Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Sony Card, Need Help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Sony Card, Need Help Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have the latest Sony HDMI card, Sony 1272 using a Sony Switcher. All RGBHV

First, I try using the remote control, and nothing happens. How do you use this thing? What am I suppose to control with it?
I push every button & nothing happens.

Second, Card works fine when I use my dvd player in the top port. But when I use the second port, neither port works then. I turn off my dvd player and the second port still doesn't work. I can't have two items plugged in

Isn't it suppose to sense what port is being used?

Any help appreciated, read the manual posted here, but wasn't any help.

UPDATE, Now I can't get any signal using the card. What a piece of crap & waste of money this has been.

Thumbs Down Evil or Very Mad
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody help Larry? I had a loaner Moome card - I think it was the original IFB-HD with one HDMI and one component, and I could never get the remote to do anything, either. To add to the frustration, it flashed black/white/black a LOT with the PS3 as a source - much, much worse than with the HD Fury 1 or 3, which typically stayed black until HDCP handshake and picture sync.

I know these cards are well-regarded, but does anybody know the card well enough to be able to help Larry at least get the card functioning in a basic manner?

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its the Moome card ill surgest to contact moome.. He might be the most qualified to help.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I sent Moome two 'defective' Sony cards, both that I personally checked in a set here before sending them in. One was a current version, sold by me in Sept, the other one was an older card. both showed no pix whatsoever on either input. My bench card worked fine in the same set.

Both are on the way back to me with a 'no fault found' reply, but with the following note from Moome. I emailed this to Larry as well:

Remote key "4" to let IFB Auto detect input color space. When color not normal, you may press remote key 5 6 7 accidentally.
Remote key "D" to let IFB bypass H-shift function (default setting), at this mode, yellow LED should be off.
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Moome Sony hdmi card.
I emailed them first.
I'm finding I have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting a reply to my emails

stridsvognen wrote:
If its the Moome card ill surgest to contact moome.. He might be the most qualified to help.
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt,
I pressed the 4 & D keys, nothing happened.

Curt Palme wrote:
FYI, I sent Moome two 'defective' Sony cards, both that I personally checked in a set here before sending them in. One was a current version, sold by me in Sept, the other one was an older card. both showed no pix whatsoever on either input. My bench card worked fine in the same set.

Both are on the way back to me with a 'no fault found' reply, but with the following note from Moome. I emailed this to Larry as well:

Remote key "4" to let IFB Auto detect input color space. When color not normal, you may press remote key 5 6 7 accidentally.
Remote key "D" to let IFB bypass H-shift function (default setting), at this mode, yellow LED should be off.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the instructions.

http://www.moomecard.com/moome-old/images/stories/moome/IFB-FULLHD/ifb_fhd_v121.pdf

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the led on the card indicate that it recive your remote command.?

And are all the jumpers on the card set right.?
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. Never heard any jumpers had to be set on the card.

stridsvognen wrote:

Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the cards I've sold/installed, there have never been any jumper changes needed out of the box.
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larryp wrote:
I have no idea. Never heard any jumpers had to be set on the card.

stridsvognen wrote:

I might be wrong, but just think i have seen somewhere that there is a jumper that have to be changed when used in a switcher.

No idea with the sony.

Do you get a response on the led using the remote?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, I think the 1272 can accept the moome card internally? Did you try it that way?

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Larry, I think the 1272 can accept the moome card internally? Did you try it that way?

As I recall, the 1272 is hanging from a vaulted ceiling in a living room with cable installed in a finished wall, hence his lack of interest in a digital projector or anything that would require new cabling.

If I would have been advising him, I'd have suggested an HD Fury 2. It's about half the price of the Moome and would be more than adequate for Larry's 1272, and would work fine with IFB-12 cards, which are easily obtained if spares aren't already installed in the switcher. But, I digress…

I know the Moome cards are supposed to be great, but support is practically nonexistent. I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody posted with an issue saying, "I emailed Moome a month or two ago and never got a response…" Totally unacceptable in my opinion. I realize it's a one-man show, but he's not selling a $20 product, either.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrab.

I think it has been covered.

He have 2 mails, and as i understand some might end up as junk, and contacting him on the other mail adress, or from another mail seems to solve it.

He is not super fast to respond. But its the best, and only internal solution we have, so if we bitch to much we might end up with nothing.

At least i never seen moome promise something, and not douing it.

When will we see your promised reference screenshots?

Happy new year..!!

Last edited by stridsvognen on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ceiling mounted with cables running thru my wall & attic. Running a separate cable would be a real pain & I won't do that.
I put the card in other switcher slots that work fine. Still no luck

Nashou66 wrote:

Nashou
larryp

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Geesh, I didn't know about the HD Fury 2 product. I assume Curt sells it? I'll look into it. Thank You

ecrabb wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

As I recall, the 1272 is hanging from a vaulted ceiling in a living room with cable installed in a finished wall, hence his lack of interest in a digital projector or anything that would require new cabling.

If I would have been advising him, I'd have suggested an HD Fury 2. It's about half the price of the Moome and would be more than adequate for Larry's 1272, and would work fine with IFB-12 cards, which are easily obtained if spares aren't already installed in the switcher. But, I digress…

I know the Moome cards are supposed to be great, but support is practically nonexistent. I wish I had a dollar for every time somebody posted with an issue saying, "I emailed Moome a month or two ago and never got a response…" Totally unacceptable in my opinion. I realize it's a one-man show, but he's not selling a $20 product, either.

SC
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get any response on the led when using the remote.?
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked up my old notes on Moome card in Sony 1271 switcher. I had to add an Extron 202+ on the output to boost the signal as the Moome card has no output buffer ( amplifier ). Until I did that the picture was unusable.

Crabb has a 202 for sale.

There's no way the Moome card can drive your long RGBHV cable.

The next time I set one of those up I used an HDFury1 on an IFB12 card ( not the 10 nor the 11 ) because the IFB12 is buffered and can drive a longer cable.

SO, since you have the Moome already go for the Extron and a short RGBHV cable to hook it up with.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats It Jeremy!! I remember that issue you had!!!

I was going to suggest he get a marquee switcher and the Marquee moome card.

Lets see if the Extron solves the issue.

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Thats It Jeremy!! I remember that issue you had!!!

I was going to suggest he get a marquee switcher and the Marquee moome card.

Lets see if the Extron solves the issue.

Nashou

Yeah, it's all in my old HTPC build thread. http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=100597#100597

Seems there's a voltage issue with some sources. Weird. I remember the testing - AND frustration - well. Wink
If it's the older card with component and HDMI he can try a component source too for testing purposes. Seems that worked on both the DVI card and HDMI combo card when the digital inputs didn't.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: