

go to this key
HKCC\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\

Down the tree look for XResolution and YResolution and change these values to low values like 800 and 600 respectively

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a screen shot( well picture of my screen) of 1920x800p@72 using the TV-one res editor tool

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Here is a screen shot( well picture of my screen) of 1920x800p@72 using the TV-one res editor tool

That totally solved it for me! Thanks.

If you happen to have 817p too that would be very helpful too. Smile

Last edited by thewolfman on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is another VESA calculator TSE sent me. it runs with Microsoft Excel

CVTd6r1.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CVTd6r1.xls
 Filesize:  82 KB
 Downloaded:  145 Time(s)

One Smart Dog!!!

thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to square 1.

I was about to do the suggested porches and stuff but now the pj wont start again. H-FAIL lights up on the CLM.. and just like before I have tried different combinations with different DB and CLM.. but none of them will make it start. So I went back to the way things were last night - Ultra CLM + none ultra DB:s.

Anyway, I fell asleep last night with the pj turned off... but, I turned it off with the remote only and never unhooked the power cord. Meaning; I had it like that for at least 8 hours with it semi off but with no fans running in the LVPS (external power). This is the second time I've done this, but it did power up even so after that and ever since, so not to concerned about it.

Last edited by thewolfman on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In barco h fail can be the result of to low or no power from the power supply in the hdm.

Check another lvps.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
In barco h fail can be the result of to low or no power from the power supply in the hdm.

Check another lvps.

I will... as soon as the Ultra LVPS version gets here. But I really don't think no fans made it go like that. It's a gut feeling I'm having.

Do you have the twitching as I see?

EDIT: I see you speak of HDM and not the LVPS. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13
Jump to: