Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Announcing the Fourth East Coast Blendzilla Meet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Well, after talking to Tim Martin 2 days ago, and talking to Craig Rounds yesterday about my thoughts on the subject, I just sent in my request to Analog Way for custom output resolutions for blending 2 CRT projectors, mounted side by side. I asked for a custom resolution of 1088 x 817 at 72 Hz 4/3 for displaying scope Blu-ray and HD-DVD movies, and a custom resolution of 1440 x 1080 @ 60 Hz 4/3 for displaying ATSC sources. I also asked that, if they were willing to do only one custom output resolution, that they supply the 1088 x 817 @ 72 Hz 4/3 resolution. We will see what happens.

Last edited by wkosmann on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkosmann wrote:
Well, I just sent in my request to Analog Way for custom output resolutions for blending 2 CRT projectors, mounted side by side. I asked for a custom resolution of 1088 x 817 at 72 Hz 4/3 for displaying scope Blu-ray and HD-DVD movies, and a custom resolution of 1440 x 1080 @ 60 Hz 4/3 for displaying ATSC sources. I also asked that, if they were willing to do only one custom output resolution, that they supply the 1088 x 817 @ 72 Hz 4/3 resolution. We will see what happens.

What is the max bandwidth/ pixel clock to each projector from the blend unit.?
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is the max bandwidth/ pixel clock to each projector from the blend unit.?

I just looked at the STE-100 owner's manual. The input spec that comes closest to answering your question is the "130 KHz maximum line frequency (165 MHz maximum pixel rate)" that shows up on both the VGA inputs and the DVI inputs. No such spec shows up on the output side. Analog Way is a French company. You might be able to contact them and talk to tech support and find out, since you are not far from France.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Mark yesterday. I hope there is going to be some more people coming. Is Clarence going to do a drive by? I think Haflich is in.
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I talked to Mark yesterday. I hope there is going to be some more people coming. Is Clarence going to do a drive by? I think Haflich is in.

Dear Spanky;

By Mark, do you mean Mark Haflich?

Lots of people have expressed interest, but not commitment. I expect we will end up with about 20 or so. How is the arm twisting with Athanasios, Justin, Cliffy, et. al. going? I thought you were going to be my muscle?

Some Analog Way boys may join us too.

Dr. Little Dog

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seaton not Haflich. I joked that you only have about five people on the list so far.

Haven't heard much from the rest of the crew. Big Dog can't drive, so someone is going to have to hog tie him, throw him in the back of their car and drive. Mr. Green
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Haven't heard much from the rest of the crew. Big Dog can't drive, so someone is going to have to hog tie him, throw him in the back of their car and drive.

The Big Dog could ride with Mark Seaton, if Mark Seaton is driving. Mark may be bringing new surrounds, so he may be driving. There should be room in the Jeep for Big Dog.

Dr. Little Dog

PS: Spanky, do you know if you are coming for sure?

Last edited by wkosmann on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkosmann, just sent you a PM about the meet.
View user's photo album (21 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say probable, but not definite.
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
wkosmann wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately my license is suspended at a minimum until the end of October........ This sucks.......

If you fly in to Washington Dulles, either I or someone else will drive over and pick you up from your flight in, and take you back for your flight out.

We'll see my BIG DOG BROTHER. I've got some hurdles ahead of me though. Re-capturing my family is going to take some serious time and effort. Big time. This is my main concentration at this point.

I will however most certainly come out if funds and time permit. Promise. Smile

Cliffy

Good on ya Cliff! Hope all goes well.

If things look good, let us know. I'm right down the road from Dulles and could pick you up. Plenty of nice hotels in the Tysons area to stay at.
View user's photo album (21 photos)
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are up to 10 Meet attendees, including me, but not including my viscious puppy Peanut, with today's addition of Mark Haflich.

Big Dog?

Jeremy?

Justin?

Curt?

Barbara?

Yo, Big Dog, PM me Arli's contact info. Have you told him about the Meet?

Dr. Little Dog

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that we are out, sorry! Sales have been slow, and unless I sell three 909s in the next couple of weeks, I can't justify spending the $$.

(kickstarter for a Curt-go-attend-a-CRT-meet?) Smile
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am pretty sure that we are out, sorry! Sales have been slow, and unless I sell three 909s in the next couple of weeks, I can't justify spending the $$.

(kickstarter for a Curt-go-attend-a-CRT-meet?) Smile

There was a guy who posted within the last couple of weeks that he needed 2 Sony G-90s. Are your sales skills slipping?

Are you really going to deprive Miss Barbara of the opportunity to sample some great Virginia wine? Really?

If the midget strippers are bothering you (or her) I can have Cliff keep them in the overhead bins during the weekend of the Meet.

Dr. Little Dog

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy was specifically looking in Europe for sets. He didn't respond to my post. Had a few nibbles on sets, but I've only sold one Vision 1 in the last month. Typical for summer, my 'FOOTBALL IS HERE' mailer will go out shortly.

Not sure if Barb can get time off work. She started a new job with the Red Cross in April-ish, so time off is slim until next year. Will attend whatever meet there is next year for sure, be it your place or Cliffs.
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkosmann wrote:
We are up to 10 Meet attendees, including me, but not including my viscious puppy Peanut, with today's addition of Mark Haflich.

Big Dog?

Jeremy?

Justin?

Curt?

Barbara?

Dr. Little Dog

BIG DOG, I have PM'd Arli via Facebook. I'm trying to figure this one out but unsure how I am going to pull it off. Lots of reasons why........

I would love to ride with Seaton if he is coming. Of course he will hate me as a result of the trip LMAO but if possible that may be an option.

One day at a time........

Cliffy
bomrat

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
wkosmann wrote:

Big Dog?

Jeremy?

Justin?

Curt?

Barbara?

Dr. Little Dog

BIG DOG, I have PM'd Arli via Facebook. I'm trying to figure this one out but unsure how I am going to pull it off. Lots of reasons why........

I would love to ride with Seaton if he is coming. Of course he will hate me as a result of the trip LMAO but if possible that may be an option.

Cliffy

sounds like a fun time.. i guess i am picking up cliffy, ouch, memphis to chicago, chicago to dc, dc to chicago, chicago to memphis.
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bomrat wrote:
overclkr wrote:
wkosmann wrote:

Big Dog?

Jeremy?

Justin?

Curt?

Barbara?

Dr. Little Dog

Cliffy

sounds like a fun time.. i guess i am picking up cliffy, ouch, memphis to chicago, chicago to dc, dc to chicago, chicago to memphis.

Smile Here we go where is Clarence?
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here we go where is Clarence?

Usually just outside Purcelville, Virginia.

PM Clarence via Facebook, and see if he responds.

I have added Cliffy and Arli to the attendance list. We are up to 12, and climbing...........

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the 4th East Coast Blendzilla Meet will be in 4 weeks, minus a day.

As of Right now, the list of committed attendees (not including my vicious dog Peanut includes:

Mr. RoCo (plane tickets purchased, so he will be here)
Mr. UncleWill (local to VA, high probability of his showing up)
Mr. Stridsvognen + his brother (plane tickets purchased, so I'm sure they're coming)
Mr. Spanky Ham (he has been rather adamant about saying he is probably coming, plus bugging others to come)
Mr. Mark Seaton (has posted on his Web Site that he is coming)
Mr. Loganvu (from Mark Seaton's website)
Mr. Skrill (from Mark Seaton's website, local to VA)
Mr. Mark Haflich (posted from AVSForum website, local to Va, and has been at every East Coast Blendzilla Meet)
Mr. Cliffy (being chauffeured by Bomrat)
Mr. Bomrat (chauffeuring Cliffy all around the US)
Dr. Little Dog (I'll be there fo' sho')
Don Wallace pork and beef brisket BBQ (but not Don Wallace)

There have been twice as many expressions of interest, but no other commitments.

Everybody who said they are coming still coming?

Dr. Little Dog

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still in for sure.. Wink

And will bring Mr. RoCo from the airport.

Do anyone have experience how it is to get boards, like Marquee boards into USA in my luggage?

I cant find anyone who knows, ill hate to be told to dump the boards in a security check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: