Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Damnit. Two 3 chippers went for under 4 grand today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Damnit. Two 3 chippers went for under 4 grand today. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Should have bought them! Christie 38's. Both functional for under 4 grand.

Damn............
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the gov?
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky Ham wrote:
On the gov?

Yep two of them. Went for 3800.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the model, Cliffy? Tried looking at a list of Christie models, and nothing lined up with '38' other than some really old sh*t.

Just curious what digitals the gov is already getting rid of that have any application for HT'ers other than perhaps back-yard theater.

Thx,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
What was the model, Cliffy? Tried looking at a list of Christie models, and nothing lined up with '38' other than some really old sh*t.

Just curious what digitals the gov is already getting rid of that have any application for HT'ers other than perhaps back-yard theater.

Thx,
SC

Big dog, it was this one:

http://www.christiedigital.com/en-us/business/products/projectors/3-chip-dlp/DS-series/Pages/christie-DS8K-DLP-Digital-Projector.aspx

I could have probably sold one for the price of what they went for. Buy one get one free! LMAO.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliffy... Dude, that's a 1400 x 1050 projector... 4:3! I know it's a frickin' light cannon (8500 lumens!!!). I know it was originally a very expensive machine (anything that bright was), so like you said, you could probably resell them for decent money - probably for rental, exhibition, digital signage, etc. But, besides that audience, who'd want to pay $4k for a 5-10 year old 4:3 projector, that's long out warranty, that probably needs to be fed $1,000 Xenon lamps and only manages 2,000:1 contrast? Outside a commercial application, what would anybody use that thing for other than a backyard theater, which at several thousand dollars-plus is way, way too expensive)?

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Cliffy... Dude, that's a 1400 x 1050 projector... 4:3! I know it's a frickin' light cannon (8500 lumens!!!). I know it was originally a very expensive machine (anything that bright was), so like you said, you could probably resell them for decent money - probably for rental, exhibition, digital signage, etc. But, besides that audience, who'd want to pay $4k for a 5-10 year old 4:3 projector, that's long out warranty, that probably needs to be fed $1,000 Xenon lamps and only manages 2,000:1 contrast? Outside a commercial application, what would anybody use that thing for other than a backyard theater, which at several thousand dollars-plus is way, way too expensive)?

SC

Welcome to Cliff's drive in!!!!! Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Time for another meet!!!!! LMAO.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a Hallowe'en projector!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is a 3-chip, and a high end machine, as crabb said, its way too expensive. They sell for $1000 to $2000 at best on ebay, working with lamps. you'd be able to get a nice 720p image out of it, but with so much brightness and so low of a contrast, I doubt it would be worth spending that kind of cash on Smile

And they do take xenon lamps. (just looked it up Wink )

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they show it working? If not, then you might be getting an expensive parts machine.

I told one of the managers at a gov sight years ago that they would get more bids and interest if they showed them working. It looks like the word got around to some of the locations, as I have seen some do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: