Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Vizio 550M black screen after 1 second still has sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbier63

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Vizio 550M black screen after 1 second still has sound Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have a Vizio VF550M that goes to black after about 1 second but continues to have sound. I have changed PS board, Tcon board,main board and both inverter boards. All boards still have the same problem but doesn't mean all there boards I received were good. Anyway help would be appreciated.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that this is a fluorescent tube unit, one of the tubes is most likely bad. I've seen this a lot in computer monitors. There's no cure for this, as the tubes aren't available. Throw the set out.
dbier63

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really one tube can ruin the whole set?
dbier63

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one tube will cause all of the tubes to go out?
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. they also have current sensing circuits, so you can't unplug the defective one and make the rest work. I've tried..
dbier63

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll strip the components and trash the rest. Thanks so much!
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to your local goodwill if you live in the USA, they should recycle electronics for free, ours here does, I've ditched all kinds of useless crap to them, everything from small computers to big ass multifunction copying systems.

Oh, they hate it if someone says they'll take it from you while you're trying to drop it off...

I wonder why Razz

Also... The set could be worth something to someone who needs a good panel, someone may have a cracked panel, and good fluorescent tubes in their set. A bit of messing around with it and one of 2 sets would be fixable from your bad set.

Nothing is truly junk.... Wink

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway help would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: