Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

HDFury4 performance.?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: HDFury4 performance.? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have for a long time wanted to test the Hdfury4, but whenever i ask Hdfury about specs or performance i have a hard time get any useful answers.

Anyone here who have and use it, and have tested the claimed 72/96hz 230Mhz bandwidth, HDMI and analog output.?

Maybe someone here had a scope on it.? Ill hate to spend 400$ to buy one if its no better then the HDFury3.

HDFurys tech support wrote this to me....

""I cannot help any further so you can post or not it doesnt matter to me. As I have said you can either try or not. I cannot help with questions I cannot answer.

You are most likely the only person on earth who cares as most people use digital which all accept 24 hz."""

I sound more or less to me as they dont care to make and sell products for analog displays.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there thanks for taking the post in a pm out of context.

The post as it is written does not spell out what transpired in the multitude of pm's.

Of course they care about analog displays what use would the hdfury series to be to a person with a digital display?

The hdfury 4 will do what you want.

Anyway to get back on track.
He was offered a 30 day return but do not want to deal with shipping it back if it doesnt work. Hdfury does not give out loaners as no other company does either. They accept returns if it doesnt work out. Seeing he is the only person on earth with the equipment to test it properly he needs to test it for himself.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildchild22 wrote:
Hey there thanks for taking the post in a pm out of context.

The post as it is written does not spell out what transpired in the multitude of pm's.

Of course they care about analog displays what use would the hdfury series to be to a person with a digital display?

The hdfury 4 will do what you want.

Anyway to get back on track.
He was offered a 30 day return but do not want to deal with shipping it back if it doesnt work. Hdfury does not give out loaners as no other company does either. They accept returns if it doesnt work out. Seeing he is the only person on earth with the equipment to test it properly he needs to test it for himself.

Im for sure not the only one with a CRT like this, maybe many dont care, or wont be able to notice a difference, as many in here already have a preference for some moome products over the Hdfury.

As most scalers/ all i know off have some shortcommings of some kind, i would have loved some information about what the fury do good and wont do so good.

You also know i just made arangements to order a Hdfury4, and ill post in details my findings in here.

It would be great if you can post some tests and explain a bit about the product and its performance in here.

How it was measured/ tested, bandwidth noise and so on.

Also please explain how Hdfury.com and .co.uk and .eu is conected, and why they dont seem to offer the same conditions and return service.

If you cant comment or know about the specifik testing and performance of the product, your welcome to ask someone else from the Hdfury team to assist you.
wildchild22

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hdfury .eu and .co.uk are resellers.

only .com are the manufacturers. Please post your review of the tests. I have no way to get the info you want. So we will leave it up to you for the tests.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So no one from tech support has any idea at all? Why are they in tech support?

RUNCO DTV991 LC ( NEC XG 852 LC ) 100" 4:3 screen, H/K AVR 5.1...
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Hdfury 4, and i can already say that the analog bandwidth is not anything to brag about, it wont resolve 148Mhz signal.

So it looks more or less like the Hdfury 3 as a DA converter.

HDMI in HDMI out passing 1080P 60hz looks to be ok, great luma and croma bandwidth, but as others the Croma gets cut down when it has to do any scaling/ frame tripling.

Ill look some movie on it feeding it 1080P 24hz, output 1080P 72hz tonight, see how it compares to the Radiance.

Looking testpatterns it looks much better than the Radiance, i mostly focused on the croma test patterns.

So tonight ill see if i get some of the lost dynamics back i have using the Radiance as a frame tripler.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Off topic.

Last edited by thewolfman on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Off topic.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested 720P 60hz running RGBHV out, and it wont resolve it, quite limited analog bandwidth, guessing its the analog filters who need to be modified.

Im trying to make the scaler GUI work, did not have any luck so far, its not just a download and run thing.

It should be able to run 200Mhz so with the scaler GUI i should be able to change timings to push raster ringing out at 1080P 72hz.

I dont know where the 230Mhz bandwidth come from. So that must be a sales trick, cant see anyone would be able to get 230Mhz pixel clock true this device analog or digital out.

Looked a few movies and some Netflix on it last night running 1080P 72hz, and was quite pleased with the result, nice dept and dynamic range, and the frame tripler from 24-72hz did run smooth all night.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPPO 103D 1080P 24hz -> Hdfury4 1080 72hz HDMI out -> Moome VIM.

178Mhz

Last edited by stridsvognen on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPPO 103D 1080P 24hz -> Hdfury4 1080 72hz RGBHV out.

178Mhz

Last edited by stridsvognen on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPPO 103D 1080P 24hz -> Hdfury4 800P 96hz HDMI out -> Moome VIM.

187Mhz
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier to see with side by side comparison.

72hz vs 96hz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.27 KB
 Viewed:  15786 Time(s)

72hz vs 96hz.jpg

Last edited by thewolfman on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that you cant use my Pictures for sharpness evaluation.

Its ment as a bandwidth evaluation.

Every time you change resolution, the convergence focus and geometry changes, and i dont do a full blown setup to shoot these bandwidth tests.

Also the camera autofocus can be off, and its more and less a free shot, no fancy camera setup.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After running some time. 30min + the analog output starts to make some noise, distortion, must be heat related, its only on the analog out.

And its not hot, its hanging free with plenty of air around.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Off topic.

Last edited by thewolfman on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Off topic.

Last edited by stridsvognen on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic. Deleted.

Last edited by thewolfman on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now im testing the croma output on the Hdfury4 and how it converts color spaces while scaling/ passing the processor.

Ill try shoot a picture, but the noise on the analog output is teasing me, so i need to let it cool down before i can move on.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted. Off topic.

Last edited by thewolfman on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Video Processors, Converters, Switchers, Cables All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: