Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Quick question for Marquee lenses!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
napos

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Quick question for Marquee lenses! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am about to change the tubes on my 9500 and wanted to check with you guys on the size of the allen key needed to remove the HD-10GT lenses. I remember some post in the past stating that it is 9/64 of an inch. Is that correct?
Also, is that the same for the HD-8 lenses on an 8500?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a allen key you need to remove the lenses. I use a 8mm T-handle nut driver for the job. Make sure is long enough to be able to use it without touching the lenses with your fist.[list=][/list]

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.82 KB
 Viewed:  3018 Time(s)

image.jpg

napos

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hulio. The new tubes are in place, the beast is on the ceiling and it is awesome!!!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nut driver? The HD10's on LC marquees are held on with English 8-32 socket head cap screws which take a 9/64's hex (Allen) key. The 8500 is different, it uses 10-32's and takes a 5/32's hex key.
The T-handled tools are the best, you want the 9" long version and I prefer the ones without the ball tip for projector work,

Mcmaster carr has nice ones with rubber cushioned grips for about $2.40 each

http://www.mcmaster.com/#t-handle-keys/=u2b733
View user's photo album (2 photos)
napos

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks draganm. A friend who is a technician helped me out. Tha difficulty being in Europe is that all tools use metric sizes in milimeters. We found one that was compatible.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

napos wrote:
Thanks draganm. A friend who is a technician helped me out. Tha difficulty being in Europe is that all tools use metric sizes in milimeters.
Smile I work at an Engineering college, half the machines are from EU or Japan in metric and half are English. It's a lot of fun trying to remove an English screw that someone jammed into a metric hole.

9/64 = 3.6mm but 5/32 = 4mm , so at least one should be an easy substitution
View user's photo album (2 photos)
napos

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 9/64 of an inch was a nightmare, but we found a way! Don't ask me to explain how it happened as I believe it involved some creative alteration of metric tools! LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: