Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

pfc cine 9 and pfc cine 8 compatible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: pfc cine 9 and pfc cine 8 compatible? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi I have a power factor corrector from a 809 (cine 8) with number: R762905-08 and one form a cine 9 with number: R7631455-03.

They look very identical but can they be interchanged?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they cannot
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thanks!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt the set operate without that?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I understand the pfc makes 380 V dc. Both pfc had this 380 V and the other pins seemed the same but it is a rather complicated thing that also does boosting. I would have tried to interchange if Curt had not said no. They look very identical and it seems it is the main thing in the smps that characterises the Cine series from the older series. I mean it seems that the Cine 7, 8, 9 all have pfc while the 701 808 and 1209 do not.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent looked into it all that far, i will get more time one day

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have been glad if I had a Cine Max that did not require me to look up every document available Sad

I don't mind a little tweaking but this is way to much. Streaking is worse than ever now. On the positive side when I don't mind the streaking the picture is stunning and I almost don't hear a thing. Did the grayscale and gamma and found out that blue really needs to be defocussed a little to get it right but the result is visible!

Oh yeah also replaced the splitter with no result. So quadrupler EHT and splitter have been tested. Woudl have been nice to test the pfc so that I would be almost certain it is the SMPS Smile
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
I would have been glad if I had a Cine Max that did not require me to look up every document available Sad

I don't mind a little tweaking but this is way to much. Streaking is worse than ever now. On the positive side when I don't mind the streaking the picture is stunning and I almost don't hear a thing. Did the grayscale and gamma and found out that blue really needs to be defocussed a little to get it right but the result is visible!

Oh yeah also replaced the splitter with no result. So quadrupler EHT and splitter have been tested. Woudl have been nice to test the pfc so that I would be almost certain it is the SMPS Smile

I believe the Cine Max is older than the Cine 9.

View user's photo album (1 photos)
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjaky wrote:
redfox001 wrote:

I believe the Cine Max is older than the Cine 9.

Very well possible. When I look at the parts and I compare the 2002 809 (Cine 8) with the 2002 Cine Max the 809 looks better somehow. The pfc from the cine 8 is a little better constructed and everything seems to be redesigned. It might also be that the split pack casing is keeping the parts cooler because my 809 has 20000 hours and my max has 7000 but looks worse.

Anyway I have a deal on a split case soon. I could not let that one go by and it will give me all the spare parts I need I hope. Also as I said I think these case can be placed in a way to let the fans run loud.
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redfox001 wrote:
Woudl have been nice to test the pfc so that I would be almost certain it is the SMPS Smile

If you need a PFC board or SMPS for testing, i could borrow them but you'll have to pick them up ( one hour driving from you, if i'm not mistaken ). Let me know if i can help.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
redfox001 wrote:
Woudl have been nice to test the pfc so that I would be almost certain it is the SMPS Smile

If you need a PFC board or SMPS for testing, i could borrow them but you'll have to pick them up ( one hour driving from you, if i'm not mistaken ). Let me know if i can help.

Wow that is very kind but if I am correct you live in Belgium and I live in north Netherlands. But I keep it in mind as a very kind offer.

For now I might have found a practical solution. I noticed it is most visible to the top of the picture and that is because the black bars on top and below. So I changed the aspect ratio to eliminate the black bars and that seems to work as the peaking banding is not so visible anymore.

But I don't know how to make a separate memory for this resolution. How do I select a different memory block? Somthing with the remote?
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this works like a charm Very Happy

Made a resolution of 1920x804. Selecting the resolution switches to a new block. Even lower bandwith this way. Don't tell me you guys where doing this all the time Smile
Hulio

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on what input you are using, pressing 93 (for port 3) or 95 (for port 5) creates a new memory block with the same values as the active source (digital interpolation). This way you don't have to start from schratch with geometry, convergence and so on, while you keep the previous block intact.
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hulio wrote:
Depending on what input you are using, pressing 93 (for port 3) or 95 (for port 5) creates a new memory block with the same values as the active source (digital interpolation). This way you don't have to start from schratch with geometry, convergence and so on, while you keep the previous block intact.

Thanks. I knew it was something like that.

I made a complete 2:35 1 resolution and everything is better. The convergence is less stressed and I don't see the peaking banding except for one scene or so. Playing a 16/9 movie I switch back. I have to make another resolutions for 720p material. I am very happy again with the image Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy With CRT you have to take advantage of the different resolutions.
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1920 x 804 ?

You mean 1920 x 800, right ?

As for the PFC one of my projectors has one the other not.

I have to check the part numbers.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know. I checked a movie and it had the resolution 1980x804 I assumed they all do. hmmm. A cine 9 without pfc? Shocked

damn the next is 1912*792
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sets (not sure if in the cine 9 units, but 909 for sure) had simple ac input boards like the older 808 sets. Only some had pfc boards.
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm strange all my units had PFC. and I run 1920x817@72hz try that for a change.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good idea. I have to try 72Hz!
redfox001

PostLink    Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 'need for speed' op 72Hz that goes much faster lol Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: