Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony Card, Need Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I'm not so sure this is the problem, When I used the card when it was working it had a great picture. Input 1 worked fine, Input 2 never worked. Now when I try the card it doesn't even have a signal. Total run length to the PJ is only 15 feet or so

AnalogRocks wrote:
I just looked up my old notes on Moome card in Sony 1271 switcher. I had to add an Extron 202+ on the output to boost the signal as the Moome card has no output buffer ( amplifier ). Until I did that the picture was unusable.

Crabb has a 202 for sale.

There's no way the Moome card can drive your long RGBHV cable.

The next time I set one of those up I used an HDFury1 on an IFB12 card ( not the 10 nor the 11 ) because the IFB12 is buffered and can drive a longer cable.

SO, since you have the Moome already go for the Extron and a short RGBHV cable to hook it up with.

Last edited by larryp on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
I'm not so sure this is the problem, When I used the card when it was working it had a great picture. Input 1 worked fine, Input 2 never worked. Now when I try the card it doesn't even have a signal.

AnalogRocks wrote:
I just looked up my old notes on Moome card in Sony 1271 switcher. I had to add an Extron 202+ on the output to boost the signal as the Moome card has no output buffer ( amplifier ). Until I did that the picture was unusable.

The next time I set one of those up I used an HDFury1 on an IFB12 card ( not the 10 nor the 11 ) because the IFB12 is buffered and can drive a longer cable.

SO, since you have the Moome already go for the Extron and a short RGBHV cable to hook it up with.

Does you card have Component inputs?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:

Wow, so the switcher itself has no buffering, but instead each and every one of the cards you put in the switcher has to have buffering? Really?

The PC-1271 literature specifically mentions 50m of cable compatibility on the SIC-M output (at 70mhz BW). I wonder if the SIC-M output is buffered, but not the RGBHV output?

Still… Sony didn't sell a separate buffer/interface, so it's a little hard to believe they would have sold a switcher that required a third-party piece to work in nearly every installation?

Self-serving thread-jack: BTW, I have two Sony switchers - a PC-1270 and a 1271 - that anybody here can have for free if they want to pay shipping on them. Oh, I have the aforementioned Extron 202, plus an IFU-1271, and an Extron Crosspoint 84HVA that could also be had cheap. Oh, and Steren Python RGBHV cable snakes, too. Wink

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My card is the latest version available

http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Moome website says it's fully compatible with a Sony switcher.

AnalogRocks wrote:
larryp wrote:
I'm not so sure this is the problem, When I used the card when it was working it had a great picture. Input 1 worked fine, Input 2 never worked. Now when I try the card it doesn't even have a signal.

AnalogRocks wrote:

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
AnalogRocks wrote:

Wow, so the switcher itself has no buffering, but instead each and every one of the cards you put in the switcher has to have buffering? Really?

The PC-1271 literature specifically mentions 50m of cable compatibility on the SIC-M output (at 70mhz BW). I wonder if the SIC-M output is buffered, but not the RGBHV output?

Still… Sony didn't sell a separate buffer/interface, so it's a little hard to believe they would have sold a switcher that required a third-party piece to work in nearly every installation?

Self-serving thread-jack: BTW, I have two Sony switchers - a PC-1270 and a 1271 - that anybody here can have for free if they want to pay shipping on them. Oh, I have the aforementioned Extron 202, plus an IFU-1271, and an Extron Crosspoint 84HVA that could also be had cheap. Oh, and Steren Python RGBHV cable snakes, too. Wink

SC

It would seem so. I was wondering just how much buffering the IFB-12 had in it. Last week I decided to add an RTC2200 to my GF's projector for the gamma bump. SO I ordered 2 RGBHV cables from Atlona. They sent one 6 foot and one 13 foot, was supoosed to be 2, 6 foot cables. I coulnd't get a signal to the RTC2200 from either. I tested all the cables and boxes separately with my netbook and everything works. Just not from the 1271 switcher. I eventually got bored and took a nap. lol I love the holidays. I'll have at it again next time.

How long are your RGBHV cables?

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
My card is the latest version available

http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

Moome website says it's fully compatible with a Sony switcher.

AnalogRocks wrote:
larryp wrote:

AnalogRocks wrote:

Sorry Larry, I have been reading all 3 of your threads and got things mixed up. I thought you had the older Component/HDMI card.

Lets have a look at the manual and see if we can figure this out.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought. We have seen this before. How long are your HDMI cables? If they are short some times they won't work. Kal, had this happen and so have I. I bought 3 foot cables thinking shorter is better. Had to goto 6 foot and 9 foot cables to get a picture.

Now this isn't specifically with the Moome card, just HDMI in general.

CRT.

HD done right!
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable that came with my Roku box is 6 feet. The one on my dvd player I'm guessing 3-4 feet. I switched them around to . Then ruled out possible cable problem.

AnalogRocks wrote:
Another thought. We have seen this before. How long are your HDMI cables? If they are short some times they won't work. Kal, had this happen and so have I. I bought 3 foot cables thinking shorter is better. Had to goto 6 foot and 9 foot cables to get a picture.

Now this isn't specifically with the Moome card, just HDMI in general.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Roku box produce a picture for you?

CRT.

HD done right!
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes

AnalogRocks wrote:
Did the Roku box produce a picture for you?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent a note to Moome and pointed him to this thread.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You everyone for all your help. Really appreciate it.

kal wrote:
I've sent a note to Moome and pointed him to this thread.

Kal
moome

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sony Card, Need Help Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
I have the latest Sony HDMI card, Sony 1272 using a Sony Switcher. All RGBHV

First, I try using the remote control, and nothing happens. How do you use this thing? What am I suppose to control with it?
I push every button & nothing happens.

Second, Card works fine when I use my dvd player in the top port. But when I use the second port, neither port works then. I turn off my dvd player and the second port still doesn't work. I can't have two items plugged in

Isn't it suppose to sense what port is being used?

Any help appreciated, read the manual posted here, but wasn't any help.

UPDATE, Now I can't get any signal using the card. What a piece of crap & waste of money this has been.

Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad

Dear Larryp:
sorry for late.
here are some useful information about the IFB card for you

1. the valid remote key for IFB V3 are

1 -->select input 0
2 -->select input 1
4 -->let IFB card Auto detect input color space

2. you can use either remote key 1 2 to toggle two inputs or use the push button on the card to switch between two inputs.

3. the IFB V3 has 1.6GHz video cable drive. but I still suggest you use as short RGBHV cable as possible for PC1270 or 1271 switcher to get the best video quality.

let me know if more questions.
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I entered the keys, per your instructions
Nothing happened.
I can't tell if the remote is even working.
Even when I press the power button nothing happens. How can I tell if the remote is functioning properly?

The only led that's on is a green one when I plug a cable into a input. I pushed the button on the back of the card, but nothing happened. No led is working
moome

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
Nothing happened.
Even when I press the power button nothing happens. How can I tell if the remote is functioning properly?

The only led that's on is a green one when I plug a cable into a input. I pushed the button on the back of the card, but nothing happened. No led is working

when no HDMI cable pulg in, any link red LED light up?
when you press remote, you need aim the IR window on the IFB V3.
you should hear beep sound if IFB get IR signal.

thanks
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I unplugged the cable, a red light is on. Still no signal input when I plug it back in

I couldn't hear the remote beep, and I didn't see any sign of it working such as a bulb flicker when powering on or pressing a key. It has new batteries in it to.

I'd like to send the card & remote back to you

moome wrote:
larryp wrote:
Nothing happened.

thanks
moome

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
When I unplugged the cable, a red light is on. Still no signal input when I plug it back in

I couldn't hear the remote beep, and I didn't see any sign of it working such as a bulb flicker when powering on or pressing a key. It has new batteries in it to.

I'd like to send the card & remote back to you

moome wrote:
larryp wrote:
Nothing happened.

thanks

Dear Larry:
I have PM you the shipping address.
let me know if any question.

thanks
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I'll return it for evaluation & repair.
moome

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
Thank You, I'll return it for evaluation & repair.

okok~~~
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping out with Larry's issue, Moome! That's the kind of manufacturer support I like to see!!!

Thumbs Up

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: