Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Announcing the Fourth East Coast Blendzilla Meet
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Announcing the Fourth East Coast Blendzilla Meet Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Dear Dudes and Dudettes;

I am hereby announcing the latest East Coast Blendzilla Meet (Part Quattro) TM. Part Trey was in 2009, so it's been a while (something about finishing an MS in Systems Engineering, starting and completing a PhD in Systems Engineering, all while working as a full time System Engineer in the Rocket Racket.) Said Home Theater Meet will be held in the bucolic countryside of Northern Virginia, approximately 50 miles directly West of Washington DC.

First order of business is to determine the Meet date(s). I'm thinking mid-October, as, with the trees turning various yellows, oranges, reds, and browns, there is no prettier place on Earth than Northern Virginia. My current first choice is Saturday, October 18. Current second choice is Saturday, October 11. Please chime in and let me know who would like to come, and what your date preferences are. I will drive the Meet date by maximizing the number of people who can come, whilst giving preference to those flying or driving from far away, and taking into account when Don Wallace (the BBQ master) is able to attend.

For those who have not been to any of the previous three East Coast Blendzilla Meets, I live on 12.6 acres in a totally rural area. The dedicated Home Theater is in the basement. The display system consists of two ceiling mounted Mike Parker heavily mod'd Marquee 9500 Ultra projectors, fed by an Analog Way Diventix 8022 blend hardware unit, projecting onto a 144" wide 2.35 to 1 SmX acoustically transparent weave fixed mount screen. Sources include an Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player, a Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player, a Samsung ATSC over the air tuner, and a DirecTV tuner. I have the most recent MP VIM, neckboard, and Moome version 3 HDMI input card mods installed and stable. (To my knowledge, only 3 other locations have said mods, Mike Parker's own Marque 8500 Ultra, Justin's Marquee 9500 Ultra, and Stridsvognen's Marquee 9500 Ultra in Denmark. All of these are single projector setups.) This is the only place in the world where one can view the latest MP mods on a 12 foot wide screen via blended projectors.

The audio system starts with a Denon AVP-A1HDCI audio processor, feeding 5 Seaton Catalyst speakers (left wide, left front, center, right front, right wide), four Seaton Submersive HP subwoofers, and two legacy Fosgate SD-180 side sets of speakers. The Denon AVP-A1HDCI has the latest 3D pass through, Audyssey XT32, Audyssey DSX upgrade. The Home Theater has a complete audio treatment installed. Last week I performed an Audyssey XT32 Pro audio calibration, integrating the wide speakers into the system for the first time, and lowering the 10k watts of Submersive subwoofer audio level by 20 dB! (Sorry Don.) Two rows of black powered recliner theater seating comfortably seat 6 viewers at a time, with room for another 3 or 4 to lie down in the front (if desired), and 8 to 10 to stand in the rear, if desired.

Food may be provided by Don Wallace Productions, if he is available the weekend of the Meet. Don has provided BBQ beef and pork at all 3 previous East Coast Blendzilla Meets, and no one has left disappointed. It is rumored that crab legs might also be available. Various varieties of both commercial and home brewed beer should be on the menu, as well as Virginia wine. Other culinary goodies my appear, depending on who comes. The menu will be flushed out over time, as particular individuals commit to attending. In the past, we have had the food on the screen porch, outside, allowing attendees to sit on the patio and take a break/converse in between theater viewings.

If you are interested in coming, please post in the thread as to your availability. Let the process begin.........................

I will maintain a list of those who have said they are coming here.

As of Right now, the list includes:

Mr. RoCo (plane tickets purchased, so he will be here)
Mr. UncleWill (local to VA, high probability of his showing up)
Mr. Stridsvognen + his brother (plane tickets purchased, so I'm sure they're coming)
Mr. Spanky Ham (he has been rather adamant about saying he is coming, plus bugging others to come)
Mr. Mark Seaton (has posted on his Web Site that he is coming)
Mr. Loganvu (from Mark Seaton's website)
Mr. Skrill (from Mark Seaton's website, local to VA)
Mr. Mark Haflich (local to Va, and has been at every East Coast Blendzilla Meet)
Mr. Cliffy (being chauffeured by Bomrat)
Mr. Bomrat (chauffeuring Cliffy all around the US)
Dr. Little Dog (I'll be there fo' sho')
Don Wallace pork and beef brisket BBQ (but not Don Wallace)

There have been twice as many expressions of interest, but no other commitments.

William
(aka Dr. Little Dog)

Last edited by wkosmann on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wellll... with 12.6 acres of land, I guess there's no need for midget strippers, only full size ones will suffice. Very Happy

I'll ask Barb if she can make it. Business has been a bit slow over the summer (expected), but as long as there's a solid rebound over the next 2 months, count me in!
Reddman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun and I've always wanted to attend one of these meets. I'll confirm my availability after checking my work schedule.
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 18th would give me breathing room, but I will know in the next week or so if the 11th is in the cards.

I am going to call out (guilt) the rest of the crew. Cliff, Nash, Jeremy, Rocco, Haflich, etc. into coming. Twisted Evil
the big E

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nothing comes up I would like to come
Just have to make sure it doesn't collide with another event that's going on locally during that month and the day and my work schedule

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 18th would give me breathing room, but I will know in the next week or so if the 11th is in the cards.

I am going to call out (guilt) the rest of the crew. Cliff, Nash, Jeremy, Rocco, Haflich, etc. into coming. Twisted Evil

You go guy!!!!! Twisted Evil

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 18th is good for me. I'm there!

Steve

stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds tempting.. Very Happy
UncleWill

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD
View user's photo album (21 photos)
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Announcing the Fourth East Coast Blendzilla Meet Reply with quote

wkosmann wrote:
(To my knowledge, only 2 other locations have said mods, Mike Parker's own Marque 8500 Ultra, and Stridsvognen's Marquee 9500 Ultra in Denmark, I believe. Both of these are single projector setups.) This is the only place in the world where one can view the latest MP mods on a 12 foot wide screen via blended projectors.

I'd be the third once Mike sends me the Moome filters. Mike, if you are reading this please send the filters. This is only my 5th request Crying or Very sad

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a fixed date/ weekend.? Ill really like to go see some of you guys, but i will need some time to plan the trip buy tickets and so on.
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Unfortunately my license is suspended at a minimum until the end of October........ This sucks.......
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:
Sad Unfortunately my license is suspended at a minimum until the end of October........ This sucks.......

Gee I wonder how that happened Lead foot ! Wink LOL

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:

Well, why don't you and Craig carpool? Twisted Evil

What about flying? Haflich said he would pick anyone up at BWI.
jbmeyer13

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overclkr wrote:

Considering I saw my life flash before on our trip to the beverage center I'm not surprised Laughing

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbmeyer13 wrote:
overclkr wrote:

Considering I saw my life flash before on our trip to the beverage center I'm not surprised Laughing

PONTIAC G8 will do that to you.

wkosmann

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a fixed date/ weekend.? Ill really like to go see some of you guys, but i will need some time to plan the trip buy tickets and so on.

By the weekend, I expect there will be. No one (who can come) has really objected to October 18. I'm giving people (especially those flying in from far away) a few more days to say whether they can come before I set the date.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unfortunately my license is suspended at a minimum until the end of October........ This sucks.......

If you fly in to Washington Dulles, either I or someone else will drive over and pick you up from your flight in, and take you back for your flight out.

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I get a nice sale in the next 2 weeks, Barb and I may be out. Someone needs a couple of nice 9" sets, right? Smile
overclkr

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
overclkr wrote:

Gee I wonder how that happened Lead foot ! Wink LOL

Nashou

Actually it's a DUI or in Indiana terms, OWI. It happened the night that Amy and I reunited. I felt a bit woozy while at her place and got on the road to make it home safe. Well, right when I was pulling in my driveway she texted me to let me know that I left my Ecig at her place. I made the dumb ass decision to turn around..........

They pulled me over at the entrance to my subdivision. Makes it that much worse. Sad

One day at a time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: