Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony Card, Need Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moome

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ya, I was busy for the new BOX, but I always read email evry 3-4 hours except I am sleeping. Very Happy
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just set up a G70 with the Moome card last month. I was very impressed, and when I discovered the output range expander I was really thrilled. Unfortunately I also had a problem with one of the inputs seeming to be dead. In my case it turned out that the contacts of that input jack has gotten flaky. Some careful adjustment of how deep the HDMI plug goes into the jack brings the input to life. Perhaps a more robust jack would be worth investigating in future revisions.
I'm using 15ft and 20ft Rix HDMI cables with good results, from a samsung bluray player and a 2010 Mac mini.
If things seem messed up beyond recognition, press 4...

Doc B.
Head Bottlehead
Bottlehead Corp.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doc, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the observations.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Doc, good to see you here! feel free to post your website addresses in full in your signature. The geeks here will geek OUT! Smile
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll do up a signature when I get a chance. Meantime, the website is www.bottlehead.com
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc B. wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll do up a signature when I get a chance. Meantime, the website is www.bottlehead.com

OK geeking out in 3...2...1!

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I have a little follow up - the issue of one HDMI input not sensing signal happened again to me last night, even my wiggling the HDMI plug in that jack a bit no longer worked. So I pulled the card to have a look. Each HDMI jack has a sheet metal tab that is screwed to the front panel. Each of these tabs had about a 1mm gap between it and the panel, that is to say the screws that screwed the tabs down were a little loose. Not sure if that was intentional because of some alignment issue in the parts layout, but anyway I tightened up the screw on each HDMI jack tab and plugged the card back in, figuring that might make for a little more stable connection or possibly a better shield-to-ground path. Both input indicators lit right up when I put the card and cables back in and switching between them is now consistently good.
bottlehead.com
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Connectors need to have the solder reflowed where they are connected to the PCB board. The tightening of the screws that hold them to the face plate most likely is pushing the through hole pins to make contact to the PCB. It s a temporary solution but not a permanent one.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HDMI socket mounting pins are surface mount, not thru hole. I did inspect them with a loupe and the connections looked very solid and clean. In fact the board looked good everywhere. My suspicion is that the contacts in the jack itself were just not making good connections with the contacts in the cable plug because the fit was a little wiggly. Securing the jacks more tightly to the front panel probably just created a better angle for the plug pins to contact the jack pins. I find all of these little connectors like HDMI, USB and all of the mini variants pretty consistently unreliable. Don't even get me started about ribbon cables! It's not really the manufacturer's fault, something like a DVI-D connection is superior mechanically but everyone wants to sell skinny sexy things, even when those things are as mundane as an electrical connection. I for one am most appreciative that someone would go to the trouble to make this sweet little card available for these fossils.
bottlehead.com
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got my card back from moome and it's working fine! Even the remote works when I select output 1 or 2. Now I can finally hook up my dvd player & Roku box. Surprised)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for following up on this Larry, and way to go Moome for taking care of your customer!

Thumbs Up

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Color space Reply with quote

Remote key "4" to let IFB Auto detect input color space. When color not normal, you may press remote key 5 6 7 accidentally.

Is color space same as input of signal?

alanjesq
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Remote questions Reply with quote

moome wrote:
ya, I was busy for the new BOX, but I always read email evry 3-4 hours except I am sleeping. Very Happy

I just bought you HDMI card v 3 for Sony GL 70. It seems to light up, but I have no picture?

Several folks have expressed frustration with the remote that comes with you card. In my case the one for Sony. Could you please explain what all of the buttons do? And, please explain "sw" that can be found on the card as well as the "DET" light.

Lastly, if a user pulls the card from the Sonyand re-inserts, does that act as a hard re-boot?

Many thanks

alanjesq
alanjesq

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony Card, Need Help Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
I have the latest Sony HDMI card, Sony 1272 using a Sony Switcher. All RGBHV

First, I try using the remote control, and nothing happens. How do you use this thing? What am I suppose to control with it?
I push every button & nothing happens.

Second, Card works fine when I use my dvd player in the top port. But when I use the second port, neither port works then. I turn off my dvd player and the second port still doesn't work. I can't have two items plugged in

Isn't it suppose to sense what port is being used?

Any help appreciated, read the manual posted here, but wasn't any help.

UPDATE, Now I can't get any signal using the card. What a piece of crap & waste of money this has been.

Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad

The Moome HDMI V 3 card has a button that will change "Links" or what I think you are calling "Port". When you press any button on the Remote you should hear a buzz and get a light on the card to flash signaling command received. Check the batteries in the remote. I don't know if all the buttons work, but I can tell you the switch from Link 1 to Link 2 work, and I can positively tell you that the D key works. There is also a data sheet that will tell you what each button is intended to do.

Moome's email works very well.

alanjesq
Doc B.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming back way after the dance was over here, but I'll add a few nuggets from my own experience. For starters the card I installed a few months ago is still working very nicely. I do find that I sometimes have to press button D to get it to sync with my new Oppo 103d at startup. Not a big deal. Also have to press C to set the black boost sometimes at start up. Again not a big deal at all, just offering some datapoints. The connections have remained rock solid since I tightened up the screws as mentioned in my post above.

One thing to think about if the remote does not seem to work is the position of the sensor on the Moome card. My room is very much blacked out, with a black curtain maybe a foot behind the rear of the G70. I have to bounce the remote signal off the back curtain to get a chirp of recognition from the card since it is sort of recessed into the back panel and the signal is too weak coming from darkened front or side walls.

Aside from the very minor button pressing items I have to say that the Moome card and the Oppo are playing extremely well together. The theater is now running a full Bottlehead/Blumenstein Audio 5.1 setup and I recently switched to a Wilsonart Designer White laminate 96" screen. The most frequent comment from visitors is "I could sit in here and watch movies all day".

bottlehead.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: