Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

VDC marquee newest Gen. video neck boards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
gjaky wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
the TV one Resolution editor shows it at 118 mhz pixel clock.

it depends on the porch settings that the source device uses, TV-One must use a different method.

120 MHZ refresh shows a 150 mhz pixel clock for the same resolution.

But still low and why I like Blending. Very Happy

Nashou

Aren't the scanlines too visible at that resolution on the 9500s? Even at 720P scanlines are visible on a properly set up 8" machine, and that equals to 960 pixels in 4:3, you use smaller resolution on a larger tube.

I don't see them, Gordon has seen the blend and so has Kurt. The only thing I don't like is the blend zone you can notice some times. If the movie is good and your into it you forget to look for it. Wink

I have to get about 5 feet from the screen. The Higher refresh rate eliminates them. If I go to 60 hz i can see them, but at 72 or 96 i can't.

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Melifluonze

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the minimal blend zone issues (that you only see if you're really anal and have a history of tweaking stuff) Nash's blend set up is sick.

We took apart Return of the Jedi, checking focus on all the scenes of the movie because it was that crisp. Colors were awesome! Brightness was super! Jedi has some really poorly focused scenes in it!!!

I've got these new neck boards on two sets of brand new LUGs I have looking at me from the table... just don't know if I want to use the new tubes first, or store them with the boards on them for future use... Decisions...

I'm noticing that everything is in 2.35:1 now, so before I burn this pattern into my 16:9 projector, I've got to get the screen and dual projectors up for the blend... my next project...

Sorry... not trying to hijack... just wanted to say that the blend is awesome!

- M

We STILL don't need no stinkin' 7.1!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Gordon. The colors are my favorite part of the set up. Using the Lumagen for calibration really takes CRT
to the next level.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got 6 or 7 set of these new neckboards, and as it dont look like anyone else want to tell how they perform, ill soon be able to test them myself. Very Happy
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it!
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Just popped mine into my test bed that isn't set up for anything than to just check bad boards so I can repair them.

Having said that they seems to have a cleaner back ground than stock board. Cant test anymore than this.

Also you have to use all three of the same boards in the PJ. The Blue and red did not light up with the
new style on the Green Tube. I put the old Green VNB on and all tubes light.

So that has been confirmed.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes less than 5 min to trow in 3 neckboards and display a image on a screen. And a very very slow BD player might need a few min to load some test patterns.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my nephews birthday is more important .

One Smart Dog!!!

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Sorry my nephews birthday is more important .

Dont worry, you had yours for so long ill never expect it to happen.. Wink
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is this b!tching Kurt, you said you'll do the test, then do it Smile There is a posibbility even if Nashou does the test you'll be skeptic... The only good test is what one do for oneself. Smile
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
Why is this b!tching Kurt, you said you'll do the test, then do it Smile There is a posibbility even if Nashou does the test you'll be skeptic... The only good test is what one do for oneself. Smile

Easy now im just teasing those guys a bit.. They have been flashing these new boards for the longest..

Ill test them, but ill not bother anyone on this site with my useless tests.. ill let others do that. Just think it would be nice that some of the guys who know more about CRT than i do, do some serious testing like bandwidth gamma noise and so on.

This thread only have pics of the boards. And it wont help anyone with the option to buy a set of those neckboards deciding if its a good deal or not.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to put Marquee VNBs in my NEC XG, instead of the original neckboards, those are hard to find and expensive. I have to make an auxiliary power supply for it to mate with the XG. Once I have the power supply done I'll test the stock marquee neckboards I already have here with my 500MHz FET probe and HP 1720A scope. With that we are not just get screenshots of testpatterns but actual numbers on rise and fall times.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
I am planning to put Marquee VNBs in my NEC XG, instead of the original neckboards, those are hard to find and expensive. I have to make an auxiliary power supply for it to mate with the XG. Once I have the power supply done I'll test the stock marquee neckboards I already have here with my 500MHz FET probe and HP 1720A scope. With that we are not just get screenshots of testpatterns but actual numbers on rise and fall times.

That just dont do much for these new type boards, and this thread.
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I have the power supply, that will allow me to MEASURE any VNB on the bench, let it be the new style VNB, or a super-mighty-über-modded Mike Parker VNB, or just a plain original VNB. To my knowledge all of these operate from the same supply lines...

Sorry that I bothered with unneccesary informations Embarassed

dvh99

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to your results gjaky.

maybe you can play with some different inductor values on the vnb.

mp20748

TV/Projector: 9500LC Ultra / Super 02 and 03 VIM

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
gjaky wrote:

What are you going to feed into the input of the neck boards for this testing?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
stridsvognen wrote:
gjaky wrote:

What are you going to feed into the input of the neck boards for this testing?

I can feed them direct from the moome card, or from different VIM, with different sources like HDMI from BD players or RGBHV frompattern generator.
mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question was to gjaky. He spoke of getting a power supply to test a marquee neck board, and besides going to need three dual supplies (+/- 85, +/- 14, +/- 5) he's also going to need to feed the neck board. My question is what do he intend to use
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mp20748 wrote:
My question was to gjaky. He spoke of getting a power supply to test a marquee neck board, and besides going to need three dual supplies (+/- 85, +/- 14, +/- 5) he's also going to need to feed the neck board. My question is what do he intend to use

I used my VGA card's RGB output to test the XG neckboards, so I guess it will do for the VNBs too.

mp20748

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: