Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Ampro 3600 and +40 lo error message

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matttodd

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Ampro 3600 and +40 lo error message Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My daughter turned on the Ampro 3600 this afternoon, and the blue tube wouldn't go on. Not sure if it's related to that or not, but I punched in the "30 code" to check diagnostics and got a "+40 low" error message. I've tried cutting off the blue CRT and cutting it back on again, but still nothing from it. Everything is yellow Smile - as the green and red are working fine. Any suggestions on what the issue might be?

Matt
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a row of green leds on the LVPS. Are they all on?
matttodd

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Macgyver566. I pulled the cover, and all green LEDs are lit, except the one labeled -40. Curt also suggested I switch the CRT amplifier card, so I pulled it off the blue tube, and switched it with another. I'm getting some output from the blue tube when I do that - it's just very dim. I didn't try to mess with the G2 yet or anything else.

Any suggestions?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the LED on the P/S is not lit then you need to remove the fuse cover and check the fuses. I would think this needs to be addressed first. When you switched the CRT cards what did the other tube do that you put the blue card on?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like two different problems. Make sure the black 2 pin video connector is on the right way. If it's backwards, you'll get a dim negative picture.

Put a new fuse into the -40 volt holder. If it blows again, you'll need to disconnect the convergence output board, replace the fuse again and see if it blows. I've had a few Ampros short out the -40 volt line, I'll have to grab the service manual to see what boards it feeds. I still have good stock of ampro boards.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I'll have to grab the service manual to see what boards it feeds. .

Focus board.
matttodd

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips guys - I was able to pull the fuse cover, and replace the +40V fuse with one from my parts machine. That solved that problem. Once I got that solved, I flipped the video input 2-pin wire to the CRT amplifier card (tried it both ways), just to make sure I had it right. It was still dim, even when right, although I found by chance when I bumped the G2 setting, sometimes I could get it to come on with full intensity, instead of being dim, so for now, everything seems to be working. I'm not sure what the issue was/is with the dim output on blue, but at least it seems okay for now.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: