Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BARCO-FULLHD: HDMI 1.4 Input Card
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: BARCO-FULLHD: HDMI 1.4 Input Card Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
BARCO-FULLHD HDMI 1.4 input card with Gamma, IR remote, and 3D support

Click [HERE] to order directly from the manufacturer

Priority worldwide shipping included! Payment options: Credit Card or PayPal (PayPal account *not* needed to pay by credit card)

Upgrade your Barco CRT projector by adding four (4) HDMI 1.4 inputs with 3D support, gamma correction and infrared remote control. These digital HDCP-compliant HDMI 1.4 inputs allow you to watch hi-def content at up to 1080p resolution.

The BARCO-FULLHD card allows you to easily add digital devices such as Blu-Ray players, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, Satellite/Cable HDTV set-top boxes, and HTPCs with HDMI graphic cards to your Barco CRT projector.

The BARCO-FULLHD replaces the (somewhat useless) secondary RGB port 3 card in your projector. The mounting bracket on the existing port 3 card is removed by the user and installed on the BARCO-FULLHD.

A port 3 dongle (included) is then plugged into your Barco's external port 3 socket. The dongle includes an IR receiver to allow for IR remote control of the BARCO-FULLHD functions. A 3D sync port is also available for connecting 3D emitters. For complete details refer to the user manual (below).

Manuals

BARCO-FULLHD installation manual (PDF format)
BARCO-FULLHD owners manual (PDF format)

Overview

The BARCO-FULLHD offers advanced features such as 100% HDMI 1.4 compliant inputs, Deep Colour support, 14bit D/A converters, a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@75Hz (beyond 1080p FULLHD), a fast 1GHz output buffer, and high quality op-amps and capacitors on the output stage for the best image quality possible.

Works with any Barco CRT projector that has a Port 3 board, including (but not limited to):

Barco 800
Barco 801
Barco 801s
Barco 808
Barco 1200
Barco 1208
Barco 1208/2
Barco 1209
Barco 1209/2
Barco 808s
Barco 1208s
Barco 1208s/2
Barco 1208s/E
Barco 1209s
Barco 1209s/E
Barco Cine 8 / Cine 8 Digital
Barco Cine 8 Onyx
Barco Cine 9 / Cine 9 Max
Barco Reality 809/909
Barco Reality 812/912
Runco DTV-992
Runco DTV-992 Ultra
Runco DTV-1000
Runco DTV-1100/1101
Runco DTV-1200
Zenith Pro 1200

It does not matter if the projector is DATA or GRAPHICS grade. As long as you have a port 3 board you can use this card. Not sure if you have a port 3 board? Look on the back of your Barco for an input connector labelled PORT 3.

How does the 3D work?

When used together with a Radiance video processor, the BARCO-FULLHD HDMI card allows 3D movies, games, and other content to be viewed on your Barco CRT projector. The Radiance does the processing to convert the 3D signal into something your Barco CRT projector can understand and display, while the BARCO-FULLHD HDMI card interfaces with and controls your 3D glasses through the port 3 dongle (included) which plugs into your Barco's port 3 socket. Enjoy 3D at 720p120Hz or even at custom resolutions like 1080p75Hz.

Any Infrared (IR) Active Shutter glasses or Radio Frequency (RF) Active Shutter glasses that include an emitter will work with the BARCO-FULLHD card as long as the emitter has the standard 3-pin DIN connector.

Features

For complete details see our order page

FAQ

How easy it is to install and setup?
Installation is quick and easy. For complete details see the installation manual above.

What's adjustable gamma correction? What does it do? Why would I need it?
Many displays (and pretty much all CRT projectors) require a gamma boost to show perfect shadow details. Without this adjustment, dark details in the picture will be lost. To adjust gamma see the manual (below). For a complete explanation of Gamma Correction, please see this thread.

Can you set different gamma correction for the four HDMI inputs?
No. there is one gamma adjustment setting. It is used for all inputs.

How do I adjust gamma on this card?
See the manual (above). The Gamma Tuning Guide for Moome products may also prove useful.

Can I add an HDMI switcher or receiver before the BARCO-FULLHD?
Yes. If you have more than four HDMI sources you may add an HDMI switcher.

Pictures

Before bracket is attached:

With bracket attached:

Installed:

(High resolution version)

Port 3 dongle:

Questions should be directed to Moome at: MoomeCard@CurtPalme.com

Click [HERE] to order directly from the manufacturer

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:33 pm; edited 16 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF.. No woooo hoo from any Barco users.. This must be the greatest thing happening to Barco CRT projectors ever.
Reddman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to get one for my 1209s. It would really simplify hookup
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I see the price of this HDMI card and the price that I paid to get Greg Eisemann HDMI card... I want to cry Sad
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pre ordered one Very Happy Suspect this is the best step in performance you can make with Barco.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool!

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures huh Very Happy Wink

This is the best card I have had to test so far for Barco. If you use modified video chain like from Eisemann or if you are technical enough to do yourself you'll also get very nice 1:1 mtf
This picture is result of the new Moome Barco-HD board with modified video chain by Greg Eisemann, without added peaking.

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! Thanks for taking the pictures Francisco!

Glad to hear that you like Moome's BARCO-FULLHD better than every other solution you've tried (and you've pretty much tried them all). You've got what is considered pretty much the highest end Barco available (SEOS 919 split pack with HFQ900 lenses and colored C-elements, basically a Barco 909). On top of that you have some video chain mods to clean things up.

Kal

ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool Thumbs Up

I need one especially for 72Hz support.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Greg's older DVI mod in my 1208 and want to know if this card will work for me? I am assuming it should, seeing your statement above.

Francisco wrote:
Nice pictures huh Very Happy Wink

This is the best card I have had to test so far for Barco. If you use modified video chain like from Eisemann or if you are technical enough to do yourself you'll also get very nice 1:1 mtf
This picture is result of the new Moome Barco-HD board with modified video chain by Greg Eisemann, without added peaking.

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeme wrote:
I have Greg's older DVI mod in my 1208 and want to know if this card will work for me? I am assuming it should, seeing your statement above.

Yes. You don't use the port 3 card at all (other than the bracket).

Any upstream mods that clean up the picture (which are the other things Greg does from what I understand) would only help. Note that this doesn't mean I endorse Greg's mods as I've never seen them...

Kal

redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question is it possible to ad a factory 817p resolution? I mean 1920x817p@72. I can get it to work on the external Moome but it does not work always. I have to start in 1080p than chose 817p. Perhaps this is just an issue with my Moome?
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome's cards should support any combination of resolution/refresh rate as long as you stick below the maximum. There's nothing in his products that limits or allows specific resolutions.

His cards will also not convert resolutions (they're not video processors). That is considerably more complex.

If you're having issues, I'd contact Moome.

Kal

bbfarmht

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap another thing on my wish list!

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"

Benjamin Franklin
gonyr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why wasn't this out six weeks ago when I decided to take down my Barco monster and go digital? I probably still would have made the switch, if only to finally end the six years smacking of my head on the projector, but this would have made me at least reconsider for a bit longer.
rwallmow

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonyr wrote:
Why wasn't this out six weeks ago when I decided to take down my Barco monster and go digital? I probably still would have made the switch, if only to finally end the six years smacking of my head on the projector, but this would have made me at least reconsider for a bit longer.

I was forced out of my CRT when we moved and now don't have a room large enough to throw an image with my 801s. That said, if this had been out 3 years ago when I moved, I might have knocked down some walls to make it work, At least when I ditched CRT I went Plasma, so I am not totally unhappy, lol.
nathan

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea if it would work with my Runco 1101 (1209s Data)? If so, would I still need my VP50 to correct the porch settings to do 1080p since the Runco has this onboard capability removed?

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=419798
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
Any idea if it would work with my Runco 1101 (1209s Data)? If so, would I still need my VP50 to correct the porch settings to do 1080p since the Runco has this onboard capability removed?

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=419798

The card will definitely work in a Barco Data 1209s. When you say Runco disabled porch setting adjustments what do you mean? CRT projectors don't have porch settings adjustments but you can adjust the image size/position within the raster (and the raster size as well). Is that what you mean? I'd be surprised that Runco would remove that as you need that sort of control to set up the projector in the first place.

Kal

fearn48

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: 1080p refresh rate Reply with quote

Hi all,
In the owners manual, in the "HDMI support mode table" on page 4, it does not show 48Hz under the 1080p entry. Will the card do this?

I currently use an hdfury3, fed from a lumagen XS, to get the single into my Runco DTV-1100. 1080p48 and 817p72 work well with this setup. I just want to make shore it will still work with this card.

Thanks

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1080p refresh rate Reply with quote

fearn48 wrote:
Hi all,
In the owners manual, in the "HDMI support mode table" on page 4, it does not show 48Hz under the 1080p entry. Will the card do this?

Yes.

Moome's cards should support any combination of resolution/refresh rate as long as you stick below the maximum. There's nothing in his products that limits or allows specific resolutions.

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: