Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Barco 1209s - Convergence Output module R762519

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rittberg

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Barco 1209s - Convergence Output module R762519 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Yesterday after switching on the PJ, the convergence and the geometry was absolutely distorted.
After checking all modules by my spare once I came to the tray contains the Convergence Driver & Output modules. With the spare tray the convergence and the geometry was perfect.

I switch between the Convergence Drivers modules in the two trays and the convergence was OK.
Switching between the Convergence output modules in the two trays the convergence become distorted with the old module and ok with the spare one.

Looking in to the Convergence output module, I find that the resistor “SR1” (page 271 in the manual) was damaged.

Should I just replace that resistor?
What can be the reason for blowing that resistor?

Thanks.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep try it.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Barco 1209s - Convergence Output module R762519 Reply with quote

Rittberg wrote:
Should I just replace that resistor?
What can be the reason for blowing that resistor?

Probably the replacement resistor will blow too, the cause probably is a deffective convergence amplifier (output transistor).

View user's photo album (1 photos)
cosaw

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with gjaky. If I'm remembering correctly: If it's a red resistor they're usually "safety resistors" and I think they're essentially fusible, i.e. supposed to act like fuses. The actual fault will be related but exist elsewhere in the circuit - probably close by.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got replacement boards if you need one.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosaw wrote:
I agree with gjaky. If I'm remembering correctly: If it's a red resistor they're usually "safety resistors" and I think they're essentially fusible, i.e. supposed to act like fuses. The actual fault will be related but exist elsewhere in the circuit - probably close by.

Yes I agree too. Think it is a resistor in the collector line close to the power so it should directly connect to the bad mosfet.

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had that happen right after I had reseated the convergence tray. I believe the tray was not properly located. After changing the board and seating the tray properly the problem did not reoccur.
Rittberg

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
First - Thanks for your inputs,
Second – The PJ is back in operation with the repaired faulty board.

I take the faulty board to a TV repair shop, they checked and didn't find any other faulty component, so they decide to replace the resistor/fuse with another more sensitive one, for me it looks tinier in the diameter but with the same colors as the original one.
They decide to replace with the tinier one to prevent any damage to other parts in case it will happen again.

So I installed the repaired board and the PJ is running OK for more than 10 hours.

Thanks.
Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rittberg wrote:
Update:

I take the faulty board to a TV repair shop, they checked and didn't find any other faulty component, so they decide to replace the resistor/fuse with another more sensitive one, for me it looks tinier in the diameter but with the same colors as the original one.
They decide to replace with the tinier one to prevent any damage to other parts in case it will happen again.

So I installed the repaired board and the PJ is running OK for more than 10 hours.

Thanks.

I have a similar problem but the resistor bands ore not readable, likely heat an age.

Where did you get the replacements?

Values?

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rittberg wrote:
Update:

Thanks.

I have a similar problem but the resistor bands ore not readable, likely heat an age.

Where did you get the replacements?

Values?

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Barry,

Here a pic of SR1 from my BR909. Almost all Barco projectors ( from 700 to 909 series ) use the same value SR1 and SR2 fusible resistors on their convergence output modules. If i'm not wrong, they are 0,1 ohm, 10% tollerance ( brown, black, silver, silver, black ).

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  349.98 KB
 Viewed:  4878 Time(s)

image.jpg

Barry

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hulio,

Thanks for that...yes that is the one. I got different readings from different resistor charts on line. I was measuring very low resistance and .1 ohm could be why. I just need to search out fusible resistors. Perhaps I will settle for metal film as sufficient about .5W - .7W looks about right. I had 2 of the boards both go, both SR1 so cannabalized on from one board and got one working.

Barry

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: