Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome's new Barco HDMI 1.4 card
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
redfox has posted some shots using the new Moome card vs. other solutions. Who will give a idea about the bandwidth differences.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=40
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add to that post that I said the VGA was a little better but I used some peaking with the VGA. I had forgotten about that. I am back with the Moome now with a little peaking. Moome has less noise but for the rest they are comparable. One other very strange thing is that the VGA was unfocussed in one edge and I need huge correction to get it not totally right. I checked the flapping but nothing. Now I am back to the Moome and the edge is focussed again with vallues of 41 or so. I don't understand how the vga could disturb the edge focus. ???

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably the image width within the raster on the MOOME card being slightly less amplitude than it is via RGB, for whatever reason. I had to completely recalibrate all my 1920x1080p 60Hz settings, so i deleted everything and started from scratch.

Did you find the blur to be on the left side?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Its probably the image width within the raster on the MOOME card being slightly less amplitude than it is via RGB, for whatever reason. I had to completely recalibrate all my 1920x1080p 60Hz settings, so i deleted everything and started from scratch.

Did you find the blur to be on the left side?

No on the right top or the whole right side, top the most. It still puzzles me. It was very visible on green and blue red seemed better.

The timings where different indeed. For the VGA I had to use bigger porches to get a sync.

Might be pure coincidence and that switching on and off fixed it? Out of curiosity I will check this again.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had no issues with standard timings, but i had the green blur on the left. I do generally run my image further to the right of the raster though.

konniekip

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received my moome card.
At first glance surely an improvement compared to HD fury 2 > BNC.

There is improved sharpness overall. I hadn't seen film grain up to now Smile

The only problem I have, and that I find annoying is that after selecting port 3 on the Barco, the Moome card doesn't seem to give the Barco any source. The Barco says: warning, no source available. The only thing visable are three to six vertical distorded white beams on the right side of the screen who disappear ofter a few seconds.
After playing around a bit with vertical/positive sync I get source on port 3.
I am not sure what this problem entails. My BG808s should support both positive and negative sync.

Anyone an idea on this issue?

Konstant.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to wait a while for it to sync sometimes for some reason, i didnt actually have that issue with the EXT V3 but occationally do on this card.

konniekip

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to wait a while for it to sync sometimes for some reason, i didnt actually have that issue with the EXT V3 but occationally do on this card.

Although i cannot determine the origin of the issue described above, simply waiting has turned out to be the best strategy. It now takes a few secs before sync sets in.
I get a nice sharp image! The only remaining issue is some kind of curling of the right lower corner of the raster of the blue tube. I have no blurring, only some banding which should be resolved by tweaking with porch settings as i have understood it.

edit: curling had to do with the raster width, adding some back porch (200 pixels) enabled me to shift the image to the right which resolved the issue and the ringing I had been seeing.

Last edited by konniekip on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
konniekip

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@casethecorvetteman: were you able to display 3D with the HD fury glasses and emitter?

I am thinking of buying the same set but before purchasing shutter glasses I'd like to have some certainty Wink
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not buy the 3D Fury glasses or emitter, they do not work completely as described.

They claim 16 adjustments for duty cycle, there is only 13, and its not enough. They claim 32 adjustments for timing, and there isnt 32. They made claims on their website and their forum that a newer better more advanced emitter was coming and would be FREE to all that bought the older emitter, but they are not making a new emitter. If they DID, i would be sugesting differently.

Their solution to my issues was "just buy a cheap DLP, itll look better than your CRT anyway"...

Having said that, the 3D Fury is a great device itself, the emitter and glasses let it down if youre using it for 3D.

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"just buy a cheap DLP, itll look better than your CRT anyway"...

Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
"just buy a cheap DLP, itll look better than your CRT anyway"...

Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing LaughingLaughing Laughing

Exactly

Why buy anything from these guys.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that is exactly their words too... Im yet to see a cheap DLP look anything like a CineMAX... But hey, theyre the experts i spose.

If i was going to buy another projector, why wouldnt i just buy a 3D one anyway???

konniekip

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not buy the 3D Fury glasses or emitter, they do not work completely as described.

They claim 16 adjustments for duty cycle, there is only 13, and its not enough. They claim 32 adjustments for timing, and there isnt 32. They made claims on their website and their forum that a newer better more advanced emitter was coming and would be FREE to all that bought the older emitter, but they are not making a new emitter. If they DID, i would be sugesting differently.

Their solution to my issues was "just buy a cheap DLP, itll look better than your CRT anyway"...

Having said that, the 3D Fury is a great device itself, the emitter and glasses let it down if youre using it for 3D.

Very Happy

I wonder if they've ever seen a high level crt?
nevertheless, this underlines the difficulties for 3D display through moome's card. I wonder if the emitter and glasses available from this site would work? Can curt add some wisdom to this discussion?
I am willing to pay some 'learning money' but $150 without postage is a little too much.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not the moome card that is the issue, i tried using RGB as well, and got the exact same results.

geisemann

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Input problems on port 3 by using a non modified switcher Reply with quote

The main problem with upgrading just the HDMI is the switcher card. You are better off using just the 5 BNC because the input transistors on the BNC are 5 GHZ where the ones on the port 3 card are only 1 GHZ.

Port 3 BFS17.

The did this to reduce harmonics and noise and why pay for a high end expensive transistor to support low rez port 3 card.

Port 5 BFR92A 5GHZ

So you can see port 5 has 5 Times the BW of port 3 on the input to the switcher card. So but upgrading the switcher card transistors and biasing you actually be lowering your sharpness and color by using a internal port 3 card without mods to the switcher card.

Just a update we updated our internal HDMI card last month to the new 1.4 and now shipping.

www.eisemann-theater.com

This card now is free with our mod set. So we will give you our free HDMI internal card matched with our mods .

In our mod set we require at MIN the port 3 HDMI upgrade along with the switcher card or you will have a very soft image.

See posted schematic

www.eisemann-theater.com

909 Input Section 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.96 KB
 Viewed:  13075 Time(s)

909 Input Section 1.png

geisemann

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Input problems on port 3 by using a non modified switcher Reply with quote

The main problem with upgrading just the HDMI is the switcher card. You are better off using just the 5 BNC because the input transistors on the BNC are 5 GHZ where the ones on the port 3 card are only 1 GHZ.

Port 3 BFS17.

They did this to reduce harmonics and noise and why pay for a high end expensive transistor to support low rez port 3 card.

Port 5 BFR92A 5GHZ

So you can see port 5 has 5 Times the BW of port 3 on the input to the switcher card. Its important to upgrade the switcher card transistors, you will be actually lowering your sharpness and color by using a internal port 3 card without the critical mods need to the switcher card. ( the card the port 3 connects to)

Just a update we updated our internal HDMI card last month to the new 1.4 and now shipping.

www.eisemann-theater.com

This card now is free with our mod set. So we will give you our free HDMI internal card matched with our mods .

In our mod set we require at MIN the port 3 HDMI upgrade along with the switcher card or you will have a very soft image. We remove the old port 3 input and replace with a new circuit to support high rez in this area.

See posted schematic

909 Input Section 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.96 KB
 Viewed:  13075 Time(s)

909 Input Section 1.png

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, why dont you post some resolution patterns and scope measurements showing the difference out of the neck board, and on the tube face.?

Do anyone buy your HDMI solution after the Moome came out.?
geisemann

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: HDMI 1.4 Reply with quote

Yes we have sold our new card to many customers who didn't like the sharpness of this card as you are getting 1/4 the bandwidth from port 3 vs port 5 BNC.

We have also modified this card and many customers have sent us this card for mods and balanced it with the switcher to equalize the full bandwidth it can provide people who didn't want to pay extra for a full 5 board set. So we can do both keep this card with a 1/2 mod or we can do the full mod with our 1.4 card.

I hope that helps .

Greg
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: HDMI 1.4 Reply with quote

geisemann wrote:
Yes we have sold our new card to many customers who didn't like the sharpness of this card as you are getting 1/4 the bandwidth from port 3 vs port 5 BNC.

We have also modified this card and many customers have sent us this card for mods and balanced it with the switcher to equalize the full bandwidth it can provide people who didn't want to pay extra for a full 5 board set. So we can do both keep this card with a 1/2 mod or we can do the full mod with our 1.4 card.

I hope that helps .

Greg

Why dont you ever post some pics to show your different solutions, how they perform.

ecrabb made a very nice pattern who will tell a lot about bandwidth and if its linear.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37160&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

You can download the pattern here, and shoot some pics to show the before and after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: