Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Torus Screen build need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roxiedog13

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Torus Screen build need help Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm considering a torus screen either fixed ( painted) or the old vacuum method , both would be about equally challenging to me.

I'm stuck now on the type of paint to use if I go a fixed solid screen or which screen fabric to use if I go the old original route.

Silver for contrast would be best, hot spotting a desirable trait for a torus screen and gain dependent on obvious other factors. I'll be running a mix of 3D ( active glasses) and 2D, mostly wide screen ( 2.40:1) in a dedicated bat cave theater
with 100% light control. PJ is the new SOny VPL VW600ES the screen will be around the 130-136" diagonal.

Anyway, if we have some members still active with torus, please let me know.

Thank You !!

hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User tschaeikaei is currently building a torus

Cheers
hansilili

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you bumped this old thread.

You pretty much can't use a Torus screen with a digital unless you have a special processor or lens.

Doing a hard Torus is difficult. A soft Torus was done by a handful of people with Vutec Pearlbrite. Not sure if it is still available.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spammer bumped it and hansilili replied after. I nuked the spammer after the fact.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: