Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEC 9 PG Xtra doubts with the calibration and distances.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
gjaky wrote:
redfox001 wrote:
Do these things really have analogue outputs at these resolutions?

Max Analog: 2048x1536

They told so... The rule of thumb with htpc is if you get everything up and running don't touch it just use it, turn off automatic updates etc..

I will probable make a linux htpc with vlc player or so.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of dac is in the moome
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ths8200.pdf
90 Mhz 3db.

Think we know that the video dac is often filtered to soon as the moome v3 is clearly a bottleneck. So I can not yet say what the Cine 9 bandwidth is exactly. Also the Nec is probable 75 MHz flat and 90 MHz 3db not more than the specs.

Edit: translated to English Very Happy
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analog outs on some video cards will go as high as 2560x1600.

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
gjaky wrote:
redfox001 wrote:
Your intel graphics card ha s aresoluton of 2048x1536 @77 Man! I am going to build a htpc with it.

LOL, You just said a few days ago that the htpcs are crap! Very Happy
Besides I'm not using the intel GMA anymore, instead the GeForce 7950GT which did 375MHz analog bandwidth, but honestly I didn't notice any difference, not even in test patterns!

No no don't get me wrong I said the software in windows was not so good it allways stuttered but that was years ago so maybe i have to try again.

I do think that the 1080p specified video dacs will have there 3 db at 1080p to get to the specs and be cheap. These video cards are spect much higher and might be flat till 1080p. Very Happy

No issues with Windows 7 or 8 here, RGB out from a number of different nvidia cards, 3D and all. Smooth as silk. My specs may be considerably higher though.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
redfox001 wrote:
Your intel graphics card ha s aresoluton of 2048x1536 @77 Man! I am going to build a htpc with it.

Besides I'm not using the intel GMA anymore, instead the GeForce 7950GT which did 375MHz analog bandwidth, but honestly I didn't notice any difference, not even in test patterns!

You still running the 285 drivers on that one?

gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
gjaky wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

You still running the 285 drivers on that one?

No, actually I use 162.50 (for Win XP) drivers, which is otherwise a quite dumb driver, but this is the only one which lets me use the old wired shutter glasses for 3D, what is interesting about this is it plays smoothly almost all (ripped) 3D movies on the GF6600GT, but chops with every movie on the GF7950GT, the G80 based GF8800GTS was the best but is out of order now due to heat problems...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes i forgot you had the wired glasses!

gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not use them in a while though...

View user's photo album (1 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He I looked at that external Moome hdmi card and it has clearly the limited 1080p@60 video dac onnboard. The internal card have a video dac that can do 1080p@75. It is not in the filtering or in the video amplifier because both have very good probable the same but the dac on the external is the same cheap thing on my mac vga adapter. No good!
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I have my eyes on two bottle necks in the barco video chain. The vga solution is the first and the second is the voltage amplifier on the neckboard that is very low bandwidth. I hope to replace them soon and show some new testpictures!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:

Yeah i havent used mine in a while, generic CRT is still an option on the latest drivers, but it tries to drive a signal of around 240kHz to set the glasses up, ive never seen a CRT thatll go that high. With the GTX760 i cant use the 285 drivers, too old, so i resurected an older machine with the following specs:

Intel i7 950 LGA 1366 CPU
ASUS PT6 Deluxe x58 mobo
6 gigs or DDR3 in tripple channel
Nvidia 9800GT video card

I put Windows 8 on it because they were out of stock with Windows 7 PRO, and in all honesty once you have 8 set up, its hardly any different from 7 anyway. 3D working perfectly out the RGB socket and no issues playing 3D Blurays direct from the disc using PowerDVD 13 ULTRA and AnyDVD HD, the latter needed to spit out the HD and 3D signals from bought Blurays via RGB. It all works very easily without a hitch, perfectly smooth, very nice image.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
He I looked at that external Moome hdmi card and it has clearly the limited 1080p@60 video dac onnboard. The internal card have a video dac that can do 1080p@75. It is not in the filtering or in the video amplifier because both have very good probable the same but the dac on the external is the same cheap thing on my mac vga adapter. No good!

This backs up what ive said for ages about the external V3 being inferior to the internal V2 when i compared them on my XG.

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:

This backs up what ive said for ages about the external V3 being inferior to the internal V2 when i compared them on my XG.

I belive i did read somewhere in here that Craig just changed the filters in some of the EXT cards, and then they work great.

It takes 2 min to bypass or change the filters.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldnt have to. They should be all they can be right out of the box.

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldnt have to. They should be all they can be right out of the box.

Well i have never seen any DAC who output a clean 165Mhz from standard, as they all seems to be filtered to much.

And there might be a very good reason to do so, as the ones producing this stuff have to make them usefull and safe for a lot of applications.

And if the output bandwidth is to high/to much noise, no filter some projectors/ screens might run to hot and let the smoke out.

Im running a moome card with the filters bypassed, but mike has put filters to prevent overheating on the boards im running.

I can easy pass a perfect 200Mhz, and my guess is that 250Hz wont show any roleoff to.

Mike once posted screenshots running 300Mhz with the boards i have here.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be clear on one thing the pixel clock in MHz and the bandwidth in MHz. If someone is reading this thread I am mostly talking about bandwidth and that is roughly 1/2 times the pixel clock.

It is tempting to bypass the video amp (with gamma) filters on my moome board as the output of the video dac is the same voltage as the amp. Might just need a 75 Ohm resistor. The high frequency noise is so very high that in actual practise I don't think it will get across the short cables. But no guarantees and the MP rf filters is a saver bet.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stridsvognen wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

I belive i did read somewhere in here that Craig just changed the filters in some of the EXT cards, and then they work great.

It takes 2 min to bypass or change the filters.

Is there a thread where this is documented because I would like some backup but it seems easy indeed. However I did have my doubts on the video dac it self but if Craig has tried this is a great tip!

@Case: with the new htpc do you still use reclock and powerstrip or other tools?
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Let's be clear on one thing the pixel clock in MHz and the bandwidth in MHz. If someone is reading this thread I am mostly talking about bandwidth and that is roughly 1/2 times the pixel clock.

That you need to explain.? Why ½ the pixel clock.?

How can you resolve a digital on off signal with ½ the analog bandwidth.?
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number you get when you multiply the pixels with the framerate is what you see on your computer it say 148Mega pixels per second and someone called that 148MHz.

One full wave has an up and a down part. When you look at your monitor you see the up (white) and than the down (black). So one wave is two pixels. So if you express the frequency that is the number of waves per second you get 1/2 the pixel clock.

So if you look at specs of dac you will not see the pixel clock frequency but the wave frequency so if you see 90MHz dac flat you can be sure it resolves 180 MHz pixel clock.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:

Yeah i havent used mine in a while, generic CRT is still an option on the latest drivers, but it tries to drive a signal of around 240kHz to set the glasses up, ive never seen a CRT thatll go that high. With the GTX760 i cant use the 285 drivers, too old, so i resurected an older machine with the following specs:

Intel i7 950 LGA 1366 CPU
ASUS PT6 Deluxe x58 mobo
6 gigs or DDR3 in tripple channel
Nvidia 9800GT video card

I put Windows 8 on it because they were out of stock with Windows 7 PRO, and in all honesty once you have 8 set up, its hardly any different from 7 anyway. 3D working perfectly out the RGB socket and no issues playing 3D Blurays direct from the disc using PowerDVD 13 ULTRA and AnyDVD HD, the latter needed to spit out the HD and 3D signals from bought Blurays via RGB. It all works very easily without a hitch, perfectly smooth, very nice image.

He I found an old x800gt. When I connect to the Barco I get the max resolution of 1700x1200 or something. Does this mean that this x800gt can not do 1080p or is it just drivers? Guess this x800 is a little to 'crappy'?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: